RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Can we have a thread entitled,"Does Moat float your boat?"

I'll get me coat.

"Does Moat float your bloat, if not get your coat you ugly goat"

Does your Newcastle have a Moat?

Can it float a little boat?

Can it set sail with a man?

Or even set sail with a Goat?

Can it jizz all over Ashley,

Like a fatty over pasties?

Or are The Times just scrotes?

Taken from yesterdays chronicle......

And so too has talk of a local consortium with Middle East backing coming in imminently after Tyneside businessman Barry Moat, who has enjoyed a cordial relationship with Ashley in the past, was spotted several times at St James’s Park at the start of last week.

Moat is one of United’s best corporate customers and renewed his plush executive box last year for a five-year period, with funds then pumped back into the club’s Academy.

But whilst there was a direct quote about DIC's non involvement, that's pretty much speculation. This too is complete speculation from the press, but it has released the Guy's name, no direct quotes so no confidentiality clauses are broken so it's quite possible there is some mileage in it

Well let's hope so......

My only concern would be that he is a friend of Alan Shearer. If AS gets the job and isn't very good at it, will be a bit of a bummer having to give your mate the Spanish Archer

Taken from yesterdays chronicle......

And so too has talk of a local consortium with Middle East backing coming in imminently after Tyneside businessman Barry Moat, who has enjoyed a cordial relationship with Ashley in the past, was spotted several times at St Jamess Park at the start of last week.

Moat is one of Uniteds best corporate customers and renewed his plush executive box last year for a five-year period, with funds then pumped back into the clubs Academy.

The time article said Americans. If you add Thomo's information to this one I would think Middle easternes with the Moat as a head figure.

Alright, I'm not really up on the UK media, but how do the Times rank on the list of believability/credible journalism?

Quite highly tbf.

Anyone care to give me a quick list of least->most credible news publications?

IMO:

Sport

Star

Mirror

The Sun

Express

Telegraph

Guardian

Times

Very roughly, some will obviously disagree. I don't read newspapers much tbh.

Ha, i was just about to post; Telegraph/Guardian/Times are the only ones i might actually give a second glance to when it comes to football rumours.

Alright, I'm not really up on the UK media, but how do the Times rank on the list of believability/credible journalism?

Quite highly tbf.

Anyone care to give me a quick list of least->most credible news publications?

Accompanies breasts: Sport

Comic: Star

Rags: Mirror, The Sun

Posh rag: Express

'Best': Telegraph, Guardian, Times

Very roughly, some will obviously disagree. I don't read newspapers much tbh.

cheers.

IIRC Moat and Shepherd had a bit of a falling out a year or two ago so I doubt Fat Fred would be involved.

I believe it's true. It seems a bit bizarre for The Times to come out and name a buyer like that so it wouldn't surprise me if details have been leaked by Keith Harris to try and force Ashley's hand.

Or another bidder to hurry up/raise their bid etc.

Seems the most plausible explanation to me.

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

Remember that Ashleys PR man was quoted through the Times today when he claimed Kinnear was wrong about the job offer, so I guess the Times are close to the Ash PR man.

Guest antz1uk

f*** it, haven't had my hopes up for ages.  Going to believe this is true and going to happen, and if it doesn't I'm going to climb up the Tyne Bridge and toss myself off.

You heard me.

ewwww hope u dont have to much to empty!! hope everyone has there windscreen wipers on!  ;D

Having missed all the news yesterday; can someone kindly just summarise what it was Harris actually said re: the sale? I mean, did it appear as pessimistic as the thread title here suggested?

Having missed all the news yesterday; can someone kindly just summarise what it was Harris actually said re: the sale? I mean, did it appear as pessimistic as the thread title here suggested?

Something along the lines of 'We'd hoped to have had an annoucement by now...it's clear nothing is going to happen before the weekend...it was important to sell [Martins] as he wasn't suited to this type of football, and to lower the wage bill/show players could be sold...it's not a shocking guess that something might happen this month'.

Well, yeah, it did appear rather pessimistic, but to be fair, the whole show was about clubs debts being too high and that. It was overall a very pessimistic view point of the whole programme and on top of that I don't think Harris could say much else.

Seems strange though that he said that we definitely won't be sold before the weekend and now this.

Remember that Ashleys PR man was quoted through the Times today when he claimed Kinnear was wrong about the job offer, so I guess the Times are close to the Ash PR man.

Ashley has a PR man!!!???

Yeah, he's Brill.

Well, yeah, it did appear rather pessimistic, but to be fair, the whole show was about clubs debts being too high and that. It was overall a very pessimistic view point of the whole programme and on top of that I don't think Harris could say much else.

Seems strange though that he said that we definitely won't be sold before the weekend and now this.

We won't be sold, ie i's dotted and t's crossed, no reason why an announcement couldn't be made beforehand. Hope it does, it will give the players a huge lift for saturday, especially knowing manager in waiting Shearer is watching for the BBC

I don't think Moat is overly wealthy, I'd presume his brother will also be involved, but that would probably be the Bruce Shepherd equivalent.

Not sure he's got the money and that the club will probably have to remain on the business model that Ashley had us on, only without the managerial chaos and DOFs and all that.

He's going to need to know what he's doing and how to make the club a success. Otherwise we have a Southampton situation where he haemorrages money and get held to ransom by a Rupert Lowe (Freddy Shepherd), sells up only for Shepherd unable to do any better.

We won't be sold, ie i's dotted and t's crossed, no reason why an announcement couldn't be made beforehand. Hope it does, it will give the players a huge lift for saturday, especially knowing manager in waiting Shearer is watching for the BBC

Fair point :thup: