RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Still cant get my head round why Moat would put a bid in for less than Geoff Sheards group.

He must be aware the 100 mill has already being met. It makes no sense.

Do you have a view why Moat would do this unless he has solid information that the GS bid is not realistic.

What is the score with Barclays and the overdraft. Does the GS group need it, have they been passed by Barclays?

Maybe trying to shave a bit off the price because of his preferred bidder status?

The thing I keep coming back to on this is that if I were Ashley I just would not sell now. He won't get his money back if we are promoted but he'll get a lot more back than he would if he sells right now. Ashley seems thick skinned enough not to give a s*** about being branded a liar and being hated - so why sell?

But what if we don't get promoted and they have to sell off more players - he would not get £100m then. 

He's a gambler - and its a good punt that we will get promoted.

At some point even a gambler has to stick, maybe he'll finally decided this is one gamble too far.

heres what i think, moats bid includes bonuses for if we get promoted, something like that might make a bid acceptable for ma as he'd get more money on promotion

What, and give the next fuckwit owner an excuse to avoid promotion! :dave:

I think the Sheard stuff is a load of bollocks.

That's not to say Sillius is lying of course, I simply don't believe the 'foundation' (if it even exists) is in with a shout of taking over the club.

I think the Sheard stuff is a load of bollocks.

That's not to say Sillius is lying of course, I simply don't believe the 'foundation' (if it even exists) is in with a shout of taking over the club.

I've never really bought the Sheard stuff too much, after that carry on with Sheff Wed.

The thing I keep coming back to on this is that if I were Ashley I just would not sell now. He won't get his money back if we are promoted but he'll get a lot more back than he would if he sells right now. Ashley seems thick skinned enough not to give a s*** about being branded a liar and being hated - so why sell?

Yeah but he'd still need to find a buyer. The club's been on the market for the most part of the last 12 months, and it's proved to be pretty difficult to find someone who's willing and able to put up 100m for the club, I'd imagine it'd be just as hard to find someone who'd fork out even more at the end of the season even if we're promoted. I assume we'll have the same squad as now, and while we'll receive ~20m more in TV revenues next season, we'll have to invest just as much or even more in new players if we don't want to go down again, so the club's true value wouldn't rise a whole lot imo.

While all evidence point towards that Ashley is a grade A idiot, I'm sure that either he or one of his advisors are aware of that.

We're racking up the pages now.

Which of course is more important than the takeover itself :nods:

Yeah, it is. I'm replying to this to contribute to the progression of the thread, although don't tell Dave or anyone, they frown upon such things.

Yeah, it is. I'm replying to this to contribute to the progression of the thread, although don't tell Dave or anyone, they frown upon such things.

This post is more or less the same tbh.

This post is more or less the same tbh.

Yeah, I agree.

EDIT: in case Dave is watching: Moat, Seymour Pierce, Ashley, Keegan, Shearer, Hughton, Sheard

Yeah but he'd still need to find a buyer. The club's been on the market for the most part of the last 12 months, and it's proved to be pretty difficult to find someone who's willing and able to put up 100m for the club, I'd imagine it'd be just as hard to find someone who'd fork out even more at the end of the season even if we're promoted. I assume we'll have the same squad as now, and while we'll receive ~20m more in TV revenues next season, we'll have to invest just as much or even more in new players if we don't want to go down again, so the club's true value wouldn't rise a whole lot imo.

While all evidence point towards that Ashley is a grade A idiot, I'm sure that either he or one of his advisors are aware of that.

It sounds like he's eventually managed to generate some interest at somewhere near £100m as a Championship club likely to be promoted. And with our following and potential that has to be worth more  (dunno say £130m?) when you are actually promoted. As I said earlier he's a gambler, and I doubt he can even spell the word credibility, let alone give a toss about it, so if I was him I'd hang in there.

He's a gambler - and its a good punt that we will get promoted.

It's a good punt we'll lose in the play-offs! Our recent track record regarding what happens when it's time to 'stand up and be counted' is, half of them disappear.

Just make sure we don't need the playoffs :)

The difference in revenue between being in the Championship and the Premiership would be more like £50m+, which means our revenue would be double (or more) then it is now.  Of course you then have the fact its the Premiership and that's the league every Football owner wants to be in (especially the crazy arabs).  Even trying to sell it for £200m in the Premiership would be a bit easier then trying to sell for £100m in the Championship.  The Man City lot were interested at £250m last season until the fat prick told them he wanted £450m.  Of course we have less playing assets now, but back in the Premiership somewhere between £150m and £200m would get Ashley a quick sale IMO.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Without a shadow of a doubt Moat is an upgrade on Ashleys ineptitude. Moat may not have Ashleys money (a point yet to be proven), but if Ashley is not willing to use it his money is neither here nor there. I think the wave of optimism that will surrounf=d the takeover will be enough to see us right this year. I also think Moat will be able to generate the funds the manager requires for next seasons window with the help of his backers.

The future's bright with Moat at the helm!

Without a shadow of a doubt Moat is an upgrade on Ashleys ineptitude. Moat may not have Ashleys money (a point yet to be proven), but if Ashley is not willing to use it his money is neither here nor there. I think the wave of optimism that will surrounf=d the takeover will be enough to see us right this year. I also think Moat will be able to generate the funds the manager requires for next seasons window with the help of his backers.

Well it can't be any darker.

Can it? :undecided:

Well it can't be any darker.

Can it? :undecided:

you know NUFC "the light at the end of the tunnel.............is the light of an oncoming train"

hopefully it would be a settling period. no mad spending we can't afford.