RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

There is a nagging doubt in my mind after all the twists & turns in this saga, and that is that clubs such as Birmingham and Pompey have been bought quickly whilst nobody with REAL money seems to want to touch NUFC with a barge-pole.

You what? :spit:

You know Dave, the Pompey takeover that is still yet to be completed and the Birmingham takeover that should be done by November :lol:

And hasn't the bloke buying Brum being trying to buy them since they were last in the prem.

There is a nagging doubt in my mind after all the twists & turns in this saga, and that is that clubs such as Birmingham and Pompey have been bought quickly whilst nobody with REAL money seems to want to touch NUFC with a barge-pole.

Yes, I know all about being relegated, big debt etc etc...BUT - neither of the 2 clubs mentioned should be mentioned in the same breath as Newcastle United when it comes to what can be achieved in terms of support(including International potential)or recent success in terms of CL qualification etc.

Birmingham have never been a regular Prem side OR been in Europe as often as NUFC - their crowds don't approach ours, and neither does their stadium ; the same comments could be made about Pompey and yet both these clubs were bought by people with big money - in Brum's case, a Hong Kong businessman who paid 80m for the club..

The only conclusions that can be drawn from this are ;-

1. The Off-balance sheet items are worse than we think

2. The debt is worse than is believed

3. Potential buyers think that the club is too 'provincially clannish' and therefore only manageable by a local acceptable to the fans(NOT totally true, but there is SOME truth in that - witness those who are pleased the club is relegated so that 'glory-hunters' stop supporting it)

4. Potential buyers are being 'warned off', either by people in the media, influential people in the City of London because of their strained relations with Ashley, OR - worse still - by so-called 'influential' people in the game...

There are other factors which could be drawn into play, but these seem the most likely - after all, if you had a chance of buying NUFC for, say, 15m more than Brum, logic dictates that anyone wanting to make a success of the club would plump for Newcastle - even though Brum(and Pompey) are currently in the Prem.

Has nobody really asked themselves why such a situation exists, and if they have, has anyone been honest enough to try to accept that, for some reason, these innocuous clubs are seen as more attractive than NUFC..?

I have tried to look at this question as a neutral buyer would, and even without any hint of bias, Newcastle seems a better buy than either of those clubs - indeed, there are several clubs currently in the prem who are dead-beats when compared to Newcastle's potential and draw - it would be easier to understand IF - IF NO clubs were being bought because of caution over the financial situation, but this is not the case..

Doesn't this all seem a bit strange to you guys....!??? There is something wrong here...

I think years of shitty media stereotyping of the club have taken their toll, the fans want instant success, we won't give managers enough time, etc. 

If you were an outsider looking at the club and constantly hearing all the crap that gets repeated about the club you might think twice about investing your cash in the club if you think there's a chance you're going to have the fans on your back after a month.

A lie told often enough becomes truth Vladimir Lenin.

I don't know how some people satisfay their creeds. This is very positive news even a dubai sheike is short of finalising a deal for Portsmouth and the deal is almost dead. As for Moat he have the money to buy the club which is huge in the current financial climate....  We are only need a loan from the Barcly to finance the deal and it is not that huge but it needs some time to complete the deal.  Thanks..

You know Dave, the Pompey takeover that is still yet to be completed and the Birmingham takeover that should be done by November :lol:

not tyo mention the brum one has been on/off for at least a year or two already

...and ours hasn't..!????

No that's the point. Someone said theres has happened quickly.

Edit - Hang on that someone was you lol

The same fella, Carson Yeung (?) started the process of buying Brum last time they were in the Prem. So yeah, it's actually 18-24 months for that deal. And the Pompey deal doesn't look likely to be finalised in the near future either. And the sheik's name was mentioned earlier than Moat so that's also taken longer time.

Yes, I know all about being relegated, big debt etc etc...BUT - neither of the 2 clubs mentioned should be mentioned in the same breath as Newcastle United when it comes to what can be achieved in terms of support(including International potential)or recent success in terms of CL qualification etc.

Birmingham have never been a regular Prem side OR been in Europe as often as NUFC - their crowds don't approach ours, and neither does their stadium ; the same comments could be made about Pompey and yet both these clubs were bought by people with big money - in Brum's case, a Hong Kong businessman who paid 80m for the club..

3. Potential buyers think that the club is too 'provincially clannish' and therefore only manageable by a local acceptable to the fans(NOT totally true, but there is SOME truth in that - witness those who are pleased the club is relegated so that 'glory-hunters' stop supporting it)

4. Potential buyers are being 'warned off', either by people in the media, influential people in the City of London because of their strained relations with Ashley, OR - worse still - by so-called 'influential' people in the game...

There are other factors which could be drawn into play, but these seem the most likely - after all, if you had a chance of buying NUFC for, say, 15m more than Brum, logic dictates that anyone wanting to make a success of the club would plump for Newcastle - even though Brum(and Pompey) are currently in the Prem.

Has nobody really asked themselves why such a situation exists, and if they have, has anyone been honest enough to try to accept that, for some reason, these innocuous clubs are seen as more attractive than NUFC..?

I have tried to look at this question as a neutral buyer would, and even without any hint of bias, Newcastle seems a better buy than either of those clubs - indeed, there are several clubs currently in the prem who are dead-beats when compared to Newcastle's potential and draw - it would be easier to understand IF - IF NO clubs were being bought because of caution over the financial situation, but this is not the case..

Doesn't this all seem a bit strange to you guys....!??? There is something wrong here...

Dear Merlin..... You usually close to facts but it is wrong the Portsmouth saga is still going on with the owner put the club on sale over a year now. Birmngham was on sale and use to negotiate with this HK bloke for nearly two years. So please lets not put false logic to raise our hopes....

Dear Merlin..... You usually close to facts but it is wrong the Portsmouth saga is still going on with the owner put the club on sale over a year now. Birmngham was on sale and use to negotiate with this HK bloke for nearly two years. So please lets not put false logic to raise our hopes....

I think the biggest difference between us and the other two clubs you mentioned is that they, if i remeber correctly, have both been run quite astutely, which means that £80m pretty much means £80m. With us you buy the club for £100m knowing you are inheriting the highest wage bill in the championship, a £100m loan and a club that is in no way financially prepared for life in the Championship. We need a major financial restructure or immediate promotion in order to avoid servious problems in the near future - that is a fucking massive risk for any businessman. If i was buying a club as an investment i'd probably opt for Birmingham City

Guest neesy111

i think we can say the deal includes the debt to ashley to be written off, as no-one is stupid enough to pay 240 million for a championship club

I think the biggest difference between us and the other two clubs you mentioned is that they, if i remeber correctly, have both been run quite astutely, which means that £80m pretty much means £80m. With us you buy the club for £100m knowing you are inheriting the highest wage bill in the championship, a £100m loan and a club that is in no way financially prepared for life in the Championship. We need a major financial restructure or immediate promotion in order to avoid servious problems in the near future - that is a fucking massive risk for any businessman. If i was buying a club as an investment i'd probably opt for Birmingham City

Yup the fire sale at Pompey since January suggests a club that has been run astutley and within its means.

Good ol Harry with his wheeling and dealing

Where's Thomo?

Been asking this a couple of times myself, i got my skinn full of it when i questioned him earlier on in the thread.

Maybe he was right, maybe not, but people honestly defended him back then and now they all sit and appear quiet, strange that.  :thdn:

How so? The bloke posted to me what appeared to be something he had honestly heard and thought he would pass the information on. Yet people just acted like dickheads toward him.

Guest neesy111

Yup the fire sale at Pompey since January suggests a club that has been run astutley and within its means.

Good ol Harry with his wheeling and dealing

i'm sure i've heard Alex McLeish say that birmingham have overspent as well

Pompey were not run well, they were paying all sorts of wages and paying big fees for a club with minimal support.

WHy have all the best players left if they were run well?

Why did Harry leave, cos Pompy skinted themselves by living outside of there means.

Where's Thomo?

Been asking this a couple of times myself, i got my skinn full of it when i questioned him earlier on in the thread.

Maybe he was right, maybe not, but people honestly defended him back then and now they all sit and appear quiet, strange that.  :thdn:

How so? The bloke posted to me what appeared to be something he had honestly heard and thought he would pass the information on. Yet people just acted like dickheads toward him.

When you've never left your bedroom in Sollentuna, its hard to imagine people with genuine connections to club insiders.

Guest Redheugh

100m loan will be written off. Its the 40m to Barclays thats the issue

:lol:

You've changed your tune.

How so?

Guest icemanblue

:lol:

You've changed your tune.

How so?

It won't be Moat

Where did you get this from?

There's no way the club's worth anything like £200m+. Writing off that loan has to be part of any realistic deal surely.