RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Wally_McFool

Who is this Thomo character, have any of his claims come to pass?

I think Thomo is really Derek Llambias   ;D     :cheesy:

Guest DavB93

Anyone have the legends on tonight? Supposedly Malcom Macdonald said he is close friends with Moat who has said he has NOT and will NOT bid for the club. Didn't hear it myself, my mate just told me.

I listened to it and he did not say that I am 99.9% sure. He was certainly not speaking as if he knew him either. Don't think he knows him.

So one person says MacDonald said Moat not bidding and someone else says he didn't say it...fucking rumours like this trying me crazy....aaarrrrggghh

I wouldn't assume Smith is staying yet and as far as I know we want rid of Geremi, unfortunately its not as easy to sell a player like Geremi as it is Martins, Bassong or Beye.  I also think we need Barton now, we're low on midfielders and he's a player capable of being quality in the Premiership never mind the Championship.  He hasn't murdered anyone for at least a few months as well so we should give him a chance :lol:

How many chances can he get though?  I was happy to give him a chance, despite previous incidents, but when he does things like he did in the Liverpool game, he shows how ridiculous he can be!  We don't need that in our team.

I wouldn't assume Smith is staying yet and as far as I know we want rid of Geremi, unfortunately its not as easy to sell a player like Geremi as it is Martins, Bassong or Beye.  I also think we need Barton now, we're low on midfielders and he's a player capable of being quality in the Premiership never mind the Championship.  He hasn't murdered anyone for at least a few months as well so we should give him a chance :lol:

How many chances can he get though?  I was happy to give him a chance, despite previous incidents, but when he does things like he did in the Liverpool game, he shows how ridiculous he can be!  We don't need that in our team.

I agree I wanted him gone as well and if we had more options, as in we were still in the Premiership then I still would.  But in our situation he's the best midfielder we can get by a country mile.  So that makes it a lot easier to say "one more chance".

Moat is clearly a fan of the club to some degree, he wouldn't have a box etc if not.

So ask yourself why he would allow this rumour to drag on all last night and today in nearly all of the major media sources in the UK if it was complete rubbish. Makes no sense whatsoever.

Moat is clearly a fan of the club to some degree, he wouldn't have a box etc if not.

So ask yourself why he would allow this rumour to drag on all last night and today in nearly all of the major media sources in the UK if it was complete rubbish. Makes no sense whatsoever.

Aye, agreed it doesn't, but anyone possible bad news just makes me fear the worst after all the crap that has happened.

Guest DavB93

Good point, he's already personally given money for the academy so has the clubs best interests at heart. Really hope this is true...anyone betting something said before match on saturday (an announcement)

Don't worry lads he didn't say it! He doesn't know anything. He brought the thing up about Moat but theres hardly been any callers on about it really. I repeat, he didn't say its off and he didn't claim to have any inside knowledge at all.

Don't worry lads he didn't say it! He doesn't know anything. He brought the thing up about Moat but theres hardly been any callers on about it really. I repeat, he didn't say its off and he didn't claim to have any inside knowledge at all.

:thup: Cheers, didn't mean to cause any more panic, just wanted confirmation.

Guest DavB93

:thup: Cheers, did't mean to cause any more panic, just wanted confirmation.

Yeah yeah

Only three hours until tomorrow's papers. :frantic:

Wonder how big the split will be between those who say its likely, those who say its unlikely, and those who sit on the fence with the classic '50/50'

Knowing our luck it will be all 'talks broke down without agreement' etc.

There is still a good possibility this is how it will end unless Ashley can go against the grain and make a wise decision. He will have to relent in the end to push a sale through. Does he really want to let this one go up in smoke as well?

Guest gjohnson

am i right in thinking that this so called £40 million pound overdraft has almost been halved with departures of Martins, Bassong, and Beye? Plus between 4 and 6 million off the age bill depending on which journalists figures you believe?

Good find, so it looks like Moat may just be a broker or a minor investor for a private equity firm, who can splash out the £s and expect to get more money back a little way down the line. So this lot will be looking to splash money out on getting us up, and then attracting a more wealthy buyer ASAP.

am i right in thinking that this so called £40 million pound overdraft has almost been halved with departures of Martins, Bassong, and Beye? Plus between 4 and 6 million off the age bill depending on which journalists figures you believe?

Not to mention Owen, Viduka and McLoven

If the Telegraph article that states that Tim Smalley is negotiating the deal is true, it is unlikely we are going to have to worry too much about money if the Moat deal is agreed by Ashley, as I reckon R20 will bankroll a promotion then try to sell us at a profit.

One of those articles also said that one of those brothers had lost an estimated £500 million due to the credit crunch and could ultimately lose more.

Surely he's not gona buy a football club under those circumstances?

One of those articles also said that one of those brothers had lost an estimated £500 million due to the credit crunch and could ultimately lose more.

Surely he's not gona buy a football club under those circumstances?

It is what they do. They buy a pub chain for £4.6bn then sell it on for a profit. Sometimes they'll make losses, they take risks, but the wins have outweighed the losses in their careers it would seem. NUFC are at a low ebb at the moment, and they may feel confident they can get us back up then sell us on. Vincent Tchenguiz is apparently very publicity hungry, so this might be an appealing risk for him.