RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Omani consortium make firm offer

• UK-based group pulls out

• Omani group say they want Shearer

Louise Taylor

An Omani consortium, consisting of kebab sellers from Hackney, have emerged as the favourites to take Newcastle United off Mike Ashley hands.  The group have said they have a 'history in business', with most of the group having being in the kebab business for almost 30 years.

The group's spokesperson Fahad ibn Mahmood Al Said, originally from Muscat said: 'the consortium are very excited about the prospect of taking Newcastle back to were they belong and selling some kebabs in the North East.

Mike Ashley put Newcastle up for sale again at the weekend following the club's relegation from the Premier League.

:kinnear:

Anyone have any clue who's in 'The Omani group' or what they do?

It looks like they are a building, construction, developement and also a holiday comapny based in the Dubia or some sort. The leader is a man called Hanif Shaikh.

Guest toonlass

Why would broadsheet papers like the Torygraph take stories from the Ronny? Have a feeling that this might have some substance behind it.

Can Greggs not just buy us ffs?

Reminds me of something I thought the other day. How come Mackems don't boycott Greggs?

Because it's only us Geordies who know where it's from, noone else actually knows it from here. Also how can they boycott it, would be rather pointless since research shows that most mackems shop in Newcastle, over 60%, where as only 9% of them shop in Sunderland, I think 30% shop in the Metro Centre.

Guest fraser

The money I raised to buy the club before Ashley pulled it off the market was put into escrow.  Having collected some interest since then, I now have $2,134.66.  I have drafted a new letter of intent and have sent it to Seymour Pierce post haste.

I await acknowledgement before I commence negotiations.

We need to talk. I have a modest endowment policy due to mature any day now and that's another £3kish. Also I have received interesting emails from a Nigerian Prince....

Guest toonlass

I am putting a bid in.

Loca paper the consett and stanley advertiser says

"Local miserable git and tightarse nomark Ian Jackson is bidding for control of Newcastle United, He is currently canvassing the comittee of Consett staion club to put the last of the finance in place"

I was thinking about it this morning. Looked down the back of the sofa for loose change and everything, but found I was sadly just short of the funds required to take over

Guest gggg

can we not get a fans consortium together now the price has come down.??

Aye 10 million of us chip in a tenner

or find 200 thousand with £500 spare

Reminds me of something I thought the other day. How come Mackems don't boycott Greggs?

Hopefully we'll get taken over by o2 and the fuckers will boycott oxygen

Hopefully we'll get taken over by o2 and the fuckers will boycott oxygen

I doubt any of them are intelligent enough to make that link.