RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

some shit about his gaylord

Unlike buyers involved in so many recent football club acquisitions, Barry Moat, the buyer involved in the purchase of Newcastle United, is a lifelong fan of the club.

Mr Moat, the 42-year old local millionaire who chaired Alan Shearer's testimonial organisation committee, had already signed up to an executive box for the next five seasons at St James's Park before finalising an offer for the entire club for £100 million.

He is well-known in business circles in the North East, but companies he once ran have suffered during the downturn.

Premier Direct, the shopping-at-work seller of books and novelty goods of which Moat was chief executive, went into administration last June after shares were suspended on the AIM stock market. Moat had stepped down in 2005 for family reasons after 12 years at the helm.

BNS Telecom, the telecoms company he founded in 1996, is still in operation. Moat became non-executive chairman last year and two months ago boosted his shareholding in the group, buying £500,000 worth of shares.

The last time Moat's penchant for acquiring significant holdings in the North East made headlines was a major investment in property and land in mid-2007, when he bought a 2,566-acre estate 10 miles from Newcastle from the Church Commissioners for an estimated £18 million to £20 million. The Dissington Estate includes several working farms and extensive woodland.

He was last linked with a possible takeover in the club in July 2005.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/newcastle/article6741294.ece

He is well-known in business circles in the North East, but companies he once ran have suffered during the downturn.

So a company he ran 4 years ago but no longer has anything to do with had problems and that relates to him how ?

Although the bank in charge of sale process, Seymour Pierce, are set to recommend Moat’s bid is accepted by United owner Mike Ashley, it is understood it does not match his £100m valuation.

That has led Ashley’s people to dismiss the offer and play down any chance of Moat becoming the new owner. The talks in London today are an attempt to break that deadlock.

Come on Ashley, don't be a cunt.

Although the bank in charge of sale process, Seymour Pierce, are set to recommend Moat’s bid is accepted by United owner Mike Ashley, it is understood it does not match his £100m valuation.

That has led Ashley’s people to dismiss the offer and play down any chance of Moat becoming the new owner. The talks in London today are an attempt to break that deadlock.

Come on Ashley, don't be a c***.

A bit too late, that.

Hmmm ...

I think it is very likely this is quite close to happening and Moat has offered the closest to the price MA wants.

I think MA has actually put Kinnear up to his recent silly comments along with MA claiming he would stay on, in order to push Moat into sealing the deal.

In conclusion I believe Moat will be and indeed is the new owner so rejoice and be glad!

If this Meat Loaf takes over,

Will Nufc become a PLC again?  I'm guessing he will float us for sure.  Whether thats a good thing or not, I don't know.  

Anyone care to shed some light.  

please go through, ashley has to weigh up the cost of keeping the club financially and to his reputation, the longer this goes on the more damage to his reputation it does and that could hurt him in other business ventures as who would want to do anything with him?

Will Nufc become a PLC again?  I'm guessing he will float us for sure.  Whether thats a good thing or not, I don't know.  

Would take a while before they would think of floating the club.

Would it be a good thing though? 

Guest Wally_McFool

please go through, ashley has to weigh up the cost of keeping the club financially and to his reputation, the longer this goes on the more damage to his reputation it does and that could hurt him in other business ventures as who would want to do anything with him?

The club will be worth half of its current value or less in a years time , if fat man stays. He should take the money and run.

wtf is poke?

boat that full of goats

Poke is a term for money.

In what realm?

Mordor, where the mackem trolls lurk.

"give them man flesh"

In a pastie of course, from peters bakery.

Would it be a good thing though? 

It's always good in my eyes to have different people owning the club. Like Arsenal for example. All from the same family like last time isn't good though.

Depends how he does it, best way would be to buy us for 100m, get us promoted either float then or wait 1 season.  IN the prem we are probably worth 200-250m due to our fan base and stadium.  So really if he's a ncie guy, which he seems and isn't in it for the money, he could float the club maintaining a 35% would fetch up to 160m for the 65%.  He could take back 65M meaning he has the money abck he paid for the 65% he's sold in floating and leaving the club with a nice balance of 95M.

Probably wont happen though.

Depends how he does it, best way would be to buy us for 100m, get us promoted either float then or wait 1 season.  IN the prem we are probably worth 200-250m due to our fan base and stadium.  So really if he's a ncie guy, which he seems and isn't in it for the money, he could float the club maintaining a 35% would fetch up to 160m for the 65%.  He could take back 65M meaning he has the money abck he paid for the 65% he's sold in floating and leaving the club with a nice balance of 95M.

Lets not get ahead of ourselves man.  :lol:

Lets not get ahead of ourselves man.  :lol:

Thats why I said probably won't happen, that would be the best scenario and similar to the Halls.