RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

His contract ended.  He never signed the 'lucrative' one

Just seems funny that Ashley can afford to give Kinnear a 2 year contract from a financially crippled club (according to board) but can't give Shearer a rolling short term one?

Kinnear was probably willing to work for peanuts and make no demands for control and/or transfer funds. In fact that's probably why he got the gig in the first fucking place.

His contract ended.  He never signed the 'lucrative' one

Just seems funny that Ashley can afford to give Kinnear a 2 year contract from a financially crippled club (according to board) but can't give Shearer a rolling short term one?

Kinnear was probably willing to work for peanuts and make no demands for control and/or transfer funds. In fact that's probably why he got the gig in the first fucking place.

Several papers reported that he was the lowest paid PL manager by some way.

I don't actually believe Kinnear was ever appointed. He just rang Sky Sports, told them he was manager and Fat Ash and Disco Dekka were too busy dicking around in Dubai to notice. They return and find some greasy haired throwback doing the job gratis and let him get on with it.

I could actually see this being true :lol:

In order for a deal to go through, some more players will need shifted from the books, that is what is holding up the sale of the club in my opinion, which has probably already been agreed in principle. It could be that selling Taylor, Jonas and Collocini (or two of the three) will be enough to satisfy Barclays. However Taylor doesn't appear ready and willing to leave while no-one has shown any concrete interest in our two Argies. Until one or two of those players get sold, the sale will drag on and on I feel. I doubt Shearer won't be returning as manager either as he would only return if certain players were kept and he was able to bring in some new players he had already checked out surely. By the time a sale comes round the transfer window will have slammed shut and the possibly up to 3 more of our 'stars' will have left for pastures new. Moat has already proved he has the actual funds to buy the club or rather meet Ashley's asking price as he wouldn't have gotten past due diligence which he has also obviously carried out. Seymour Pierce have also recommend Moat's bid and of course he and Ashley were sat together. What this all means for me basically is that everything is in place for a deal to be concluded, the money and the mutual agreement of SP, Moat and Ashley etc. All that remains is to satisfy Barclays who want to see the operating costs of the club brought down and of course some cash to flow through the coffers (and that means selling players) before facilitating that rather large overdraft that the club will require in order to pay the bills. I'm no ITK but I know for a fact that a few weeks back none of the players had been paid for a few weeks, hence the 6-1 defeat to Leyton Orient which was their way of saying we want f***ing paid or this is what you'll get.

Welcome Sir

In order for a deal to go through, some more players will need shifted from the books, that is what is holding up the sale of the club in my opinion, which has probably already been agreed in principle. It could be that selling Taylor, Jonas and Collocini (or two of the three) will be enough to satisfy Barclays. However Taylor doesn't appear ready and willing to leave while no-one has shown any concrete interest in our two Argies. Until one or two of those players get sold, the sale will drag on and on I feel. I doubt Shearer won't be returning as manager either as he would only return if certain players were kept and he was able to bring in some new players he had already checked out surely. By the time a sale comes round the transfer window will have slammed shut and the possibly up to 3 more of our 'stars' will have left for pastures new. Moat has already proved he has the actual funds to buy the club or rather meet Ashley's asking price as he wouldn't have gotten past due diligence which he has also obviously carried out. Seymour Pierce have also recommend Moat's bid and of course he and Ashley were sat together. What this all means for me basically is that everything is in place for a deal to be concluded, the money and the mutual agreement of SP, Moat and Ashley etc. All that remains is to satisfy Barclays who want to see the operating costs of the club brought down and of course some cash to flow through the coffers (and that means selling players) before facilitating that rather large overdraft that the club will require in order to pay the bills. I'm no ITK but I know for a fact that a few weeks back none of the players had been paid for a few weeks, hence the 6-1 defeat to Leyton Orient which was their way of saying we want f***ing paid or this is what you'll get.

Welcome Sir

:lol:

Say we get rid of Jonas, Taylor and Coloccini, would Shearer still be willing to come under Moat?

If all three went, I doubt it. If Taylor stayed but the other two went, I reckon he'd still be willing to come in.

If we lose Jonas and one of Taylor and Coloccini, i'd be prepared to write off any chance of promotion. I don't think Shearer would feel too different

I disagree, depending on if we managed to bring anybody else in to replace them. If Campbell signed to play alongside Taylor, I think we'd be fine.

I see HTT is back  :laugh:

I do think it is likely that the selling of a few more players is necessary to tie things up with Barclays. I think this has probably been the case for a good while.

Wouldn't it be brilliant if the reported interest in Nicky Butt from Wolves and Burnley was actually correct, and his departure allowed the takeover to go through.

Sounds far too good to be true.

Guest VegasToon

Wouldn't it be brilliant if the reported interest in Nicky Butt from Wolves and Burnley was actually correct, and his departure allowed the takeover to go through.

Sounds far too good to be true.

:celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb:

Moat Toon deal close

BARRY MOAT is close to completing his £80million takeover of Newcastle.

As exclusively revealed in SunSport, the Toon businessman has been locked in talks with owner Mike Ashley and is close to an agreement.

Moat plans to make a downpayment of £20million now with the rest paid in instalments at £10m a year - so long as Ashley is willing to accept the terms.

Ashley yesterday gave Moat until the end of this week to come up with a takeover package.

And Toon fans are pinning their hopes on a buyout clearing the way for Alan Shearer to return as manager

Source: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2604709/Moat-Toon-deal-close.html

Maybe Moat wants to keep the costs of buying the club down for now so we actually have funds to spend i.e. he's got a consortium who've got £100, but it would be stupid to buy the club outright and have no money for transfers, so this way he can build as well.

Just conjecture but hopefully true.

Maybe Moat wants to keep the costs of buying the club down for now so we actually have funds to spend i.e. he's got a consortium who've got £100, but it would be stupid to buy the club outright and have no money for transfers, so this way he can build as well.

Just conjecture but hopefully true.

hopefully true but if not he is in troble....

Hate any sort of ITK stuff (which is why i haven't mentioned this untill now) but i did hear from my mate that his sister was cutting Barry Moats hair last week and he seemed pretty confident that he'd have the club by the end of this week. Don't castrate me if it doesn't happen though.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Hate any sort of ITK stuff (which is why i haven't mentioned this untill now) but i did hear from my mate that his sister was sucking Barry Moats penis  off last week and he seemed pretty confident that he'd have the club by the end of this week. Don't castrate me if it doesn't happen though.

Could just be trying to charm the woman is she a looker? You know what these money type guys are like.

Hate any sort of ITK stuff (which is why i haven't mentioned this untill now) but i did hear from my mate that his sister was sucking Barry Moats penis  off last week and he seemed pretty confident that he'd have the club by the end of this week. Don't castrate me if it doesn't happen though.

Could just be trying to charm the woman is she a looker? You know what these money type guys are like.

Aye, she is as it happens.

(Well done for fixing my post btw)  ???

Aye, she is as it happens.

Make your own mind up: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=1419127100&ref=ts