RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Still cant get my head round why Moat would put a bid in for less than Geoff Sheards group.

He must be aware the 100 mill has already being met. It makes no sense.

Do you have a view why Moat would do this unless he has solid information that the GS bid is not realistic.

What is the score with Barclays and the overdraft. Does the GS group need it, have they been passed by Barclays?

Maybe trying to shave a bit off the price because of his preferred bidder status?

The thing I keep coming back to on this is that if I were Ashley I just would not sell now. He won't get his money back if we are promoted but he'll get a lot more back than he would if he sells right now. Ashley seems thick skinned enough not to give a s*** about being branded a liar and being hated - so why sell?

But what if we don't get promoted and they have to sell off more players - he would not get £100m then. 

Still cant get my head round why Moat would put a bid in for less than Geoff Sheards group.

Do you have a view why Moat would do this unless he has solid information that the GS bid is not realistic.

What is the score with Barclays and the overdraft. Does the GS group need it, have they been passed by Barclays?

Maybe trying to shave a bit off the price because of his preferred bidder status?

The thing I keep coming back to on this is that if I were Ashley I just would not sell now. He won't get his money back if we are promoted but he'll get a lot more back than he would if he sells right now. Ashley seems thick skinned enough not to give a s*** about being branded a liar and being hated - so why sell?

But what if we don't get promoted and they have to sell off more players - he would not get £100m then. 

He's a gambler - and its a good punt that we will get promoted.

Who says both deals are still on the table ?

Guest toonlass

Who says both deals are still on the table ?

Maybe one is under the table, stabling up the wonky leg?

It's not about the money for Mike though, he'll only sell to someone he's sure can give us what we want

If I can't sell the club to someone who will give the fans what they want then I shall continue to ensure that Newcastle is run on a business and football model that is sustainable. I care too much about the club merely to abandon it.

and of course what we want is:

The fans want this process to happen more quickly and they want huge amounts spent in the transfer market so that the club can compete at the top table of European football now. I am not stupid and have listened to the fans.

I hope that the fans get what they want and that the next owner is someone who can lavish the amount of money on the club that the fans want.

he's only looking out for our best interests.  :harry:

Interesting snippet in the Journal:

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/10/06/barry-moat-submits-written-offer-to-mike-ashley-61634-24860020/

The Journal also understands he has been advised to sell the club by Llambias.

Nice one Dekka.

You can just imagine it,

"Just sell the fakka Moike, them idiot Geordies aren't fallin for aar lies and tricks, just faak em and faak aff"

Are we owned by South Africans?

I've always been shite at accents. :-[

Interesting snippet in the Journal:

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/10/06/barry-moat-submits-written-offer-to-mike-ashley-61634-24860020/

The Journal also understands he has been advised to sell the club by Llambias.

Nice one Dekka.

You can just imagine it,

"Just sell the fakka Moike, them idiot Geordies aren't fallin for aar lies and tricks, just faak em and faak aff"

Are we owned by South Africans?

I've always been shite at accents. :-[

:lol:

At some point even a gambler has to stick, maybe he'll finally decided this is one gamble too far.

At some point even a gambler has to stick, maybe he'll finally decided this is one gamble too far.

heres what i think, moats bid includes bonuses for if we get promoted, something like that might make a bid acceptable for ma as he'd get more money on promotion

That fat f*** is not going to sell.  The only way forward is for someone to kill him.

Can we set up a kill Ashley appeal fund? probably top the £100mill

Guest Wally_McFool

One call and it would be on the ticker on SSN

If Sillius really loved us, he would make that call.   :frantic:    ;D

It's a good punt we'll lose in the play-offs! Our recent track record regarding what happens when it's time to 'stand up and be counted' is, half of them disappear.