RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Anyway, hope your ITK is right and we get sold, although I'm beginning to get a bit wary of Moat, he may not be much better than Fat Ash

Anyway, hope your ITK is right and we get sold, although I'm beginning to get a bit wary of Moat, he may not be much better than Fat Ash

He hasn't even taken control yet man.  :razz:

Or is it women's intuition?  :aww:

Guest Alan Shearer 9

I think he'll struggle to consolidate us if he takes over and we get back up, can't see him spending enough as we'll need pretty much a squad overhaul. The only players of decent Prem quality are Barton, Enrique, Guthrie would do as squad member, and maybe Jonas as a squad member IF he had better players around him.

I think he'll struggle to consolidate us if he takes over and we get back up, can't see him spending enough as we'll need pretty much a squad overhaul. The only players of decent Prem quality are Barton, Enrique, Guthrie would do as squad member, and maybe Jonas as a squad member IF he had better players around him.

I'm worried at him not having loads of money, but I'd settle for a decently run club at the moment.

If Moat can keep our best players and add youngsters with potential I'll be happy.

I'd add Harper and Krul to that list. It's not so much that they are underrated as that most Premiership keepers are not very good.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

I'd add Harper and Krul to that list. It's not so much that they are underrated as that most Premiership keepers are not very good.

I forgot Steven Taylor

I forgot Steven Taylor

Hes gan to Everton man... where you been?

A worryingly believable assesment from Wheys Keys Louise.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/aug/25/newcastle-moat-takeover-barclays-loans

Despite the author, this does seem to be the most realistic take on what's going on.

True....  I am thinking of Ashley remaning in with this club for the first time....  We can't let a broke guy to own the club just because he is a fan...    The problem after that will be sever and very hard one.....

Guest kirkpatrick9

Hate any sort of ITK stuff (which is why i haven't mentioned this untill now) but i did hear from my mate that his sister was cutting Barry Moats hair last week and he seemed pretty confident that he'd have the club by the end of this week. Don't castrate me if it doesn't happen though.

Bollicks

There is a nagging doubt in my mind after all the twists & turns in this saga, and that is that clubs such as Birmingham and Pompey have been bought quickly whilst nobody with REAL money seems to want to touch NUFC with a barge-pole.

You what? :spit:

You know Dave, the Pompey takeover that is still yet to be completed and the Birmingham takeover that should be done by November :lol:

not tyo mention the brum one has been on/off for at least a year or two already

...and ours hasn't..!????

No that's the point. Someone said theres has happened quickly.

Edit - Hang on that someone was you lol

Some of you guys are missing the basic point here - that is, that we have actually SEEN the Hong Kong guy

who is buying Brum - you tell me just WHERE we have had ANY proof that investors other than Moat have been seriously interested in NUFC...???

Do any of you really believe that a club like Everton, for example, would be taking as long to sell as Newcastle, even if they had been relegated..or Man City..?...or Villa..?

None of these clubs have got the volume of support that Newcastle have, or have had as recent success in Prem placings etc.

Its this that makes me suspicious as to whether the club is seriously on the market, or if there are hidden in-depth problems.

Come to think about it, I can't believe the club apparently told the media to expect an announcement on Monday, only to have that announcement be that they are extending deadline for the sale of the club, which they had never set in the first place.

Actually, sadly I can believe it.

:facepalm:

Hate any sort of ITK stuff (which is why i haven't mentioned this untill now) but i did hear from my mate that his sister was sucking Barry Moats penis  off last week and he seemed pretty confident that he'd have the club by the end of this week. Don't castrate me if it doesn't happen though.

Could just be trying to charm the woman is she a looker? You know what these money type guys are like.

Aye, she is as it happens.

Make your own mind up: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=1419127100&ref=ts

ive got 10 friends in common with her.

think i'll add her now! she looks fit!

It looks like one way or the other, this sale will happen. Ashley and Moat seem to be working together to thrash out a deal that will allow it to go through.

I don't think we should be expecting too much of the outcome though. Moat's financial muscle isn't that great. Many on here seem to have drifted into the mentality that it's all been Ashley's fault and therefore once he's replaced we'll get back to where we were.

Guest neesy111

right, in our situation it's unlikely we're gonna get some arab to buy us and make the club rich

moat will likely buy the club and sort out the costs etc, get shearer to provide stability in the mangerial position and hopefully this will result in promotion in maximum of 2 years, once promotion come's in, the club will be much more attractive proposition for foreign investors, where moat can make a profit or sell a slice of the club

Guest neesy111

as well guy's expect the firesale to happen under shearer as well, it's well known he was going to sell over 10 players