RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

From NUFC Blog :laugh2:

Billy Bunter  // Aug 6, 2009 at 11:24 AM

Lads – sumiks happening – wor D says theres loads of fellas arrived this morning in suits, theres a buzz somthings going on, Im at work down Condy Road – can anyone have a look down Barrack Road to see if they recognise anyone – wor D doesnt know them.

Probably the fucking Bailiffs!!!!!!

What the fuck's he doing down there?

http://www.trembirth.demon.co.uk/lookread/wordy.jpg

Wait ... so the Moat bid has been denied already?

Even the rejections are coming faster and harsher now.

No, not denied as far as I know, just that SSN are saying it 'unlikely' . . and I think they have been 'fed' this to stop the deal breaking down.

In my view, it is happening!!

Lads – sumiks happening – wor D says theres loads of fellas arrived this morning in suits, theres a buzz somthings going on, Im at work down Condy Road – can anyone have a look down Barrack Road to see if they recognise anyone – wor D doesnt know them.

Probably the f***ing Bailiffs!!!!!!

What the f***'s he doing down there?

http://www.trembirth.demon.co.uk/lookread/wordy.jpg

Wordy is a right little fag.

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

No, not denied as far as I know, just that SSN are saying it 'unlikely' . . and I think they have been 'fed' this to stop the deal breaking down.

And the chron claim to have had it denied thismorning by the club

Yeah, it all seems to add up (to me).  They WOULD say this to the media, if a genuine bid had been 'leaked'.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Probably the fucking Bailiffs!!!!!!

:laugh:

Aye, the same club that said a month ago we had two £100m offers for the club.

The Moat bid has been ditched. It's dead in the water. Time to man the battlements and pull up the drawbridge for Ashley I think.

Yeah, it all seems to add up (to me).  They WOULD say this to the media, if a genuine bid had been 'leaked'.

They would say it if there is no takeover happening too.  Not to get people's hopes up.

The Moat bid has been ditched. It's dead in the water. Time to man the battlements and pull up the drawbridge for Ashley I think.

Where you getting that from ?

so nobody has a f***ing clue then?

Have you just noticed? :lol:

Btw Llambias (or whoever is feeding Craig) will tell him anything that fits their agenda. Means nothing.

Correct, in fact I think it is probable that Llambias will have woken up this morning in a 'cold sweat' when he realised that this was being talked about in the media - he would be sh***ing himself that it had leaked and that the (nearly done) deal might now break down because of it.  Especially as HE was probably the one who leaked it!

So, this morning he contacted his monkey and leaked this latest bit of David Craig cr*p to him.

(Thats my theory on todays event, anyway!)

Why would a multi-million pound deal break down because of press speculation? Why would it all be back on again because of a counter-leak? Makes no sense.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/8187335.stm

Moat targets Newcastle takeover

Tyneside businessman Barry Moat has emerged as the leading contender to buy troubled Championship side Newcastle United, BBC Sport understands.

Moat, an executive box holder at St James' Park, has previously invested in the club's academy and also helped to organise Alan Shearer's testimonial.

However it is understood no deal is expected imminently.

The Magpies, relegated last season after 16 years in the top flight, are also still seeking a permanent manager.

More to follow.

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

They would say it if there is no takeover happening too.  Not to get people's hopes up.

Hang on a minuite who's getting there hopes up? :coolsmiley:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/championship/newcastleunited/5982353/Alan-Shearer-poised-for-Newcastle-return.html

Alan Shearer poised for Newcastle return

Alan Shearer is likely to be reinstated as Newcastle manager if Tyneside businessman Barry Moat completes his takeover of the club.

By Paul Kelso Chief Sports Reporter

Published: 11:20AM BST 06 Aug 2009

As Telegraph Sport disclosed last night, talks between Moat and advisors to current owner Mike Ashley are underway in London this morning, with the broad terms of a £100m deal thought to have been agreed.

While a deal has not yet been confirmed there is a chance that it could be sealed in principle by Saturday, when Newcastle open their first Championship season in 16 years, away to West Bromwich Albion.

Shearer, who is currently on holiday in Portugal, is scheduled to be summarising the match for the BBC, and is currently due to fulfil the commitment.

He is likely to speak in detail about the prospects of a return to Newcastle on Football focus at lunchtime.

Moat, a millionaire with extensive property and telecoms interests, is an associate of Shearer's having served on his testimonial committee, and is expected to offer the former England captain the manager's job.

Shearer left the post just two months ago having failed to keep Newcastle in the Premier League, and has made it clear he would relish the chance to bring them straight back up.

Lawyers for the two sides are working on the final terms of an agreement that would see Moat pay Ashley £100m for the club.

Moat has put up £50m of his own money and is thought to have secured bank funding for the remaining £50m.

While negotiations over the sale continue the club continues to try and offload players from the payroll.

Sebastien Bassong could depart as early as today, with Tottenham favourites to secure his signature for around £10m, and there is a chance of at least one other departure.

I'm optimistic about this..Ashley and Lambrusco sound quite pally with Mr. Moat.

This is what worries me though, it could be a plan to stoke up the interest in the club by saying he's near completing when in reality he's not even a bidder. Being a toon fan he'd think this is the right thing to do to help out his club, a little white lie to get the ball rolling.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/08/06/tycoon-linked-to-toon-takeover-72703-24332825/

Businessman Barry Moat has today been touted as the man pulling together a consortium, which includes overseas investors, to take the reins from Mike Ashley on Tyneside with a £100m buy-out.

Reports claim that negotiations are continuing today with the process of due dilligence having been completed – although sources at the club have claimed he is not a serious contender.

And Chronicle sources have speculated news of Mr Moat’s interest is nothing more than an attempt to flush out other bidders to bring the saga to a conclusion.

But as has been the case throughout the tortuous sale process, it is difficult to know who to believe.

Intriguingly Mr Moat’s secretary said today at Lugano Property Group headquarters in Melbourne Street, Newcastle he was “unavailable” because he was in London.

A millionaire with diverse business interests across the North East, Moat has significant property holdings and a development portfolio.

He is a director of several telecoms companies offering cheap internet-based call services.

Mr Moat has previously invested substantial sums of cash into the club’s academy. At the time he said: “As a lifelong Newcastle fan, I am delighted to support the club’s new initiatives of investing in the academy and enabling more young fans in the region to see their heroes play.

“It’s vital for a club like Newcastle to make sure it recruits the best young footballers at an early age and encourages them to develop their full potential.” Mr Moat, founder and director of workplace retail giant Premier Direct, renewed his executive box at the club for five seasons in 2008.

He was also a lead member of the committee who organised Alan Shearer’s testimonial.

He has been in Ashley’s company on many occasions, including the trip to the Stadium of Light to watch the derby match, pictured on our front page today.

In 2007 he paid £20m for the 2,500 acre Dissington Estate, near Ponteland, Northumberland – a huge swathe of land that borders Darras Hall.

Mr Moat snapped up the site, mostly farms and woodland, from the Church Commissioners.

It backs on to the plush Darras Hall estate, which is home to some of the region’s wealthiest personalities, including former Magpies skipper Shearer.

Mr Moat lives in Jesmond, near to former chairman Freddy Shepherd. The home is surrounded by manicured gardens with black wrought-iron gates and a sophisticated security system.

I'm optimistic about this..Ashley and Lambrusco sound quite pally with Mr. Moat.

This is what worries me though, it could be a plan to stoke up the interest in the club by saying he's near completing when in reality he's not even a bidder. Being a toon fan he'd think this is the right thing to do to help out his club, a little white lie to get the ball rolling.

Like the Malaysians?