RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I disagree. We do need a quality manager. And Houghton, Kinnear, and Shearer just don't cut it. A quality manager would be more valuable to the club than anything else right now.

Of course we would prefer a quality manager. But we've got to look at our short term problem first, namely being in the championship. We are not going to attract a quality manager down here, so we need someone with promise or someone capable of getting us back into the prem. Once we are there we can think more long term, but we are a championship club now and we need to set our expectations appropriately.

Again what we NEED is a manager capable of getting us out of this divison, what we would LIKE is a quality manager.

@ Big Tron

Yeah, I agree. We really need to see Ashley gone ASAP.

I am not all that excited about Moat because I just don't think Shearer is the right man to manage this club. I really wish he was, but I haven't seen anything to convince me of that.

@afar

Maybe we are talking past one another. For example, some of the names that have been bandied  about like Curbishley and Strachen would certainly count as quality managers in my book. I mean, we're not going to bring in Mourinho--- they are not of that stature. But they are better than anything we've seen since SBR (with the exception of Keegan).  Maybe you are talking about someone like Roeder? The squad we had last year would've never been relegated under Roeder IMO. Still, I wouldn't trust him to win promotion.

Guest Wally_McFool

I wonder if Ashley has paid Graham Roberts to come on the telly and start giving the old Shearer to be manager, great fans, no debt rubbish because this  thing smacks of Ashley playing his usual tricks of building peoples hopes up then prolonging the sale, selling more players, changing his mind (etc) crap.

We've seen it all before and it looks to me like its happening again.

It seems to me that agent Graham Roberts is the latest recruit of Mike Ashleys gang.

Dont be surprised to see his name appear near the top of the next manager of Newcastle list if fat bastard fails to sell.

@ Big Tron

I am not all that excited about Moat because I just don't think Shearer is the right man to manage this club. I really wish he was, but I haven't seen anything to convince me of that.

@afar

Maybe we are talking past one another. For example, some of the names that have been bandied  about like Curbishley and Strachen would certainly count as quality managers in my book. I mean, we're not going to bring in Mourinho--- they are not of that stature. But they are better than anything we've seen since SBR (with the exception of Keegan).  Maybe you are talking about someone like Roeder? The squad we had last year would've never been relegated under Roeder IMO. Still, I wouldn't trust him to win promotion.

Roeder would go in the totally clueless category, Curbs or Strachen would count in my list of capabale and probably willing to work within the constraints, as would the likes of Dave Jones, Bristol City's manager (whoever he is) and even old heads like George Graham.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Wonder whether Moat has secured his loan!

Mind you does it matter, the fat prick will just put another barrier in front.

Will be interesting to see if Moat sits by Llambias tonight

@ Big Tron

@afar

Roeder would go in the totally clueless category, Curbs or Strachen would count in my list of capabale and probably willing to work within the constraints, as would the likes of Dave Jones, Bristol City's manager (whoever he is) and even old heads like George Graham.

I can't see Curbishley or Strachan working under the sort of constraints Ashley will impose. Dave Jones is a possibility. If Ashley appoints him I'd actually be quite impressed, but I don't think it will happen. If he doesn't sell the club i expect Kinnear or some other complete tosspot to be given the job. Fatty is welcome to prove me wrong though.

Yup, keep yer eyes peeled lads. Watch for body language, winks and sneaky handshakes..

@ Big Tron

@afar

I can't see Curbishley or Strachan working under the sort of constraints Ashley will impose. Dave Jones is a possibility. If Ashley appoints him I'd actually be quite impressed, but I don't think it will happen. If he doesn't sell the club i expect Kinnear or some other complete tosspot to be given the job. Fatty is welcome to prove me wrong though.

I can't see any reputable manager coming in under the current shambolic conditions.

Guest sicko2ndbest

SSN BREAKING NEWS

Consortium lad by Peter Storrie in talks to buy............

Portsmouth

Guest antz1uk

peter storrie heading a consortium to buy portsmouth

could that sheikh be after us? i wondered this a while ago

:facepalm:

You mean that other bloke still hasn't taken over Portsmouth? ???

Anyway talking of interesting things to watch for tonight, how about Shearer watching at the ground.  Or is he already confirmed as being elsewhere?

peter storrie heading a consortium to buy portsmouth

could that sheikh be after us? i wondered this a while ago

:facepalm:

What the fake one, thats pretending to buy Portsmouth so he gets to sit in the directors box and eat free food for a bit.  NO thanks, I'd rather Jay Jay Sea running the club.

i thought moat was invited to dinner on the day of reading game hense why he was at the game in the directors box. I dont think he will be at the game in the directors box tonight. I hope im wrong

Yup, keep yer eyes peeled lads. Watch for body language, winks and sneaky handshakes..

i thought moat was invited to dinner on the day of reading game hense why he was at the game in the directors box. I dont think he will be at the game in the directors box tonight. I hope im wrong

Ashley isn't going to be there.

Ashley isn't going to be there.

Maybe that's why he said LLAMBIAS

If he keeps it and we go back up then puts us back on the market next summer it will be a bigger disaster than this summer. He will whack his asking price up to a very unrealistic figure and it will go on all summer, not allowing us to sort out what will probably be a smallish squad filled with Championship standard players, one or two Premiership standard players and a few youngsters. If we think this summer is a disaster with us losing some of our best players and not being allowed to buy, then next will be even worse if we're in this situation again. At least our poor players we have been left with are good enough to compete or perform to a good standard in the Championship. We will be straight back down if we're not allowed to have an overhaul of the squad next summer. Stability is vital.

Guest DavB93

I have heard from a good source that the club will not be sold, and Ashley plans to keep it for 2 more years

Source?