RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

There will be no announcement today, other than talks are on going with Moat and a North-West based consortium who will be performing DD this week after giving the relevant financial information over the last weekend

Can I just point out for the benefit of everyone else that this chap posts on Toontastic and pretends he knows anything on there too. :thup:

Ah right, so Radio Newcastle were wrong, all those papers saying Barclays had given a decision one way or another were wrong, and all those papers saying the annoucnement would be Ashley is staying were wrong (for now)

And yet people still think everything reported is gospel.

Guest Redheugh

There will be no announcement today, other than talks are on going with Moat and a North-West based consortium who will be performing DD this week after giving the relevant financial information over the last weekend

Can I just point out for the benefit of everyone else that this chap posts on Toontastic and pretends he knows anything on there too. :thup:

I dont claim to know anything - time will tell if I am right

So he hasn't even made a concrete offer yet? What a shambles this club is.

Sounds more like everything except Barclays was in place, and Barclays made us wait until Monday morning, where they have presumably rejected Moat's initial plans, so he's going to have to try again.

Guest neesy111

moat must have the money to buy the club, and now need's to arrange with barclays (i.e. a bit like when freddy put in the clause's that ashley needed to pay the debt off when the club was sold), how he will finance that overdraft and eventually reduce it

so he need's to have a business plan for the club

Guest The Libertine

Ah right, so Radio Newcastle were wrong, all those papers saying Barclays had given a decision one way or another were wrong, and all those papers saying the annoucnement would be Ashley is staying were wrong (for now)

And yet people still think everything reported is gospel.

negative things are gospel. some people just love a good moan.

Extended by 7 days. Just in time to have an excuse why we've not bought anyone before the deadline slams shut ffs

Doesn't matter really because we can still buy loan players after the deadline.

What's important is not to lose many more this week. Colo and Jonas may leave but the likes of Taylor, Smith and Enrique must stay.

Extended by 7 days. Just in time to have an excuse why we've not bought anyone before the deadline slams shut ffs

What's important is not to lose many more this week. Colo and Jonas may leave but the likes of Taylor, Smith and Enrique must stay.

:facepalm:

:facepalm:

What's wrong with that?

any chance for us to see new faces at all now?

I have a feeling it is less likely. I reckon Barclays rejected Moat's proposal for him to carry on under Ashley's arrangement with the bank, so its probably going to require selling more as that could be the only way Moat can raise the extra cash.