RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So...f*** all happening today then?

might take the kids out for their dinner somewhere.

I expect to take my family out for dinner some time in the next two weeks.  Got at least two firm bookings and I'm just waiting for proof of funds to come through.

;D

I put the funds into the holding account last week but I'm having a problem because you spent all your overdraft and Barclays want to lower it. Do you have anything you can sell before this transaction can go through?

If i was barclays i woud insist one of his children are sold to reduce the over draft and the cost of the meal

He can always get a replacement child on loan tbh.

Yes, or bring one of his sperm up through the ranks.

I don't claim to be ITK but I my brothers girlfriends next door neighbours milkman has heard that the preferred restaurant is Taybarns

I expect to take my family out for dinner some time in the next two weeks.  Got at least two firm bookings and I'm just waiting for proof of funds to come through.

;D

I put the funds into the holding account last week but I'm having a problem because you spent all your overdraft and Barclays want to lower it. Do you have anything you can sell before this transaction can go through?

If i was barclays i woud insist one of his children are sold to reduce the over draft and the cost of the meal

:laugh:

Guest sombrero

;D

I don't claim to be ITK but I my brothers girlfriends next door neighbours milkman has heard that the preferred restaurant is Taybarns

:mackems: :spit:

Guest sicko2ndbest

Latest offerings on the saga from Sky (John Holliday)

Mike Ashley is a man on a mission. He wants to sell Newcastle United. He wants £100m. But he has, as yet, been unable to find a buyer. Is it becoming mission impossible?

I think not. There are THREE parties speaking to the owner of Newcastle - not two as reported by many media organisations.

Let's start with north east businessman Barry Moat. Ashley, I'm told, quite likes Moat. He's a local lad done well and a chap he's very happy to have a beer with. But Moat is struggling with one vital aspect of any deal. He's struggling to come up with the money. Will he? A source, close to the negotiations, tells me it's doubtful.

Then there's Geoff Sheard. He claims he's leading a bid by an unnamed American company to buy Newcastle. Sheard is a bit of a red herring. He's the man who once tried to buy Sheffield Wednesday. He also once ran the club shop at Preston North End in the 90s. Has he got £100m under his mattress? Nope. What Sheard wants is "exclusivity" - an agreement with Ashley whereby he can approach rich businessmen and try to sell the dream to them. He's a long shot.

The THIRD party involved in talks is an unnamed consortium from Ireland, who've got former Newcastle chairman Freddie Shepherd involved. They certainly have the cash and are major players. I'm told they will show Ashley they have proof of funds by close of play today.

So why is it taking so long? And will Ashley sell?

Ashley bought Newcastle for £130m two years ago. He wants some of that money back. He wants £50m upfront, with a further £50m deferred for a couple of years.

The club is forecast to lose £57m this year. It has an overdraft of £39m with Barclays, which the bank hopes to reduce to £10m - a par figure for a Championship club. And Monday is the day when Barclays want to do it - so the rush is now on.

So who will get it?

My bet is with the Irish. If not them, Moat. Even if he can't find the £50m upfront figure, I'm told Ashley could yet sell it to Moat by loaning him the money.

Mike Ashley is a man on a mission. He wants to sell Newcastle United. He wants £100m. But he has, as yet, been unable to find a buyer. Is it becoming mission impossible?

I think not. There are THREE parties speaking to the owner of Newcastle - not two as reported by many media organisations.

Let's start with north east businessman Barry Moat. Ashley, I'm told, quite likes Moat. He's a local lad done well and a chap he's very happy to have a beer with. But Moat is struggling with one vital aspect of any deal. He's struggling to come up with the money. Will he? A source, close to the negotiations, tells me it's doubtful.

Then there's Geoff Sheard. He claims he's leading a bid by an unnamed American company to buy Newcastle. Sheard is a bit of a red herring. He's the man who once tried to buy Sheffield Wednesday. He also once ran the club shop at Preston North End in the 90s. Has he got £100m under his mattress? Nope. What Sheard wants is "exclusivity" - an agreement with Ashley whereby he can approach rich businessmen and try to sell the dream to them. He's a long shot.

The THIRD party involved in talks is an unnamed consortium from Ireland, who've got former Newcastle chairman Freddie Shepherd involved. They certainly have the cash and are major players. I'm told they will show Ashley they have proof of funds by close of play today.

Ashley bought Newcastle for £130m two years ago. He wants some of that money back. He wants £50m upfront, with a further £50m deferred for a couple of years.

The club is forecast to lose £57m this year. It has an overdraft of £39m with Barclays, which the bank hopes to reduce to £10m - a par figure for a Championship club. And Monday is the day when Barclays want to do it - so the rush is now on.

So who will get it?

My bet is with the Irish. If not them, Moat. Even if he can't find the £50m upfront figure, I'm told Ashley could yet sell it to Moat by loaning him the money.

Sounds like speculative bullshit to me.

So who will get it?

Is the bit in bold not what SP are doing at the moment?

Guest sicko2ndbest

He is out of the race

hi Lee

So who will be the new owner and will it be before the transfer  deadline?

I dont think being sarcastic is the way forward

Whoever Redheugh is, he is obviously far more ITK than anyone else we have had on this board. So instead of trying to piss him off i think we should be grateful for whatever snippets he can give us regardless of agenda

Remember this is a message board, not an 'on the record' fact based site.

Guest Roger Kint

I'm not trying to piss him off. Just joking around. Thought it was Lee Redheugh is all.

I am grateful for the information, whoever he is.

Yeah you did :snod:

Dear Redheugh.

Hiya Lee (Ryder)  :whistle:

I thought the same thing.

Guest sicko2ndbest

btw Redheugh

You have completely dismissed Moat and Shepherd now so you must be very sure that this Sheard bid will go through.

On a scale of 1-10, 10 being positive it will go through, how confident are you?