RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If everything is agreed in principle, is it not possible to get a manager and some players in on good faith.  Three days is plenty of time.

I'm not using the right words there, I know, but I hope the idea is clear.  Like didn't Man City start buying the entire world before all the paperwork was pushed through?  Just wondering if we could do the same.

edit: Freely admit I could be misremembering the city situation horribly.

Seriously though, if there's any truth in this I imagine they'll realise that there are mere days of the transfer window left, so if at all possible they'll want to have it done sooner rather than later.

At least this s*** is coming to an end soon.

I'm not sure it is coming to an end. It seems just as likely that the deal has been left too late to push through in time to make an impact on the transfer window which will mean this could just as easily drag on afterwards, or just fall through altogether.

I fear you could be right.

Eh? I meant once the window closes we're stuck with what we've got etc.

As long as no-one leaves that's not the end of the world. We can still get a few loan signings after that point to tide us over until January anyway can't we?

Not to mention a fair amount of frees still kicking about.

Redheugh gives the impression the Americans are about ready to sign on the dotted line.

Reports say they have been in contact for a couple of weeks. Has it been confirmed/denied that they have completed due dilligance yet?

Guest neesy111

Redheugh gives the impression the Americans are about ready to sign on the dotted line.

Reports say they have been in contact for a couple of weeks. Has it been confirmed/denied that they have completed due dilligance yet?

the american's must be putting pressure on ashley to make a decision, as they won't be as stupid as him for the need of getting players

Guest Geordiekev

Do they need to carry out the full process of due dilligence if they are not reliant on bank funding etc, they may agree the sale and tell Ashley if he is trying to rip them off then he can kiss goodbye to his knee caps lol, Ashley didn't do any of this did he (due dilligence) when he purchased the club hence the shit he found regarding the debt.

Guest The Libertine

most of ashleys dealings seem to happen almost out of nowhere so the americans are probably/hopefully nearer than we think.

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

Aparently the've been in talks for a few weeks and the DD is done. I guess they are just Ironing things.

Guest neesy111

Aparently the've been in talks for a few weeks and the DD is done. I guess they are just Ironing things.

i hope that's true

No faith in the fat cunt whatsoever. He's let us down so many times in staggering proportions that I'm still waiting for him to take the club off the market.

Quite the opposite of the deluded lot the media portray us as, supporting the toon makes you incredibly pessemistic.  Even if we get taken over by rich yanks I'd be wary of celebrating because of the sneaking feeling it'd come back and hit me in the face, like when Ashley took over, like when we signed Owen, like when we were 12 points clearat the top of the league.  When Newcastle score with Lady Luck you just know she's going to whip out a cock.

No faith in the fat c*** whatsoever. He's let us down so many times in staggering proportions that I'm still waiting for him to take the club off the market.

Quite the opposite of the deluded lot the media portray us as, supporting the toon makes you incredibly pessemistic.  Even if we get taken over by rich yanks I'd be wary of celebrating because of the sneaking feeling it'd come back and hit me in the face, like when Ashley took over, like when we signed Owen, like when we were 12 points clearat the top of the league.  When Newcastle score with Lady Luck you just know she's going to whip out a cock.

:lol:...... but so true  :sadnod: