RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mike Ashley will put any managerial appointment at St James’ Park on hold until Barry Moat’s bid to buy Newcastle United is resolved. Moat’s attempts to purchase the Coca-Cola Championship club from Ashley rest in the hands of Barclays Bank, which has told the Tyneside businessman that it will respond to his request to borrow funds within the next five days.

Ashley, who is to attend Newcastle’s home match against Reading today, is prepared to extend his deadline for Moat’s takeover of the club into next week, raising hopes that a positive outcome may be found.

While optimism is hardly rampant, that the two parties remain in negotiations will offer supporters some comfort.

Barclays is also Newcastle’s lender and has been pressing for the club’s £40 million overdraft to be reduced, with the club agreeing to sell the likes of Obafemi Martins, Sébastien Bassong, Habib Beye and Damien Duff over recent days. Barclays refused to comment last night.

Alan Shearer has been kept informed of developments by Moat and Newcastle’s record goalscorer will be appointed as the manager if the deal goes ahead.

In the meantime, Newcastle have been preparing for the possibility of the bid from Moat, who is understood to have American backing, falling through. Talks with David O’Leary have not resulted in any agreement and while Ashley remains a firm admirer of Joe Kinnear, the health of Newcastle’s former manager is still an issue.

Is this an attempt to buy him some slack for tomorrow?

Bingo.

I wish some brave man would just shoot the fucker in the head.

:jesuswept:

i know of a place where you can see into the directors box from across town,..get me a snipers rifle and the fat bloke gets it.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Bloody Hell Dave Title change :) Really?

I have more than one reason to believe this story tbh.

ITK

Does Thomo know

Fuck that

Does Marley know

Your dog food Davey boy :)

Bingo.

I'm familiar with two fat ladies, kelly's eye and the like.  Though I have no idea what number you're referring to with 'I wish some brave man would just shoot the fucker in the head'

Bingo.

I do not feel an ounce of remorse at wishing death on Mike Ashley.

Don't be fucking ridiculous.

Why is anyone even remotely excited about this. If it's true and I think by now we can only really assume it's not. It talks about a man who clearly hasn't got the funds, trying to borrow the money to buy the club. TBH can't see this guy being any better than Ashley.

Bingo.

Don't be f***ing ridiculous.

I just don't.

Obviously I'm not going to go cap him myself, but if some sort of accident were to happen... I can't say I'd be mourning.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Bingo.

Don't be f***ing ridiculous.

I posted something similar earlier today but not to such an extreme.

I empathise without agreeing