RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Remember that Ashleys PR man was quoted through the Times today when he claimed Kinnear was wrong about the job offer, so I guess the Times are close to the Ash PR man.

Ashley has a PR man!!!???

Yeah, he's Brill.

In name only. He better keep his nose firmly wedged in Fat Mike's arse because he'll never get another job in PR if he gets fired.

Ashley to be advised to accept Barry Moat bid for NUFC

Aug 5 2009 By Luke Edwards

Add a commentRecommend MIKE Ashley will be advised to accept a bid from a consortium fronted by local businessman Barry Moat by the bank in charge of the sale of Newcastle United.

Moat's offer, which is understood to  include significant financial backing from American parties, is due to be named as the preferred bid by merchant bank Seymour Pierce in the next 48 hours.

It is not known whether the bid matches Ashley's £100m asking price, which may still prove to be a stumbling block to any takeover given the sports retailer's determination to hold out for that sum.

If the bid is turned down, Ashley is expected to take the club off the market, with Joe Kinnear angling after a return as manager following claims on Wednesday afternoon that he has already been offered a two-year contract.

Nevertheless, sources close to the deal last night indicated this was a significant breakthrough in the sale process and may signal the beginning of the end of a saga which has plunged the club into crisis following relegation to the Championship back in May.

Moat will look to appoint Alan Shearer as manager as soon as a deal is completed and, given the turmoil at St James's Park and the severe damage that has been done as the sale has dragged on into a fourth month, Ashley will be under enormous public pressure to accept the offer and bring an end to a dreadful chapter in the club's history.

Shearer has almost certainly been aware of Moat's interest for several weeks as the businessman was chairman of his testimonial committee and is a prominent box holder at St James's Park.

Shearer, who is on holiday in Portugal, was unavailable for comment although sources close to the former United skipper insisted he was "relaxed" about the situation.

I don't think Moat is overly wealthy, I'd presume his brother will also be involved, but that would probably be the Bruce Shepherd equivalent.

Not sure he's got the money and that the club will probably have to remain on the business model that Ashley had us on, only without the managerial chaos and DOFs and all that.

He's going to need to know what he's doing and how to make the club a success. Otherwise we have a Southampton situation where he haemorrages money and get held to ransom by a Rupert Lowe (Freddy Shepherd), sells up only for Shepherd unable to do any better.

Have you even read the story?

Is it at all strange that several significant news outlets - local and national - have picked up on one identical story? Or has Luke Edwards just been rabidly typing away at his keyboard as we speak, in light of the Times' potential breakthrough?

I don't think Moat is overly wealthy, I'd presume his brother will also be involved, but that would probably be the Bruce Shepherd equivalent.

Not sure he's got the money and that the club will probably have to remain on the business model that Ashley had us on, only without the managerial chaos and DOFs and all that.

He's going to need to know what he's doing and how to make the club a success. Otherwise we have a Southampton situation where he haemorrages money and get held to ransom by a Rupert Lowe (Freddy Shepherd), sells up only for Shepherd unable to do any better.

We don't know if there is a consortium involved yet, or the extent to which they are providing the backing.

The Ronny must be pretty trusting of the source to have put it up already.

I still think this has come directly from Harris, and might be a deliberate leak to push up the offer from another bidder.

Ashley's "business model"!?

Any credibility you had ended there.

NEWCASTLE United's determination to capture the next generation of Alan Shearers - and look after its young fans - has been given a major endorsement by the club's corporate supporters.

Leading local businessman Barry Moat is so impressed with owner Mike Ashley's blueprint for the future that he has already committed to renewing his executive box at St. James' Park for a further five years.

United will reap increased revenues from executive boxes and corporate hospitality packages sold in two and five-year packages from the 2008/09 season onwards.

And the Club will use the extra finance to further develop its Academy infrastructure and take every step to ensure the best local youngsters aren't missed, so avoiding past mistakes when talent such as Alan Shearer and Michael Carrick were missed.

The monies generated from corporate sales will help the Club expand the Family Enclosure at St. James' Park to almost treble its previous size.

The new Family Enclosure - where season ticket prices have been cut by £50 to just £300 for adults and by £30 to only £100 for children - will be situated on Level 7 of the Milburn Stand.

Those corporate fans like Mr Moat who have renewed for 2008/09 will have their names added to a new Family Enclosure 'Roll of Honour' to acknowledge the support they have given the Club.

Mr Moat said: "As a lifelong Newcastle United fan I am delighted to support the Club's new initiatives of investing in the Academy and enabling more young fans in the region to see their heroes play.

"Hopefully some of those young fans will be the heroes of tomorrow.

"It's vital for a club like Newcastle United to make sure it recruits the best young footballers at an early age and encourages them to develop their full potential.

"Knowing that I can help the Academy as well as projects like the increased Family Enclosure is a huge incentive to continue backing the Club and I hope others will feel the same."

United vice-chairman Derek Llambias added: "It's fantastic that people like Barry have shown their backing for the direction the Club is taking by signing a five-year corporate contract.

"Newcastle United is eager to develop the stars of the future in the north east and, just as importantly, keep St. James' Park open to the young fans too."

You should try trawling through his post history then.

Shearer, who is on holiday in Portugal, was unavailable for comment although sources close to the former United skipper insisted he was "relaxed" about the situation.

We could do with some of that here.....

We don't know if there is a consortium involved yet, or the extent to which they are providing the backing.

If we are to believe the story, then we know there is a consortium involved:

"Moat's offer, which is understood to  include significant financial backing from American parties, is due to be named as the preferred bid by merchant bank Seymour Pierce in the next 48 hours"

Is it at all strange that several significant news outlets - local and national - have picked up on one identical story? Or has Luke Edwards just been rabidly typing away at his keyboard as we speak, in light of the Times' potential breakthrough?

Don't forget Lovejoy's ITK info :coolsmiley:

NEWCASTLE United's determination to capture the next generation of Alan Shearers - and look after its young fans - has been given a major endorsement by the club's corporate supporters.

Leading local businessman Barry Moat is so impressed with owner Mike Ashley's blueprint for the future that he has already committed to renewing his executive box at St. James' Park for a further five years.

United will reap increased revenues from executive boxes and corporate hospitality packages sold in two and five-year packages from the 2008/09 season onwards.

And the Club will use the extra finance to further develop its Academy infrastructure and take every step to ensure the best local youngsters aren't missed, so avoiding past mistakes when talent such as Alan Shearer and Michael Carrick were missed.

The monies generated from corporate sales will help the Club expand the Family Enclosure at St. James' Park to almost treble its previous size.

The new Family Enclosure - where season ticket prices have been cut by £50 to just £300 for adults and by £30 to only £100 for children - will be situated on Level 7 of the Milburn Stand.

Those corporate fans like Mr Moat who have renewed for 2008/09 will have their names added to a new Family Enclosure 'Roll of Honour' to acknowledge the support they have given the Club.

Mr Moat said: "As a lifelong Newcastle United fan I am delighted to support the Club's new initiatives of investing in the Academy and enabling more young fans in the region to see their heroes play.

"Hopefully some of those young fans will be the heroes of tomorrow.

"It's vital for a club like Newcastle United to make sure it recruits the best young footballers at an early age and encourages them to develop their full potential.

"Knowing that I can help the Academy as well as projects like the increased Family Enclosure is a huge incentive to continue backing the Club and I hope others will feel the same."

United vice-chairman Derek Llambias added: "It's fantastic that people like Barry have shown their backing for the direction the Club is taking by signing a five-year corporate contract.

"Newcastle United is eager to develop the stars of the future in the north east and, just as importantly, keep St. James' Park open to the young fans too."

Shit, so he's thick as mince aswell then.

Fucking hell... didn't you buy the Iranian Manboob story hook, line and sinker? ... now the Chronicle and The Times have a story, supposedly leaked from SP, with a bit of logic to it... NOW is the time you choose to be sceptical.

:laugh:

Is it wrong that this news has given me a boner?

This made me lol.

"So I'd like to know where, you got the money

Said I'd like to know where, you got the money

To rock the boat, don't rock the moat baby

Rock the boat, don't tip the moat over

Rock the boat, don't rock the moat baby

Rock the moooooooooat"

:celb:

His long term business model was always buy them cheap, give them a platform then flog them off to a better team. He might be around to do that for Bassong, but didn't stick around long enough to carry out the rest of his business model as bad decisions put him in a bad situation.

Shit, so he's thick as mince aswell then.

Moat probably wants Ashley to stay as a chairman  :laugh: