RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest geordienorway

Came home from vacation today, and it looks like something is finally happening. Please be true!

Guest antz1uk

anybody read what George has to say, he is normally spot on (imho)..

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/newcastle/article6741322.ece

George Caulkin is easily my favourite sports writer, always sensible and doesn't trot out the normal Newcastle clichés every week like the rest of them. 

has he always been with the times? im sure newcastle used to have a PR guy around 5yrs ago called george caulkin, he is the only journalist that actually writes informative stuff as opposed to others writing their own biased crap

If this goes through I hope to god he has substantial American backing behind him. If he doesn't and we don't go up we could be in for another rough ride. If Seymour Price are good to their word (!) they wouldn't be backing a deal that didn't safeguard the club's future; would they?

Freddy had very little money but the club managed to spend plenty

'I would love to be able to comment' indicates that something GOOD has happened/happening....finally !!!

Not necessarily, I'm sure he'd love to tell us that Mike is staying. :lol:

Guest geordienorway

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/newcastle/article6741322.ece

George Caulkin is easily my favourite sports writer, always sensible and doesn't trot out the normal Newcastle clichés every week like the rest of them. 

I think the N-O shop will make a canny profit if they start making "I'd go gay for Caulkin"-shirts.

I think the N-O shop will make a canny profit if they start making "I'd go gay for Caulkin"-shirts.

Could put this bad boy on it.

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/1916/1359371george150.jpg

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Llambias speaks!

From the BBC article:

Newcastle managing director Derek Llambias said in a statement: "We would love to be able to expand further on the sale and managerial position at the club, but we're very sorry we're unable to make any further comment at the present time."

Not a denial...

I'm waiting SSN dramatic U-Turn and for BREAK NEWS FFS OMG WTF banner to suddenly say 'SSN EXCLUSIVE: Newcastle United sale LIKELY'. Bi-polar twats.

Lambias not being able to say anything is MASSIVE I reckon, he has had loads and loads to say in the past now this time he cannot comment.

Ooooo dare I get excited dare I?

Loads to say? Really? :lol: Generally I agree though, the no comment could be a good sign...

Llambias speaks!

From the BBC article:

Newcastle managing director Derek Llambias said in a statement: "We would love to be able to expand further on the sale and managerial position at the club, but we're very sorry we're unable to make any further comment at the present time."

Not a denial...

I'm waiting SSN dramatic U-Turn and for BREAK NEWS FFS OMG WTF banner to suddenly say 'SSN EXCLUSIVE: Newcastle United sale LIKELY'. Bi-polar twats.

:lol:

Guest toonlass

The fact he is unable to comment speaks volumes as he has had plenty to say on everything that was shite, i.e. Profitable group, Joe Kinnear being made boss etc.