RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'd rather we got rid of the bad smell lingering around the place and started a fresh.

After everything I don't think I'd enjoy seeing fat twat Ashley celebrating our promotion to the Premier League at some point in the future.

He's clearly not honest, savvy, or honourable in any way whatsoever. I'd rather see the back of him completely.

Here's my prediction;

Ashely will sell a stake to Moat and they'll jointly own it, with Moat taking responsibility for the day to day running............all for a lesser fee than the £100m originally quoted.

You heard it here first. Straight from the horses knackers.

Aye, I can see that happening, not a bad guess Minhosa. Ashley said a long time back he'd be keen to bring in other investors to spread/share the risk. May well be what happens here now.

I agree, been thinking for a while that while a takeover's not going to happen, it's a highly possible scenario that Moat could buy a stake in the club and be made the public face of the club's ownership.

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

Here's my prediction;

Ashely will sell a stake to Moat and they'll jointly own it, with Moat taking responsibility for the day to day running............all for a lesser fee than the £100m originally quoted.

You heard it here first. Straight from the horses knackers.

Aye, I can see that happening, not a bad guess Minhosa. Ashley said a long time back he'd be keen to bring in other investors to spread/share the risk. May well be what happens here now.

I agree, been thinking for a while that while a takeover's not going to happen, it's a highly possible scenario that Moat could buy a stake in the club and be made the public face of the club's ownership.

Are you having a giraff? I siad this back on page 2 or something. Ashley has wanted an investor from the moment he foundout he ha no clue about football and nothing has changed. That IMO will work.

Based totally on the body language of the situation, I reckon these 2 will sort something out that moves the club forward. Not a clue what that might be but I think they'll compromise a bit until they're all happy with it and we'll get an announcement. Something good's in the pipeline, I can sense it. :)

Yeah I have to agree. I just can't imagine any other reason why Moat would be sat between Llambias and Ashley with all three looking so content.

who else thinks this is bull?

A dramatic new bid to buy out reviled Newcastle United owner Mike Ashley will be lodged before his self-imposed deadline for offers closes on Wednesday.

As fury on Tyneside at Ashley’s running of the crisis-ridden Championship club reaches boiling point, Sunday Mirror Sport can reveal that the final preparations are being made on a fresh takeover offer from overseas investors that will be tabled directly to the sports retailing magnate.

Barry Moat, the local millionaire businessman, remains in pole position to buy the club – provided he can complete the critical final part of his funding policy.

Moat sat alongside Ashley in the United directors’ box for yesterday’s Championship clash with Reading.

But he is not over the takeover finishing line yet.

The last-gasp intervention from a party not previously involved in either the bidding or due diligence will be made inside the next 72 hours to Ashley and his closest advisers – rather than investment bankers Seymour Pierce, who have been handling the sale.

Sunday Mirror Sport is aware of the legal arrangements the bidder has made to satisfy proof of funding and their representatives are hoping face-to-face talks with Ashley will help produce a breakthrough in a takeover saga that has now spanned more than 10 months.

A source close to the bidders says that, while the prospective investors feel they can do business with Ashley, they are determined to remain anonymous after the embarrassment and disappointment caused by previous public utterances from the Singapore Profitable Group and a group of Irish-based investors.

The source said: “There have been so many D-days and so many false dawns that they have done their best to keep this late move under wraps.

“This offer has been properly planned and has cost a lot to put together.

“It will be a credible offer and if Mike Ashley is serious about selling the club he will seriously consider it.

“Ashley has said he will take the club off the market if his latest deadline isn’t met, but this offer should give him something to think about.

“Something will happen in the next couple of days.

“It is being made directly to Ashley and his advisers and that is all that can be said about it at the moment.”

The bid has no connection with Moat or his close associate Allan Rankin.

Ashley had extended his sale deadline from last Friday to Wednesday to allow Moat one last chance to raise the cash.

However, it is difficult to see Ashley trying to soldier on for another year on Tyneside with the fans’ anger towards him so virulent.

After insisting that appointing Alan Shearer as caretaker in April was his “best decision” and then snubbing the Geordie legend all summer, there is no way Ashley will be forgiven by the Toon Army.

And selling Shearer’s “untouchables” such as Sebastien Bassong and Habib Beye, losing Michael Owen to Manchester United and suggestions that David O’Leary or Joe Kinnear could be his next boss have only heightened the fans’ mistrust of him.

Ashley needs an escape route and the new bidders are hoping they can provide it.

Mirror saying this

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/New-party-set-to-rival-Barry-Moat-and-launch-takeover-bid-for-Newcastle-United-article116739.html

If its true, tell them to f*** off.

The last thing we need is the sale dragging out even longer.

If Moat is close to completing his deal, sell to him.

to me it smells like bull but heres the fact moat is struggling to raise the funds and if this is true (very big if there) its at least another way to get ashley out

Guest pont-toon

If it's true, I want to know why the bid wasn't lodged sooner.

This smells of Shepherd to me.

aha - the old fake bid trick

never fails

Smells more like Ashley fake bidder shenanigans.

If its true, tell them to fuck off.

The last thing we need is the sale dragging out even longer.

If Moat is close to completing his deal, sell to him.

If it's true and they can close the deal then fair play I say. As long as it's not Ashley having second thoughts after a good start to the season.

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

I think Ashley will stillbe involved in our club for some years to come as an investor, he's ploughed too much money in to just walk away and given that we are winning a game I think he and Moat will be co owners.

We've got the wage bill under £30m by my best estimate, and these players, with a couple of loans, freebies and cheap deals to reinforce the squad will win the Championship. Then the owner will have a Premier League club that wont need a new stadium to be built, and will collect the third highest matchday revenue in that league, and with all that has come to pass, the owner would have a completely blank slate with regards to what he can do.

Even though we are in a division below, you can do more with us in 10 years than you could ever do with Everton, West Ham, Aston Villa, Blackburn, Wigan, Sunderland, even Man City if you were rich enough.

We should be the best value for money purchase ever made in football if someone had money, ambition, and foresight.