RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

“It wasn’t too long ago that Newcastle were above Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool in the table during the Sir Bobby Robson era, and there is no reason why that potential can’t be lived up to again.”

must have missed that

How does redheugh know when these stories are going to be broken by the Chronicle if he just works for a legal firm?

I'd guess he just knows someone in the press and is pretending to be more ITK than he actually is.

I can't verify this, but apparently he'd been talking about it on Toontastic long before he came on here and the press started talking about it. So he seems like he knows his stuff.

“It wasn’t too long ago that Newcastle were above Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool in the table during the Sir Bobby Robson era, and there is no reason why that potential can’t be lived up to again.”

must have missed that

Not at the end of the season, but there were times when we were top of the league halfway through the season, or that if we won our last 12 games we'd have won the title. Is a fair comment.

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

must have missed that

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/1711251.stm  :snod:

This is the worst link i've come across in years, it makes me feel sick.

Craig just been on SSN

I caught the end

what was said?

Something about the Nigerian consortium being back in the running with Rashidi Yekini as powerful shooting coach, Jay Jay Okocha as executive director of dribbling and Taribo West as manager of defence.

Guest thefishman

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/46271000/jpg/_46271983_alfahim_226jpg.jpg

Even with all the s*** that we're in, I can't say I'm gutted that this fellah hasn't taken over NUFC.

Him tbh

http://www.technofinger.com/kwprl/omid_djalli.JPG

Don't the loaded Yanks have footballing knowledge as well?  Like Kezman said earlier in this thread, we need someone who's going to be ruthless rather than have this supporter attitude.  Might be better to have people running the club that are more interested in making us a footballing outfit rather than being fans - sentiment can get in the way of business rather easily, especially in football.

Don't the loaded Yanks have footballing knowledge as well?  Like Kezman said earlier in this thread, we need someone who's going to be ruthless rather than have this supporter attitude.  Might be better to have people running the club that are more interested in making us a footballing outfit rather than being fans - sentiment can get in the way of business rather easily, especially in football.

the thing is, the last thing we need is another armchair football fan from the UK.

Poll added.

Money or knowledge?

Who has the knowledge?

Well it's more the knowledge of the club and stuff, which Moat has as a supporter.

It's alright saying we want someone cold who can make tough business decisions but isn't that what Ashley has done? The cost-cutting, the backing of his system over Keegan, the hands-off running from London thing? I seem to remember lots of complaints about his ideas.

I want the best possible owners, don't get me wrong, and there's no guarantee that Moat is any better than the Yanks. What he does have though is knowledge of the club, the area and (presumably) what is needed.