RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

i cannot for the life of me think of 1 valid reason why a man like Sheik muhammed would buy a championship club if he was thinking of getting into football...This is a guy who is horse racing mad and at the top of the tree for that profession..buying us would be like him buying a donkey and running it at epsom

Could be . .  a difficult one . . . er . . . "because we aren't really a Championship Club" . . . ? ? ?

nah. i've seen this seasons fixtures and we are.

ok then  :rolleyes:

Guest sicko2ndbest

Cost of buying a top 6 club and value for money + - Positives - - Negatives

Man Utd - 1 billion

+

A near 80000 capacity

Huge global fanbase

A number of world class stars

Huge sponsorship deals

-

A lot of world class players are at the end of their careers

They are at their maximum value at the moment (world club champs)

Manager coming to the end of his career

Huge debt

Arsenal - 700mil

+

Large brand new stadium

Top youngsters with high sell on value

Low wages

Top manager

-

Huge debt

No World class players (arshavin ?)

Salary cap

Liverpool - 500mil

+

A number of world class stars (in particular Torres and Gerrard who would instantly give you a 100mil + return)

Huge global fanbase

Large sponsorship deals

Good manager

-

Needs a new stadium

Relies too heavily on a couple of players

Chelsea - 350mil

+

A number of high calibre players

High season ticket prices would give large income

-

Relatively small stadium

Massive wage bill

Man City - 400mil

+

A number of top players

-

Huge wage bill

unproven manager

low global appeal

NOW

Newcastle - 100mil

+

Low value due to relegation

Huge fanbase

Average global appeal

Low(er) expectations

-

High wages

No proven manager

In the championship

I think in these terms we are an absolute bargain, and with what it would cost for some of the other top clubs i think a group with the foresight to do the deal would have a steal

Guest sicko2ndbest

Arshavin, Gallas, Clichy, Fabregas and maybe Van Persie are world class players imo.

Not in the mould of Gerrard, Torres, Rooney, Rio, Terry, Lampard or Drogba

Guest Heneage

Arshavin, Gallas, Clichy, Fabregas and maybe Van Persie are world class players imo.

I'd say Gallas is now little more than a good Premier League centre half & Clichy is still well short of being world class.

World Class is given out too easy these days.

I'd say Gallas is now little more than a good Premier League centre half & Clichy is still well short of being world class.

In their positions I'd say they were, Gallas was definitely up until about a year ago, maybe on the decline now. There's not many left back's I'd have over Clichy, Evra and Abidal and perhaps Cole. Still think there's more talent in Arsenal's team than Liverpool's.

Sicko - We're not £100m though are we?

Isn't that the purchase fee followed by an expectation to take on the overdraft and a repayable loan to Ashley?

Who knows only thing any of use has to go on is

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/06/08/newcastle-united-up-for-sale-for-100-million-72703-23814515/

Well if we were worth £100M, we've just sold Oba for about a tenth of the price of the club, so now we're only worth 91 or 92ish..... :razz:

Isn't that the purchase fee followed by an expectation to take on the overdraft and a repayable loan to Ashley?

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/06/08/newcastle-united-up-for-sale-for-100-million-72703-23814515/

Well if we were worth £100M, we've just sold Oba for about a tenth of the price of the club, so now we're only worth 91 or 92ish..... :razz:

Except he's been replaced by the income from the sale.  Of course if Oba was only valued at say £5m in the £100m the price has just gone up by about £4m  :kasper:

Except he's been replaced by the income from the sale.  Of course if Oba was only valued at say £5m in the £100m the price has just gone up by about £4m  :kasper:

That's if the income of the sale hasn't gone to pay off MA's loan ....... I wouldn't put it past him.

That's if the income of the sale hasn't gone to pay off MA's loan ....... I wouldn't put it past him.

In fact I expect it.

Man Utd - 1 billion

+

A near 80000 capacity

Huge global fanbase

Huge sponsorship deals

-

Huge debt

Arsenal - 700mil

+

Large brand new stadium

Low wages

Top manager

-

Huge debt

Salary cap

Liverpool - 500mil

+

A number of world class stars (in particular Torres and Gerrard who would instantly give you a 100mil + return)

Huge global fanbase

Large sponsorship deals

Good manager

-

Needs a new stadium

Chelsea - 350mil

+

-

Relatively small stadium

Massive wage bill

Man City - 400mil

+

A number of top players

-

Huge wage bill

unproven manager

low global appeal

NOW

Newcastle - 100mil

+

Huge fanbase

Average global appeal

Low(er) expectations

-

High wages

No proven manager

In the championship

I think in these terms we are an absolute bargain, and with what it would cost for some of the other top clubs i think a group with the foresight to do the deal would have a steal

hahaha you still put us on the same level as the other clubs you named,  im all for supporting our team and all that but you're freaking deluded.

You forgot the other teams these billionaires could also buy.   Spurs, Portsmouth, Villa, Everton, West Ham.#

all these clubs have 30,000 plus capacity stadiums and in the prem,  and these billionaires can easily have then expanded.

just because because we got a big stadium don't automatically make us a great bargain and a good deal.  get a bloody grip man.

Man Utd - 1 billion

+

A near 80000 capacity

Huge global fanbase

Huge sponsorship deals

-

Huge debt

Arsenal - 700mil

+

Large brand new stadium

Low wages

Top manager

-

Huge debt

Salary cap

Liverpool - 500mil

+

Huge global fanbase

Large sponsorship deals

Good manager

-

Needs a new stadium

Chelsea - 350mil

+

-

Relatively small stadium

Massive wage bill

Man City - 400mil

+

A number of top players

-

Huge wage bill

unproven manager

low global appeal

NOW

Newcastle - 100mil

+

Huge fanbase

Average global appeal

Low(er) expectations

-

High wages

No proven manager

In the championship

hahaha you still put us on the same level as the other clubs you named,  im all for supporting our team and all that but you're freaking deluded.

You forgot the other teams these billionaires could also buy.   Spurs, Portsmouth, Villa, Everton, West Ham.

How exactly do you think that is deluded because the way i read it Villa have a wealthy owner and relativly new at that and the only team who could possibly match us for fan base etc are Everton but they need a new ground too ,Spurs probably have a huge debt and need a new stadium too and thats costly and the others just cannot match us overall so how can you say that Sickosecondbest is deluded is beyond me  :idiot2:

Guest sicko2ndbest

Man Utd - 1 billion

+

A near 80000 capacity

Huge global fanbase

Huge sponsorship deals

-

Huge debt

Arsenal - 700mil

+

Large brand new stadium

Low wages

Top manager

-

Huge debt

Salary cap

Liverpool - 500mil

+

Huge global fanbase

Large sponsorship deals

Good manager

-

Needs a new stadium

Chelsea - 350mil

+

-

Relatively small stadium

Massive wage bill

Man City - 400mil

+

A number of top players

-

Huge wage bill

unproven manager

low global appeal

NOW

Newcastle - 100mil

+

Huge fanbase

Average global appeal

Low(er) expectations

-

High wages

No proven manager

In the championship

You forgot the other teams these billionaires could also buy.   Spurs, Portsmouth, Villa, Everton, West Ham.#

all these clubs have 30,000 plus capacity stadiums and in the prem,  and these billionaires can easily have then expanded.

just because because we got a big stadium don't automatically make us a great bargain and a good deal.   get a bloody grip man.

Oh dear!

How have i put us at the same level as the other team mentioned when i have placed a value of between 300mil - 900mil less on us than the other teams

Read the post my friend :(