RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'd like to know where the money from the player sales has gone, if not to reduce the overdraft? And if the cash is yet due in, then why sell them on the bloody never-never?

I'd be interested to know as well as I've always understood that an overdraft is probably the most expensive type of loan/finance, so surely any sales revenue into the club would be put directly into clearing the overdraft.

Guest ItalianMagpie

I think no one buys players by paying the whole amount immediately. But the estimated future income is always counted in the balance, and so it is in the overdraft.

I think no one buys players by paying the whole amount immediately. But the estimated future income is always counted in the balance, and so it is in the overdraft.

We do. The cash for Nolan and Ryan Taylor was paid in full and up front.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I'd like to know where the money from the player sales has gone, if not to reduce the overdraft? And if the cash is yet due in, then why sell them on the bloody never-never?

To buy players with this summer. :snod:

Okay, I'm just being silly now.

Here's hoping!

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

As expected he has pocketed the cash raised from player sales  :no:  lets just have closure to this period finally.

No he hasn't man. We just haven't been paid in cash. We sold Milner on a buy now pay in 12 months time deal and did the same with Shay Given.

Well if this article is to be believed it states that the overdraft hasn't been reduced by the sales of players so he's either reduced that from his asking price or just pocketed it.

Can you not read?? We've sold players but not for cash so he therefore hasn't pocketed anything from the sales yet.

OK over reacting person I clearly can read given that I am replying to your post! what I can't read is the part that you are claiming and therefore have no grounds to state it...... :facepalm:

Guest ItalianMagpie

We do. The cash for Nolan and Ryan Taylor was paid in full and up front.

Mmh...well, ok, but we're not an ordinary club, are we? :snod:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I'm sure its SSN that start all these rumors to get their viewer figures up from us sad twats who sit and wait for 'BREAKING NEWS WTF OMG!!' alerts.

Guest ItalianMagpie

This is not going to happen.

Ashley will reject the last offer and keep the club. Let's rather get ready to face it :facepalm:

Guest neesy111

again, lazy journalism, 60 million wage bill my arse

owen 6 million

viduka 3.5 million

cacapa 2 million

martins 3.5 million

beye 2 million

bassong 0.5 million

a reduction of 17.5 million, which mean's it's around the 45 million mark now, and if duff leaves another 3.5 million is off the wage bill

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Ashley will reject the last offer and keep the club. Let's rather get ready to face it :facepalm:

Two hours. Wow, you're patient.

Anah, Ashley will be only just finishing his second breakfast now, man. Give the fat bastard a chance to have his bacon butty before work!

You got a busy day today mate? :shifty:

Yes. :shifty:

again, lazy journalism, 60 million wage bill my arse

owen 6 million

viduka 3.5 million

cacapa 2 million

martins 3.5 million

beye 2 million

bassong 0.5 million

a reduction of 17.5 million, which mean's it's around the 45 million mark now, and if duff leaves another 3.5 million is off the wage bill

Lazy reading more like it:

With a wage bill of more than £60 million <b>last season</b>

Guest ItalianMagpie

How can you be patient after more than 2 months of nothing? :harry:

Anyways it's not that I was expecting the deal to be completed in a couple of hours this morning, I just think it's never going to happen. Or rather, something will happen within this week, but it'll be Ashley stating his new "commitment"...