RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest rosstoon

Its not about raw funds its about getting an overdraft facility up to a certain amount. Which if you have applied for even a £400 overdraft with you bank it takes a few days to process and terms have to be agrred. All c lubs run with an overdraft facility just in case of a demise in the clubs situation

Its not about raw funds its about getting an overdraft facility up to a certain amount. Which if you have applied for even a £400 overdraft with you bank it takes a few days to process and terms have to be agrred. All c lubs run with an overdraft facility just in case of a demise in the clubs situation

An overdraft facility can be setup within about 5 minutes these days tbh :p

I love it how people assume they dont have enough money.

The key thing in this bit, is to understand that the overdraft facility that currently exists to St James Holdings is required to be transferred into a new owners name, or new companys name.

Imagine buying a second hand car that still has HP to run.  You will still have to undergo a check, and then establish a new HP policy with the finance company.  Essentially the same principle, but a fuckload more money, hence the delay.

I hope to fuck this finally pushes through tho.  At least it seems that Ashley is still intent on selling. 

Guest Roger Kint

When was the last time you tried to get one for £40m?

:idiot2:

This seems promising I think, as it appears that Ashley is indeed done with the club and genuinely wants out. It also seems as though things are very close with Moat also. Regarding new players we can only hope that Shearer has been told to look into things and have players lined up to be brought in as soon as this goes through.

So the big announcement is nothing happened?

It's as clear a sign as they've given us so far that they have a deal agreed in principle and are just waiting for the particulars to go through. Pretty big news tbh.

I haven't. I was directly quoting the part where he claimed a £400 overdraft took a few days.

To be honest, I reckon Moat and Shearer will have several deals in place ready for when this gets pushed through. We won't have to worry that this not being done until 31st August if that is what ends up happenning.

Guest The Libertine

Ah right, so Radio Newcastle were wrong, all those papers saying Barclays had given a decision one way or another were wrong, and all those papers saying the annoucnement would be Ashley is staying were wrong (for now)

And yet people still think everything reported is gospel.

negative things are gospel. some people just love a good moan.

Maybe - but theres hardly been any good news for years - please name ANY in the last 5 years.

Its not an accident that most bad news turns out to be right, and good news NOT where this club is concerned.

off the top of my head i'd say about half an hour ago?

To be honest, I reckon Moat and Shearer will have several deals in place ready for when this gets pushed through. We won't have to worry that this not being done until 31st August.

I wouldn't go that far.

I guess we have to feel positive that Ashley is prepared to be flexible to get the deal done.

My cynical side would have assumed that ordinarily, he wouldnt  :undecided:

Perhaps MA knows full well that Moat won't get the overdraft but has said he will keep the deadline to keep fans off his back about new signings and Shearer?

Do we even NEED new signings? Other than just for cover? (we are top of the league) i think its much more important we don't sell anymore top quality players like taylor etc. The statement indicates they have agreed a deal so Ashely must not want to stay on. Good news.

I have to keep reminding myself that if Moat doesnt sort the funds, then Shearer wont return as this is apparently the 'lesson' learnt from Ashhley's 'previous' mistakes.

I still think a partnership is the most likely outcome but that Moat would be the one taking the risk on two fronts.

Firstly financial, so he needs to be a guarantor for the debt positions and be the majority shareholder. This in itself would take significantly more money than Moat is supposed to have so would require backing and the banks to be satisfied with that.

Secondly, the risk of appointing another 'geordie legend' requires someone at the top of the club who the fans can associate with.

Of course, it could be sold outright but maybe if Ashley retains some ownership then he stand to gain more in the future. Am of course guessing in all of this.

Do we even NEED new signings? Other than just for cover? (we are top of the league) i think its much more important we don't sell anymore top quality players like taylor etc. The statement indicates they have agreed a deal so Ashely must not want to stay on. Good news.

If it was affordable, I reckon no more sales, plus Campbell & Lovenkrands would see us pushing 100 points this season.

Guest sombrero

I haven't. I was directly quoting the part where he claimed a £400 overdraft took a few days.

itll probably be something like, for overdraft please press 1 .... for overdraft concerning NUFC please wait while we connect you to our call centre on the moon!

We're third after four games. There are FORTY games left, plus at least two cup games. At present, we have very few injuries. Five or six injuries later and we're playing the academy side. Of course we need new signings. What an awful post. :lol:

I have to keep reminding myself that if Moat doest sort the funds, then Shearer wont return as this is apparently the 'lesson' learnt from Ashhley's 'previous' mistakes.

I still think a partnership is the most likely outcome but that Moat would be the one taking the risk on two fronts.

Firstly financial, so he needs to be a guarantor for the debt positions and be the majority shareholder. This in itself would take significantly more money than Moat is supposed to have so would require backing and the banks to be satisfied with that.

Secondly, the risk of appointing another 'geordie legend' requires someone at the top of the club who the fans can associate with.

Of course, it could be sold outright but maybe if Ashley retains some ownership then he stand to gain more in the future. Am of course guessing in all of this.

I've read people say this over and over again recently, but I still can't get what Ashley will stand to gain from it from his point of view.

Notice that 'his point of view' btw, because I do see the positives and I do see how it can be beneficial to both of them, but the way Ashley thinks and the way he has acted in the past, he will see no positive to selling part of the club; he might as well keep it, get us promoted and sell us for more. Result in his eyes.