RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I don't hope you're serious thewellander, what difference would it make than deja vu once again if MA moves us back up to the EPL?

I actually hope for the Fans 410 Consortium, NUFC ran the way Barca runs the club would be awesome. And then you could all get some power :)

I meant that assuming that he would still be owner. I would prefer that he sell the club, of course, but I'm desperate to have us back in the EPL.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Tyneside hopes

Newcastle United 1 Sheffield Wednesday 0

George Caulkin Times

Newcastle United is a club on the cusp of possibility. Barry Moat, for the second game in succession, was in the directors’ box at St James’ Park last night. Alan Shearer was present, Mike Ashley was not and a victorious team was hailed by a raucous and ridiculously deserving crowd. The sense of what could be was palpable.

And, yet, at present, they are also teetering on a precipice. Moat’s discussions with Barclays Bank about financing his prospective takeover of Newcastle are still to bring resolution, Shearer, his choice of manager, was merely a passionate spectator and Ashley’s absence was not significant. So near and all that.

Guest sicko2ndbest

I'm calling it.  This is done.  No way would Shearer be there otherwise.

er maybe he just wanted to watch the match

he s always there

I'm calling it.  This is done.  No way would Shearer be there otherwise.

er maybe he just wanted to watch the match

I really don't see it.  Not with all the speculation and the questions.  And with Moat there too and Ashley conspicuously absent. 

And I was at the game so I'm the new tea lady. Fact.  :sadnod:

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

IMO the club was sold in principle to Moat on friday subject to agreement with Barclays. I think there are now just a few loose ends to tie :snod: up.