RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

From ToTT:

Slightly confused about a recent statement by NUST, I asked them for more info...

Regarding Graham Roberts; Can I place on record some details which may

help you to understand a little about this graham Roberts "bid".

last week we were approached by a group asking to meet with us

concerning a proposal that would involve some kind of fan ownership.

we agreed to meet and two representatives went down to Scotch Corner

where they engaged in a conversation with representatives of an

organisation calling themselves Fanbase. Very little if any detail was

passed over concerning their plans although what little information we

received was covered by a non disclosure agreement.

We listened and we walked away, stating that without knowing the

detail we would find it extremely difficult if not impossible to

endorse their idea.

The following day, Graham Roberts contacted us asking for an

endorsement as he was going straight to the press; we declined ,

because still no detailed analysis had been conducted or instructed.

and also suggested that until they had something substantive to show

us we would recommended they hold back on press inclusion; we felt

that Newcastle is awash with too many rumours and this type of press

intrusion from certain quarters would not help.

at this time they had not even made contact with either Seymour

Pierce, Mike Ashley or Derek Llambias.and to date I am not certain

that they have.

Since then we have had further contact with them but have not stated

anything that adds to what I have stated to you above.

I can assure you that if there was anything substantive to say we

would have notified our members of any news on this type of

story. please treat it as speculation.

I hope that this helps.

We will be responding in the press in due course stating supporters

NUST are interested in any sensible bid that includes some form of fan

representation at whatever level"; this naturally would include any

other bid that puts the fans and the club first and the personalities

second, be it Mr Moat/ Shearer, or any other bidder, Roberts included,

as long as we know what supporter involvement means in the long term.

Guest Roger Kint

NUSC should spend their time trying to put pressure on a quick sale not muddying the waters even acknowledging a fans orientated farce which will take months if not longer to complete. If this delays a real bid by even 24 hours it could prove crucial now we are under 2 weeks away.

By the way I meant the Graham Hunter/fans thing had a one month timeline.

Nothing to do with Moat etc.

I wonder what the odds are on it being used as an excuse to drag things out beyond the end of the month? :rolleyes:

Graham Roberts btw, Graham Hunter is their Spanish football reporter.

Spurs connection, nutjob (sue me), wide boy, book out last month, sacked for fiddling expenses, just the kind of person we need. I see Llambias/Ashley written all over this. And what kind of connection has he ever had with NUFC?

NUSC need to contact SSN and tell them they do not back this fanbase bid and non of their memebers or fans from other fna sites have any idea t all about their bid or plans.

Oh no, they won't do that. They'll have their eye on a seat on the boardroom table and wont alienate themselves just in case Fanbase manages to pull it off.

Who cares that the transfer window would shut without things getting sorted?

Who cares that this group will probably not have a penny between them if they got the club?

Who cares that they probably haven't done due dilligence given that he hasn't spoken to Harris?

It'll all be alright, as NUSC are on the Board :(

I fail to see what NUSC have done wrong here.

They were contacted by someone claiming to be interested in buying the club and met with them to see what they had to say. As they were given no details of the bid or future plans, they refused to offer an endorsement, and advised these Fanbase people not to go to the press until their bid was more concrete.

Fanbase went to the press anyway and mentioned NUSC. How is any of this the fault of NUSC?

They were contacted by someone claiming to be interested in buying the club and met with them to see what they had to say. As they were given no details of the bid or future plans, they refused to offer an endorsement, and advised these Fanbase people not to go to the press until their bid was more concrete.

Fanbase went to the press anyway and mentioned NUSC. How is any of this the fault of NUSC?

That may be their unofficial line, but it is their official line on their webpage, ie the one the press and the board will read that concerns me.

NUSC have not done a thign wrong so far, but if they do not come out and say they do not back the fanbase bid then they are being made fools of.

Out of interest what have NUSC actually done that is of any benefit to the club?

Genuine question.

NUSC's Official Line:

We have had initial discussions with a number of parties and we can confirm Fanbase are one of those. Their idea is certainly innovative and puts the aim of genuine supporter representation at the centre of its model. We are willing to continue discussions after they have spoken to Mr. Llambias and Seymour Pierce and we will put this to our members if the bid is credible in due course.

What the F****** hell is going on?????? Its my understanding that Moat needed to get the money. He did that. Then he needed to get backing from Barclays and that was the only thing we were waiting for. He did that. Then why the fuck are we then sitting around waiting for something to happen?

Are you seriously telling me some bidders have now decided to get off their fat lazy arses and try and do it now? are they for real??

And dont even get me starting on those moronic wastes of space NUSC. To say no one gives a shit about them or their views is an understatement.

NUSC's Official Line:

We have had initial discussions with a number of parties and we can confirm Fanbase are one of those. Their idea is certainly innovative and puts the aim of genuine supporter representation at the centre of its model. We are willing to continue discussions after they have spoken to Mr. Llambias and Seymour Pierce and we will put this to our members if the bid is credible in due course.

Sounds alright to me, tbh.

Whilst I agree it's not their fault, they've been caught up in a farce. They've been going on about board-level representation for a while so many will assume (rightly or wrongly) that they are directly involved in this, and being name-dropped doesn't help. Then they've confirmed that they are interested on their site - how does that tally with them refusing to offer an endorsement? It's just a mess. :undecided:

Out of interest, do you believe any such idea is realistic? I mean the mooted fan ownership etc. Seems completely unrealistic to me.

Guest Roger Kint

NUSC's Official Line:

Sounds alright to me, tbh.

Sound a million miles away. Not what the club needs at all