RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

One of those articles also said that one of those brothers had lost an estimated £500 million due to the credit crunch and could ultimately lose more.

Surely he's not gona buy a football club under those circumstances?

It is what they do. They buy a pub chain for £4.6bn then sell it on for a profit. Sometimes they'll make losses, they take risks, but the wins have outweighed the losses in their careers it would seem. NUFC are at a low ebb at the moment, and they may feel confident they can get us back up then sell us on. Vincent Tchenguiz is apparently very publicity hungry, so this might be an appealing risk for him.

Dare I say that looks like a mouth-watering prospect, real business folk with real business savvy. Not  some cheap-discount sportswear fake tycoon.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

SHOW ME THE MONEY! Fuck sake, sell the damn club already.

Ashley's bedtime now man, nee way his Mam will let him play out this late when those nasty Geordie Boys are out kicking their football around.

Just been told by my neighbour and good friend that his brother is very close friends with Barry Moat.

He told me that the bid is serious and that it has been discussed for quite some time.  Ashley is aware of it, and would like to give it his blessing.

My neighbour also said that he thinks that he has some sort of backing from people in Qatar.

Now before people start calling me also sorts of names, I am just telling you what I have been told. My neighbour is a good lad with a few sporting connections (through his business) and is not lying.  Whether it comes to fruition of not, is of course another thing...

You're not exactly telling us anything earth shattering though, so I doubt anyone will start calling you names. If you want to come on here with ITK bollocks, at least have the decency to make it bloody interesting :)

Just been told by my neighbour and good friend that his brother is very close friends with Barry Moat.

He told me that the bid is serious and that it has been discussed for quite some time.  Ashley is aware of it, and would like to give it his blessing.

My neighbour also said that he thinks that he has some sort of backing from people in Qatar.

Now before people start calling me also sorts of names, I am just telling you what I have been told. My neighbour is a good lad with a few sporting connections (through his business) and is not lying.  Whether it comes to fruition of not, is of course another thing...

You're not exactly telling us anything earth shattering though, so I doubt anyone will start calling you names. If you want to come on here with ITK bollocks, at least have the decency to make it bloody interesting :)

bluelaugh.gif

am i right in thinking that this so called £40 million pound overdraft has almost been halved with departures of Martins, Bassong, and Beye? Plus between 4 and 6 million off the age bill depending on which journalists figures you believe?

I doubt it. We won't get this money up front you know. It'll be paid in installments and part of it will be performance related.

Guest thefishman

Who is this Thomo character, have any of his claims come to pass?

I think Thomo is really Derek Llambias   ;D     :cheesy:

More like

http://www.newcastle.gov.uk/wwwimageroot/ns/cityhall/events/derekacorah.jpg

I still believe Ashley's staying put.

He's going to knock any deal away that has fallen short and this is why the fire sale of players has begun.

He'll employ a shitpot manager and give him a 10 mil budget to get in 5-6 players.

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

Like I say Moat is looking at offering 80-90m but he has fallen a bit short of the 100m therefore they are selling to makeup the extra and reduce the wage bill.

Done by tomorrow I reckon. O0

Like I say Moat is looking at offering 80-90m but he has fallen a bit short of the 100m therefore they are selling to makeup the extra and reduce the wage bill.

No chance. There could possibly be an agreement in principle but that's about it. Surely you don't do a deal on this scale in a day.

Blæææææææææææææææææææææææææææhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarhj! I'm a about to sue Ashley...

Imagine this:

"Ashley sued due to boredom"

Norwegian claimes his life is destroyed trough boredom due newcastle relegation, lack of sale and manager at the club.

if/when we get promoted, the club will be worth more than 100 million back in the premiership

£100m isn't the real cost though is it? When you factor in the overdraft and Ashley's loan the real price is going to be quite a lot more.

Caulkin:

If a locally fronted consortium assumes control, at least there will be an injection of knowledge and affection back into the club — if not riches — but fans would be wise to steel themselves for a less pleasant outcome, that Mike Ashley retains control of the club.

Guest Dennis Carter

No chance. There could possibly be an agreement in principle but that's about it. Surely you don't do a deal on this scale in a day.

This is Mike Ashley and Del Boy though. Everything would be done out of a suitcase on Gosforth highstreet

Caulkin:

If a locally fronted consortium assumes control, at least there will be an injection of knowledge and affection back into the club if not riches but fans would be wise to steel themselves for a less pleasant outcome, that Mike Ashley retains control of the club.

I think Asley should probably steel himself for a less pleasant outcome as well if he doesn't sell. If he was getting death threats in the mail after Keegan left I don't think he'll be getting sent flowers this time round.

I would assume talks have been going on for weeks. I doubt it will happen tomorrow, but you never know. If this is all true, it really does seem to be in the final stages. It would be great if we could get something done and a manager appointed before the home double header.