RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Roger Kint

From Billy Bass to sockties.

Bring in the big bucks!  :facepalm:

Brilliant way to ignore the actual story :clap:

Brilliant way to miss a rubbish joke.

Posting exactly what some muppets do actually say is hardly going to stand out as a joke.

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

No need.

He isn't buying it. Its someone he has introduced and they have dealt initially with Llambias and now with Harris.

Now you know as much as I do.

Sheard isnt buying it?

It is someone he knows who wants to buy it?

Is this what you mean?

This would make sense when you read this older article.

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/Geoff-Sheard-39must-finalise-Sheffield.4485963.jp

Posting exactly what some muppets do actually say is hardly going to stand out as a joke.

Maybe you should just ignore posts that like completely if they get you so riled up.  :lol:

I would urge a bit of caution. Reading about his abortive attempt of buying Wednesday last year doesn't make pretty reading;

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/Geoff-Sheard-39must-finalise-Sheffield.4485963.jp

Interesting links in the middle of the article too.

Sounds like a fantasist trying to play the big shot from those links.

Someone on the Sheffield Wednesday forum called him "Walter Mitty".

Guest Redheugh

Redheugh can I ask you, do you know if this will go through?

I work for a legal firm and all I can say is there are funds in a client account for the purchase of a football club.

I dont want to lose my job

Sheard hopes to buy a 29.9 per cent controlling stake in the club by acquiring the shareholdings of former chairman Dave Allen, former director Keith Addy and current director Geoff Hulley. The deal would cost around £8m, including the paying off of directors' loans. Allen said a meeting next week had also been suggested to him though he declined to comment further.

He also reiterated the funds for the deal are unconnected to an offshore bank in Dominica despite a letter from the Private Capital Bank (PCB) being used as proof of funding in January.

He said the investors' money is based in Switzerland and that the major shareholders had been told they could be paid through recognised banks in either Berne, Zurich or London.

The PCB has told the Yorkshire Post it doesn't know who Sheard is, that the letter has nothing to do with them and that it was disappointed the club had not been in contact to verify its claims.

The club said it could not comment because of confidentiality rules surrounding its announcement to the Stock Exchange that it had received a takeover bid.

But a source has revealed that Wednesday had immediately asked for the name of a lawyer to verify funding which was never forthcoming. The club remains unaware of which lawyer is working for Sheard.

Awesome. :lol:

If they are seriously interested (and have enough backing/money) WHERE have they been all summer?

First thing I thought. f*** 'em, Moat in.

First thing that came to my kind as well. Stump up the cash quickly or f*** off basically.

The whole thing (welcome, if it was real) sounds very contrived, to me.  Don't believe it.

I work for a legal firm and all I can say is there are funds in a client account for the purchase of a football club.

:lol:

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

Can you say how much? please. go on.

Guest DavB93

:lol:

Is it for the whole 100million :-)

Sheard hopes to buy a 29.9 per cent controlling stake in the club by acquiring the shareholdings of former chairman Dave Allen, former director Keith Addy and current director Geoff Hulley. The deal would cost around £8m, including the paying off of directors' loans. Allen said a meeting next week had also been suggested to him though he declined to comment further.

He also reiterated the funds for the deal are unconnected to an offshore bank in Dominica despite a letter from the Private Capital Bank (PCB) being used as proof of funding in January.

He said the investors' money is based in Switzerland and that the major shareholders had been told they could be paid through recognised banks in either Berne, Zurich or London.

The PCB has told the Yorkshire Post it doesn't know who Sheard is, that the letter has nothing to do with them and that it was disappointed the club had not been in contact to verify its claims.

The club said it could not comment because of confidentiality rules surrounding its announcement to the Stock Exchange that it had received a takeover bid.

But a source has revealed that Wednesday had immediately asked for the name of a lawyer to verify funding which was never forthcoming. The club remains unaware of which lawyer is working for Sheard.

Awesome. :lol:

**** me, had to happen to us didn't it.

No doubt Ashley will fall for all this ****.

If they are seriously interested (and have enough backing/money) WHERE have they been all summer?

First thing that came to my kind as well. Stump up the cash quickly or f*** off basically.

The whole thing (welcome, if it was real) sounds very contrived, to me.  Don't believe it.

Llambiarse was publicising the deal with the Graham Roberts fans bid last week which turned out to be a storm in a tea cup. I hope this is different obviously, but it all seems a bit late to be going through due diligence at this stage.

Guest Roger Kint

Maybe you should just ignore posts that like completely if they get you so riled up.  :lol:

Consider your future nonsensical drivel ignored. Am assuming thats what you were attempting to say? :thup:

Guest neesy111

Llambiarse was publicising the deal with the Graham Roberts fans bid last week which turned out to be a storm in a tea cup. I hope this is different obviously, but it all seems a bit late to be going through due diligence at this stage.

something smell's very fishy about this, i wonder this announcement yesterday was to try and bring in more bidder's again

Sounds like a match made in heaven him and Ashley.

A buyer who never buys and a seller who never sells.

Nice timing though eh, a bloke with connections to Ashley suddenly makes a bid for the club in the same week Moats in final negotiations to buy the club? bit like asking your mate to bid at auction when your trying to reach the reserve. Amateur cunt, more likely for Moat to fuck off than complete the deal, really this is embarassing. Email for an asking price, enter the data room, hand over a deposit, and then have your name given to david craig for fans reaction.

:facepalm:

If they are making a bid, DD is done i think.

Consider your future nonsensical drivel ignored. Am assuming thats what you were attempting to say? :thup:

At least I won't get posts taken out of context, sounds good to me.  :pow: