RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'd happily have Shearer but not for the wages which were been bandied around in the summer (got a feeling it was £2-3 million ish). He's an inexperienced manager so should be paid accordingly, not based on his status as our best player of modern times.

[/quot

I agree mate,  He still has to prove himself as a manager,

Guest johnson293

So, from the perspective of someone who doesn't really know what's really going on; are we in any position to feel at all optimistic now? Surely this is a pretty big step.

Depends whether you belive what Dennis the Menace said on Sky Sports at the weekend - i.e. that he thinks he (Ashley) will keep hold of the club until next summer, to see if we get promoted and he can make more money than what is being offered now.

Hopefully though, and particularly after the Keegan ruling, he will decide that its the right time to accept the offer that is reportedly on the table, and get out of toon!

Interesting snippet in the Journal:

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/10/06/barry-moat-submits-written-offer-to-mike-ashley-61634-24860020/

The Journal also understands he has been advised to sell the club by Llambias.

Nice one Dekka.

Llambias seems to have been on "holiday" for ages.

On holiday under the gound, done in by ashley.

I think before warrying about a manager we should hope that ashley finally fooks off.

Fooking prawn.

I was being fooken nice to you!

Dont be poynting ya fooking tenticles at me boiy!

So, from the perspective of someone who doesn't really know what's really going on; are we in any position to feel at all optimistic now? Surely this is a pretty big step.

Seems like a formal written offer has been lodged to buy the club. Regardless of what Ashley is thinking, this is a major departure from what's gone on before (ie talk).

I think before warrying about a manager we should hope that ashley finally fooks off.

Yup, that's the first step.

I was starving at halftime the other day and still didn't buy a pie, I refuse to hand over any money other than the cost of admission to the ground.

On the day this joker finally sells up I'll be buying a new top, I hope many thousands do the same.

I've wanted the Third Kit since it came out, but I refuse to buy it while that fat cockney cunt is still here!

I was starving at halftime the other day and still didn't buy a pie, I refuse to hand over any money other than the cost of admission to the ground.

On the day this joker finally sells up I'll be buying a new top, I hope many thousands do the same.

I've wanted the Third Kit since it came out, but I refuse to buy it while that fat cockney c*** is still here!

is it wrong of me to want the custard cream kit?

I've wanted the Third Kit since it came out, but I refuse to buy it while that fat cockney c*** is still here!

is it wrong of me to want the custard cream kit?

I must admit, it's grown on me, but I wouldn't pay £40 for it!

I've wanted the Third Kit since it came out, but I refuse to buy it while that fat cockney cunt is still here!

As you like. You're just making the accounts look less impressive for any potential owner/investor though.

O0

Interesting snippet in the Journal:

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/10/06/barry-moat-submits-written-offer-to-mike-ashley-61634-24860020/

The Journal also understands he has been advised to sell the club by Llambias.

Nice one Dekka.

You can just imagine it,

"Just sell the fakka Moike, them idiot Geordies aren't fallin for aar lies and tricks, just faak em and faak aff"

How do we know that Barclays wouldn't have agreed the overdraft for a new owner faster had the extra revenue from pies and shirts been coming in? :D

Barclays probably wouldnt authorise an overdraft when its possible the club may have to pay out 25M basically probably around what they'd be willing to give Moat.

Seems like a formal written offer has been lodged to buy the club. Regardless of what Ashley is thinking, this is a major departure from what's gone on before (ie talk).

Was that written in an e-mail or a regular letter?

How do we know that Barclays wouldn't have agreed the overdraft for a new owner faster had the extra revenue from pies and shirts been coming in? :D

Barclays probably wouldnt authorise an overdraft when its possible the club may have to pay out 25M basically probably around what they'd be willing to give Moat.

I wasn't being entirely serious like, but yeah no doubt that was a big part of it.  Though as far as I've heard Ashley and co had £9m listed in the data room as the maximum they would have to pay.

I wasn't being entirely serious like, but yeah no doubt that was a big part of it.  Though as far as I've heard Ashley and co had £9m listed in the data room as the maximum they would have to pay.

9m is still alot though, its like buying a flat for 100K that is worth 100k when it needs foundation repairs that will cost 9 grand.  YOu either knock it off or tell them to sort it out.

Guest ToonBart

Has sillious mentioned how todays news fits in with yesterdays.

Does Ashley now have two bids?

Why have the press ran with Moats bid but not sillious clients bid?

Are his clients frantically upping their bid.?

Come SS....Let us know the score.

Guest Redheugh

That's good timing.

I can't vouch for the veracity of the Moat bid. All I know is there is a meeting planned between BM and the GS party, and it will go ahead.

There has been no pressure on the US group to up their bid at all. That offer was accepted over a week ago and funds were lodged with lawyers. Due process looked at 7 days when i said last week.

I dont think any party is keen to talk to the press, who will write what they like anyway. I don't think Barry is as near as you all think, thereagain the two sides are dealing with a "maverick" owner.

Again, i await ridicule.

That's good timing.

I can't vouch for the veracity of the Moat bid. All I know is there is a meeting planned between BM and the GS party, and it will go ahead.

There has been no pressure on the US group to up their bid at all. That offer was accepted over a week ago and funds were lodged with lawyers. Due process looked at 7 days when i said last week.

I dont think any party is keen to talk to the press, who will write what they like anyway. I don't think Barry is as near as you all think, thereagain the two sides are dealing with a "maverick" owner.

Again, i await ridicule.

Who's the GS Party and do you think they are a viable alternative to Gordon Browns mob?

Guest ToonBart

That's good timing.

Again, i await ridicule.

I thought yesterday you said they put the bid in last friday?

Why do you think GS would like to speak to BM?

Do you know if the GS group also failed to meet Ashleys asking price of 100 mill.

Guest Redheugh

That's good timing.

Again, i await ridicule.

I thought yesterday you said they put the bid in last friday? accepted then - splitting hairs

Why do you think GS would like to speak to BM? - maybe it came the other way round

Do you know if the GS group also failed to meet Ashleys asking price of 100 mill. - matched

That's good timing.

Again, i await ridicule.

I thought yesterday you said they put the bid in last friday? accepted then - splitting hairs

Why do you think GS would like to speak to BM? - maybe it came the other way round

Do you know if the GS group also failed to meet Ashleys asking price of 100 mill. - matched

Who are the GS Group man>????????