RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Do we even NEED new signings? Other than just for cover? (we are top of the league) i think its much more important we don't sell anymore top quality players like taylor etc. The statement indicates they have agreed a deal so Ashely must not want to stay on. Good news.

We're third after four games. There are FORTY games left, plus at least two cup games. At present, we have very few injuries. Five or six injuries later and we're playing the academy side. Of course we need new signings. What an awful post. :lol:

46 league games sonny. (unless you have us going to the wall with 2 games left ?)

it's always good to get new signings in ,personall though i think the squad as it is would go up. all clubs at thei level will have to rely ion young players as they can't afford the depth of squad that is the norm in the prem. the question that remains is what sort of squad we'll have come 5pm on set 1st.

Guest Wally_McFool

Do we even NEED new signings? Other than just for cover? (we are top of the league) i think its much more important we don't sell anymore top quality players like taylor etc. The statement indicates they have agreed a deal so Ashely must not want to stay on. Good news.

We were top of the league 2 in the early 80's into the middle of January after which we only won 2 more games until the end of the season. The club cannot afford to  be complacent about being promoted. Oh and we are not top of the league, we are only in a play off spot!

We're third after four games. There are FORTY games left, plus at least two cup games. At present, we have very few injuries. Five or six injuries later and we're playing the academy side. Of course we need new signings. What an awful post. :lol:

Yes and we have decent academy players which are adequate cover. New signings will not happen mate while the wage bill is this high. We might want new signings but theres no desperate need for them.

Guest sombrero

I have to keep reminding myself that if Moat doesnt sort the funds, then Shearer wont return as this is apparently the 'lesson' learnt from Ashhley's 'previous' mistakes.

I still think a partnership is the most likely outcome but that Moat would be the one taking the risk on two fronts.

Firstly financial, so he needs to be a guarantor for the debt positions and be the majority shareholder. This in itself would take significantly more money than Moat is supposed to have so would require backing and the banks to be satisfied with that.

Secondly, the risk of appointing another 'geordie legend' requires someone at the top of the club who the fans can associate with.

Of course, it could be sold outright but maybe if Ashley retains some ownership then he stand to gain more in the future. Am of course guessing in all of this.

this might be a silly question but.... if ashley was to retain say 40 %, moat gets 60 %, can ashley still keep the overdraft under his name? as in does it still have to be transferred to moat? could speed things up, cheaper for moat at the moment and more money for ashley in the long run?

I have to keep reminding myself that if Moat doest sort the funds, then Shearer wont return as this is apparently the 'lesson' learnt from Ashhley's 'previous' mistakes.

I still think a partnership is the most likely outcome but that Moat would be the one taking the risk on two fronts.

Firstly financial, so he needs to be a guarantor for the debt positions and be the majority shareholder. This in itself would take significantly more money than Moat is supposed to have so would require backing and the banks to be satisfied with that.

Secondly, the risk of appointing another 'geordie legend' requires someone at the top of the club who the fans can associate with.

Of course, it could be sold outright but maybe if Ashley retains some ownership then he stand to gain more in the future. Am of course guessing in all of this.

I've read people say this over and over again recently, but I still can't get what Ashley will stand to gain from it from his point of view.

Notice that 'his point of view' btw, because I do see the positives and I do see how it can be beneficial to both of them, but the way Ashley thinks and the way he has acted in the past, he will see no positive to selling part of the club; he might as well keep it, get us promoted and sell us for more. Result in his eyes.

You would keep it if there was a 100% probability of us going up, i'm trying to factor some 'risk-based analysis' into this. Its just me guessing though, based on nowt.

46 league games sonny. (unless you have us going to the wall with 2 games left ?)

49 if you get into the Play-Off finals... :coolsmiley:

I'm sure this will be a done deal by the end of the week. Everything else would appear to be in place, all we need is an agreement in principle from Barclays that Barry Moat can have the same terms overdraft as Mike Ashley.

There'll probably be a last minute flurry of transfer deals, with players no doubt sounded out over the possibility of a move here. Plus anyone signing has almost 2 weeks to get settled in as after the Leicester match we've got the international break. Good times ahead, hopefully

I have to keep reminding myself that if Moat doest sort the funds, then Shearer wont return as this is apparently the 'lesson' learnt from Ashhley's 'previous' mistakes.

I've read people say this over and over again recently, but I still can't get what Ashley will stand to gain from it from his point of view.

Notice that 'his point of view' btw, because I do see the positives and I do see how it can be beneficial to both of them, but the way Ashley thinks and the way he has acted in the past, he will see no positive to selling part of the club; he might as well keep it, get us promoted and sell us for more. Result in his eyes.

You would keep it if there was a 100% probability of us going up, i'm trying to factor some 'risk-based analysis' into this. Its just me guessing though, based on nowt.

Oh I know, and I think it's very logical; with any other owner they'd probably evaluate going down such a route.

Problem is, Ashley doesn't seem to work with logic.

I have to keep reminding myself that if Moat doesnt sort the funds, then Shearer wont return as this is apparently the 'lesson' learnt from Ashhley's 'previous' mistakes.

this might be a silly question but.... if ashley was to retain say 40 %, moat gets 60 %, can ashley still keep the overdraft under his name? as in does it still have to be transferred to moat? could speed things up, cheaper for moat at the moment and more money for ashley in the long run?

The liabilities of the company would be apportioned according to share ownership i think.

To be honest, I reckon Moat and Shearer will have several deals in place ready for when this gets pushed through. We won't have to worry that this not being done until 31st August.

I wouldn't go that far.

It's more likely a couple more players will be sold then some brought in on loan by the looks of it. Barclays have been trying to get the overdraft down even before Ashley put the club up for sale. Didn't they put the blocks on Shearer's blueprint if he stayed on?

We were top of the league 2 in the early 80's into the middle of January after which we only won 2 more games until the end of the season. The club cannot afford to  be complacent about being promoted. Oh and we are not top of the league, we are only in a play off spot!

So the fact that we've already won half of the total games we won last season doesnt suggest we'll be in contention for promotion?

Oh I know, and I think it's very logical; with any other owner they'd probably evaluate going down such a route.

Problem is, Ashley doesn't seem to work with logic.

True mate.

So the fact that we've already won half of the total games we won last season doesnt suggest we'll be in contention for promotion?

Not really, no.

Guest Micktoon

It's official Ashley is literally taking the piss. I know I'll get shot down if flames for this but I do actually believe now that he doesn't mind taking a hit financially as long as he can get back at us. What the hell 700 mill or 800 what fucking difference does that make.

It's official Ashley is literally taking the piss. I know I'll get shot down if flames for this but I do actually believe now that he doesn't mind taking a hit financially as long as he can get back at us. What the hell 700 mill or 800 what f***ing difference does that make.

Don't be so bloody stupid.

It's official Ashley is literally taking the piss. I know I'll get shot down if flames for this but I do actually believe now that he doesn't mind taking a hit financially as long as he can get back at us. What the hell 700 mill or 800 what fucking difference does that make.

:lol:

Spurs are gonna win the Premiership tbh.

Guest Redheugh

Having looked at the Accounts of SJHL and the immediate subsidiary (NUL) and its subsidiary (NUFCL) I thought I should say that there is little doubt in my mind that any acquisition you make should be an acquisition of shares and not assets.

An asset purchase would almost certainly take more time and would therefore probably cost more as well.

I think what he has done, is put the ball firmly in Barry Moat's court. Quite simply, get the money, you've got the club. We've had countless speculation about what was happening, and this, although not definitive in any way shape or form is a step forward, and a step nearer to getting the twat out of the club

Spurs are gonna win the Premiership tbh.

True. Its a shame they arent in the CL, they'd give Barcelona a run for their money this year.

Guest Micktoon

It's official Ashley is literally taking the piss. I know I'll get shot down if flames for this but I do actually believe now that he doesn't mind taking a hit financially as long as he can get back at us. What the hell 700 mill or 800 what f***ing difference does that make.

Don't be so bloody stupid.

Like i said I'll get shot down in flames. However it's my opinion based upon the fact that even the most retarded business man would not make the string of errors and tell, through lambs arse, the string of lies he has without something else going on.

If you don't agree with my opnion fair enough, but that's what I think so fuck you