RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I think this is great news though not something most people didn’t know already as he’s always wanted to sell the club, his moving forward after the Liverpool match showed everyone how committed he really was to the club! I can't believe the negativity surrounding this news, for all those people banging on about stability, well stability is only a good thing if the right people are in charge and Ashley just hasn't got a clue. Ashley has wanted to sell the club since day one so we would never have stability under him. I’m not sure why people blame the demonstrators/relegation/possibility of Shearer not staying for Ashley wanting to sell up. He wanted to sell well before any of that happened. From day one we had rumours he wanted to sell, then he admitted to looking for “partners” like the QPR model, after this he wanted to sell for “security reasons” after the demonstrations and now finally he simply wants to sell!

I also think that new owners will come on board fairly quickly if he sells at a realistic price but if it takes time fair enough. I wouldn't really be too bothered if any of the players left in the interim period because none of them are top notch and I don't get taken in by all this having to prepare for next season. The Championship is not a good league and any half decent team would be able to stroll it. That's not arrogance but fact as this is the league where Kevin Philips scores for fun and Jonathan Greening is always rated as one of the best midfielders! If we had new owners in place by August and they backed the manager I would have no doubts that we'd get promotion. The planning and preparation would only be needed if we were skint and no new owner was on the horizon but I think we’ll find a buyer  and no new owner would buy the club without having money set aside for transfers to get us promoted.

One other thing, being in the Premier League is not the be all and end all when buying a club. We are a club who has just been relegated with the third highest attendance in the country, at a knocked down price of £100 million we would represent fantastic value for money as the potential for growth is fantastic, together with the fanbase and facilities that we have. Even in the Championship we are a much more attractive investment than the vast majority of clubs in the Premier League. There will be times next year when we will have the highest gate in the country including the Premier League!

One last thing for all those people who say the demonstrations at Hull may have put buyers off well I reckon it’s those same demonstrators and fans that make this such an attractive club to buy. Having the third largest attendance when getting relegated together with not winning anything since 1969 is what makes this club so special and having such a loyal fanbase is why I don’t think it will be hard to find a buyer!

Saving us from the doom and gloom. The glass is half full and all that.

Great post btw.

Keep the faith, united. :)

I think this is great news though not something most people didn’t know already as he’s always wanted to sell the club, his moving forward after the Liverpool match showed everyone how committed he really was to the club! I can't believe the negativity surrounding this news, for all those people banging on about stability, well stability is only a good thing if the right people are in charge and Ashley just hasn't got a clue. Ashley has wanted to sell the club since day one so we would never have stability under him. I’m not sure why people blame the demonstrators/relegation/possibility of Shearer not staying for Ashley wanting to sell up. He wanted to sell well before any of that happened. From day one we had rumours he wanted to sell, then he admitted to looking for “partners” like the QPR model, after this he wanted to sell for “security reasons” after the demonstrations and now finally he simply wants to sell!

I also think that new owners will come on board fairly quickly if he sells at a realistic price but if it takes time fair enough. I wouldn't really be too bothered if any of the players left in the interim period because none of them are top notch and I don't get taken in by all this having to prepare for next season. The Championship is not a good league and any half decent team would be able to stroll it. That's not arrogance but fact as this is the league where Kevin Philips scores for fun and Jonathan Greening is always rated as one of the best midfielders! If we had new owners in place by August and they backed the manager I would have no doubts that we'd get promotion. The planning and preparation would only be needed if we were skint and no new owner was on the horizon but I think we’ll find a buyer  and no new owner would buy the club without having money set aside for transfers to get us promoted.

One other thing, being in the Premier League is not the be all and end all when buying a club. We are a club who has just been relegated with the third highest attendance in the country, at a knocked down price of £100 million we would represent fantastic value for money as the potential for growth is fantastic, together with the fanbase and facilities that we have. Even in the Championship we are a much more attractive investment than the vast majority of clubs in the Premier League. There will be times next year when we will have the highest gate in the country including the Premier League!

One last thing for all those people who say the demonstrations at Hull may have put buyers off well I reckon it’s those same demonstrators and fans that make this such an attractive club to buy. Having the third largest attendance when getting relegated together with not winning anything since 1969 is what makes this club so special and having such a loyal fanbase is why I don’t think it will be hard to find a buyer!

Hope you're right. :thup:

Guest shaun11177

Did Shearer know-whats the point of negotiating with someone who wants to sell.Shearer might be Manager for 8 weeks max then the new buyer wants someone else.

In the meantime someone has to make decisions regarding selling players-presumably Ashley-and at the correct value-Ashley?

Buying players?

Pre-season games and training?

BET THE NEW OWNERS WILL JUST GET IN AS THE TRANSFER WINDOW CLOSES.

If Ashley is sure he's selling then he can't appoint Shearer. The last time an owner appointed a gaffer weeks before selling (alright, at the time he wasn't aware that he was selling) it was arguably the start of the train wreck that lead to us getting relegated.

The painful truth is Ashley cannot sell the club because of his silly quoting price.  Still remember the 400m he'd asked for last year?

He is too stubborn to understand that the later he sold the club the less he can get back, while he's stilling drilling at something like "I will not accept any loss more than 15-20m."

Of course it would be good news that he finally make such declaration, but from his past record we all know that he is just too stubborn.

Actually if he's wise enough he would inject more money in January to prevent us from relegation which will be a devastating blow to the club's value.

And instead what we have was a January with balancing figures and shitty players.

"I want to sell it as soon as I can, but I don't want to make a loss" is what the true statement is.

Skunkers person:

to be honest i'm not sure if i "know" much more than i did 2 hours ago i've had a load more info thrown my way about who may or may not be behind bids and counterbids - definately 2 consortia vying for power and i am led to believe shearer's hat is in the ring with one of them so to speak

ffs consotium has already bid £90mil according to one source and i have been told they were working on scaring other bids off from within the city

the financial situation is as it was - ashley paid 134 for the club, has guaranteed personally 100mil of the debt but there are bank lendings still in place which i was led to believe were closer to 70 mil though what they were on and whether that was the right figure i don't know - notw say 40 mil but hey whats 30 mil between friends!

have also been given some curious quotes attributed to llambias that he "feels for ashley and couldn;t give a fuck about the fans" and they "won't be back next season" and were" never given a chance" and thet we'd have been alright if "kinnear hadn;t thrown his wobbler"

Guest Wally_McFool

So how far are we knocked back by this? Its safe to assume Ashley wont bring in a new manager before he sells, so have we lost the month of June to make transfers?

Transfer window doesn't officially open until July.

Skunkers person:

to be honest i'm not sure if i "know" much more than i did 2 hours ago i've had a load more info thrown my way about who may or may not be behind bids and counterbids - definately 2 consortia vying for power and i am led to believe shearer's hat is in the ring with one of them so to speak

ffs consotium has already bid £90mil according to one source and i have been told they were working on scaring other bids off from within the city

the financial situation is as it was - ashley paid 134 for the club, has guaranteed personally 100mil of the debt but there are bank lendings still in place which i was led to believe were closer to 70 mil though what they were on and whether that was the right figure i don't know - notw say 40 mil but hey whats 30 mil between friends!

have also been given some curious quotes attributed to llambias that he "feels for ashley and couldn;t give a f*** about the fans" and they "won't be back next season" and were" never given a chance" and thet we'd have been alright if "kinnear hadn;t thrown his wobbler"

The more I hear about Llambias, the lovelier he seems to get. A real person's person isn't he :lol:

So how far are we knocked back by this? Its safe to assume Ashley wont bring in a new manager before he sells, so have we lost the month of June to make transfers?

Transfer window doesn't officially open until July.

I know but clubs still agree deals in June. We really need to be one of those clubs, but it doesnt look likely now :(

I'm not sure whether anyone else agrees, but one positive for me regarding this is that the ownership of and responsibility for the club may fall back into hands of someone from or with links to the area. I'd much prefer this.

Although if they run the place right I don't suppose it matters.

I'm not sure whether anyone else agrees, but one positive for me regarding this is that the ownership of and responsibility for the club may fall back into hands of someone from or with links to the area. I'd much prefer this.

It's people like you who give us a bad name in the media man. ;)

Guest toonlass

I'd love to see NE5's take on all this (so long as it didn't descend into the usual custard pie event - which wasn't always his fault btw).

"told you so,everything was just peachy before he came in"

I was thinking more along the lines of "you don't even know what a mess is, I was here in the 70's and 80's" line, or whenever anyone highlighted what happened at Leeds his laughing and saying that it would never happen here. Aye right you are NE5.

Guest fraser

I'd love to see NE5's take on all this (so long as it didn't descend into the usual custard pie event - which wasn't always his fault btw).

I was thinking more along the lines of "you don't even know what a mess is, I was here in the 70's and 80's" line, or whenever anyone highlighted what happened at Leeds his laughing and saying that it would never happen here. Aye right you are NE5.

A little unfair as the bloke is denied a right to reply here.

A little unfair as the bloke is denied a right to reply here.

Agreed.

I was going to reply and say I'd prefer someone from outside the area but really I'm not too bothered as long as they can do a decent job! Nothing to base this on other than a gut feeling but I actually think we'll end up with an American buyer as they are quite shrewd buyers.

I wonder how the relationship is between Ashley and Wise these days?

His faith in this odious little spunk bubble looks like it will cost him around £140 million, well done Mike O0

if ashley appoints shearer and the new guys dont want him....theres 4 years pay-off for him and dowie. which starts the cycle again. having said that, i'd rather have an ambitious multi-millionaire than a tight billionaire in charge. someone who's willing to spend and knows what he's doing, but also wont lose the majority of his wealth in one year! its kinda typical that out of all the billionaires, we got the frugal one!

Couldn't care less if it was a choice between you-know-who and a Martian with brains & ambition..!