RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Last year, Ashley was talking about maybe giving up a share of the club in exchange for some investment in the playing staff. Reports at the time said Barry Moat was approached, but would not share and couldn't afford a full buy out.

Instead he donated £5m to the youth academy in exchange for some really good long term corporate deal.

So it will be Shearer and not Keegan. I can live with that.

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/01_02/ShearerBeachBIG2_468x269.jpg

That's an excellent shadow duck he's got there.

Hmmmmm. Still sceptical. :hmm:

Well even if this story is true, any deal relies on Ashley accepting the bid. I'd imagine SP have recommended bids before now.

Exactly.

Still think he'll dig his heels in and hold out for more.

Well even if this story is true, any deal relies on Ashley accepting the bid. I'd imagine SP have recommended bids before now.

Exactly.

Seems likely. I can envisage SP pulling out before long though if they're recommending bids and Ashley is ignoring them. Harris sounded thoroughly pissed off with it all to me.

So it will be Shearer and not Keegan. I can live with that.

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/01_02/ShearerBeachBIG2_468x269.jpg

That's an excellent shadow duck he's got there.

Looks like Jackoffasaur from South Park.  :aww:

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

I think this is it lads. My brother who works in tha Capital as an architect for many years mentioned to me last week about his clients brother. He said that he recognised his geordie accent and mentioned that hisbrother was looking to bid for Newcastle, He thought he was joking until his boss confirmed it.

When I quizzed him for his name he sait Moat!!!

Exactly.

Seems likely. I can envisage SP pulling out before long though if they're recommending bids and Ashley is ignoring them. Harris sounded thoroughly pissed off with it all to me.

Also can't see Harris 'telling' him to accept it either. He may have advised or recommended he should accept the bid but 'told' Ashley to do it? Nah.  :nope: 

Last year, Ashley was talking about maybe giving up a share of the club in exchange for some investment in the playing staff. Reports at the time said Barry Moat was approached, but would not share and couldn't afford a full buy out.

Instead he donated £5m to the youth academy in exchange for some really good long term corporate deal.

That's wrong, it was an estimated £1m for 5 year corporate box.

Guest Mantis

I dont believe any of this.  Rumour a day wont keep the straightjackets at bay.  I will believe the nightmare is over when there is press conference and not before.  I dont think anything will happen until the transfer window is firmly shut.  Then the new owner has his excuses in the back pocket if the honeymoon period goes tits up.

Exactly.

I doubt it's the amount of the bids that are the sticking point, more likely the terms of payment. Ashley had to pay for his shares upfront as he was buying from numerous shareholders etc, but I would imagine that the consortia who have expressed an interest want to stagger payments etc. They might be prepared to meet his £100M price but are only prepared to pay half up front with the rest when the club is promoted. If he was destitute you could understand but really an undertaking that he will get his money should be enough as long as the terms are reasonable.

If it's true we're probably still a week away from any formal announcement anyway

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Maybe it was along the lines of:

"Mike, this is the best you're going to get, I'd strongly advise you to take it, or take the club off the market... you fat twat."

Guest Heneage

Won't happen imo.

Thats the spirit mate.

Why bother ourselves with false hope? Wait till their is a degree of realism.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Isn't it exciting to think that by the time we have been taken over this thread will have reached 350 pages....

I would put money on it being 400

Whats the record?