RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

reporter on 5 live said he understands mie ashley will be taking the club off the market on monday.

and yet reporters on every other station dont know what will happen.

The same as the papers.

Hmm.

No one has a fucking clue, cant be fucking arsed to speculate, bollocks to the fucking whole fucking lot.  I'm concentrating on the win today and that will tide me over til the cup game mid week.

Fuck Mike Ashley.  Fuck Derek Llambias.  Fuck speculation and fuck the press.

Nice arse. :drool: (in your avatar, I mean)

Guest Geordiekev

reporter on 5 live said he understands mie ashley will be taking the club off the market on monday.

...because he's sold a majority stake in the club to Moat?

...because he's decided not to sell it at all?

Could be anything.

....because he is full of shit and snatching at straws like everyone else.

Guest The Libertine

as its (assumed to be) 50/50 on the decision dont be surprised to see various papers picking a side and hoping to be right.

only time will tell.

Something better happen on Monday.

I'm sick of hearing that Alan Shearer being on MOTD is significant, the length of Taylor's clapping significant, Hughton talking in past tense and Ameobi bear hugs.

f***ing hell man, we're not body language experts :lol:

Everybody knows fuck all.

FYP

But whatever we do, let's not stop believing each and every negative rumour, no matter what previous experience should be telling us. O0

When was the last time a positive rumour was right? :lol:

FYP

But whatever we do, let's not stop believing each and every negative rumour, no matter what previous experience should be telling us. O0

Well I heard a rumour that you positively are a right twat...

...so that's one at least. O0

FYP

I never mentioned positive rumours though, did I. :p

Why does he have to take it off the market?  I just dont understand his thinking at all.  If he wants to sell then leave it on and just run the club like it should be run as if it wasn't for sale.  It can still be marketed though.  I hate the man for what his is doing to us.

Why does he have to take it off the market?   I just dont understand his thinking at all.  If he wants to sell then leave it on and just run the club like it should be run as if it wasn't for sale.  It can still be marketed though.  I hate the man for what his is doing to us.

I don't think it actually means take it off the market but just start actively running the club again i.e. buying crap players and hiring out of touch managers.

Guest Wally_McFool

There will be a week left in the transfer market. The sale either needs to go through or Ashley takes it off the market.

Whichever it is this will allow us to get faces out and 1 or 2 new faces in.

You mean 6 or 7 new faces in dont yer?

There will be a week left in the transfer market. The sale either needs to go through or Ashley takes it off the market.

Whichever it is this will allow us to get faces out and 1 or 2 new faces in.

You mean 6 or 7 new faces in dont yer?

Exactly. I reckon Lovenkrands will sign, irrespective of who comes in. I still think Sol Campbell would rather play for us as well. I'd love us to go for Beckford, he'd be relatively cheap, and even if we doubled what he'll be on at Leeds it will be a modest Championship Salary. Add 3 or 4 Loans from the Premier League to that and I think there's the makings of a good squad there. We've played some pretty average teams and beat them without playing particularly well. The biggest test we'll come up against early doors will be the game after the international break, away to Cardiff. We'll have pretty much a 2 week break to work with any incoming players, so that will help.

Going out the door, I'd offer to buy Geremi's contract off him for 50% of it's value which would make him a free agent, and therefore he'd be able to attract a move elsewhere as his wage demands would be less. That saves about £2M straight away. I find it difficult to believe that the wage bill is anywhere near the £48M bandied about too. Colo and Jonas are supposed to be on ridiculous money, I'm sure I remember reading the complete opposite when they signed. I'm pretty sure they are on nearer £40k per week. Similarly Enrique will be on a similar amount. The only players that will probably now be earning in excess of £50k per week will be Butt, Smith, Geremi and Barton.

If Shearer takes over, I'd expect Barton to leave anyway, even if it's just on loan. Pay Geremi off, and take the hit on Smith and Butt as they will be useful in this division. If you take in to account staff that have been paid off too, I reckon the current wage bill will be nearer £40M, still high but far more sustainable if only for a year.

I'd still expect Colo and Jonas to be off before the end of the transfer window, and if we can sign Loven and Campbell, we won't be any weaker for this league. Whoever else comes in adds a bit depth, and we've just got to hope that this will put us in a good position coming up to January. If we're riding high in January and we've got anyone but Ashley in charge, I'd like to think we'll add some real Premiership Quality younger players to the team, in order to make sure promotion is more certain.

Well I can dream!!!

I'd probably take Barton over Shearer at the minute, unless Shearer realises how much better Guthrie is than Butt & Nolan, making him an instant starter.

Butt and Nolan would probably be Shearers CM pairing and that's enough to tear my eyes out.

Why does he have to take it off the market?   I just dont understand his thinking at all.  If he wants to sell then leave it on and just run the club like it should be run as if it wasn't for sale.  It can still be marketed though.  I hate the man for what his is doing to us.

I don't think it actually means take it off the market but just start actively running the club again i.e. buying crap players and hiring out of touch managers.

But why come out and say anything then?  I don't see why he can;t do both a the same time, market the club and appoint shite managers. 

Ashley and Moat going 50/50, Shearer will get the job as Moat will be more involved in running the club and Ashley will be very hands off.

Not an ITK just a thought.

Aye, thought this for a while. Seems to make sense, get promotion and Ashley could sell his shares for more.