RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest pont-toon

So maybe Moat is a pucker player after all.........is it any coincidence that one of this boards eagle eye posters spotted a car on Friday outside Bazzas office on Melbourne Street that someone said belonged to K.Shepherd.

:)

I did indeed, I'll keep toot tomorrow anarl.

havent heard that phrase in years  :icon_rr:

Guest Geordiekev

And another.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1218370/Barry-Moat-lodges-formal-takeover-bid-Newcastle-end-Mike-Ashley-era-beckons.html?ITO=1490

Barry Moat lodges formal takeover bid for Newcastle as end of Mike Ashley era beckons

By Michael Walker

Last updated at 11:11 PM on 05th October 2009

Barry Moat submitted a formal bid for Newcastle United on Monday, a positive development in the Tyneside businessman's attempt to purchase the club from owner Mike Ashley.

It is not thought to be the £100million Ashley was demanding when he put the club on the market in May but, with Newcastle saying two weeks ago that all parties had then reached 'sale and purchase stage', it appears the end of the Ashley regime is close.

Moat's arrival would signal the return of Alan Shearer as manager.

And Moat is said to have satisfied Barclays Bank's criteria after various problems trying to get the money together, so Ashley has only to sanction the sale.

This worries me. How will he fund the day to day running of the club, and how much would we have to invest in new players?

At present we have a club that has been virtually self sufficient in the way of funding players etc, If it does go ahead then give this guy room and time to do his stuff.. FFS we crave to rif the club of the poison that has set in so just warm to the new owner should it happen..

And another.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1218370/Barry-Moat-lodges-formal-takeover-bid-Newcastle-end-Mike-Ashley-era-beckons.html?ITO=1490

Barry Moat lodges formal takeover bid for Newcastle as end of Mike Ashley era beckons

By Michael Walker

Barry Moat submitted a formal bid for Newcastle United on Monday, a positive development in the Tyneside businessman's attempt to purchase the club from owner Mike Ashley.

It is not thought to be the £100million Ashley was demanding when he put the club on the market in May but, with Newcastle saying two weeks ago that all parties had then reached 'sale and purchase stage', it appears the end of the Ashley regime is close.

And Moat is said to have satisfied Barclays Bank's criteria after various problems trying to get the money together, so Ashley has only to sanction the sale.

This worries me. How will he fund the day to day running of the club, and how much would we have to invest in new players?

I couldnt give a flying how much money he has to spend as long as he runs the club correctly, Ashley has a lot more money than were lead to believe Moat has, but how much has he spent on transfers ?

Get a grip we need shot of Ashley asap, the guy is a lying bafoon of the highest possible order.

Don't know why people are getting so excited. We already knew Moat wanted to buy the club and we know that Ashley won't sell unless he gets an offer he can't refuse. Are we there yet?  Not quite, this still looks like negotiations in progress to me.

Guest Geordiekev

Dodgy few days ahead, does he take the money and run "I hope to fuck he does" or does he reject the bid remove the club from sale, appoint Hughton to be his new puppy and give him the change from the KK kitty to spend as a sweetner..

Guest toonlass

And another.

By Michael Walker

I couldnt give a flying how much money he has to spend as long as he runs the club correctly, Ashley has a lot more money than were lead to believe Moat has, but how much has he spent on transfers ?

Get a grip we need shot of Ashley asap, the guy is a lying bafoon of the highest possible order.

When Sir John sold to Ashley we jumped out of the frying pan into the fire. We all hated Fat Fred. I want rid of Ashley as much as anyone, but I don't want the club dragged into further shite.

And another.

By Michael Walker

When Sir John sold to Ashley we jumped out of the frying pan into the fire. We all hated Fat Fred. I want rid of Ashley as much as anyone, but I don't want the club dragged into further s****.

Would that take us into the another pain barryier?

And another.

By Michael Walker

It's all a ruse... pretending to have no money so Ashley will accept a lower offer. He's secretly loaded  O0

So maybe Moat is a pucker player after all.........is it any coincidence that one of this boards eagle eye posters spotted a car on Friday outside Bazzas office on Melbourne Street that someone said belonged to K.Shepherd.

have we got any deck chairs/spy camera ?? maybe come up with a rota haha.....

Don't know why people are getting so excited. We already knew Moat wanted to buy the club and we know that Ashley won't sell unless he gets an offer he can't refuse. Are we there yet?  Not quite, this still looks like negotiations in progress to me.

Who's getting excited? :lol:

And another.

By Michael Walker

When Sir John sold to Ashley we jumped out of the frying pan into the fire. We all hated Fat Fred. I want rid of Ashley as much as anyone, but I don't want the club dragged into further s****.

to be honest its impossible for anyone to drag this club further into the shite!  Even if Moat didn't hae bucketloads of cash to take us immediately to the next level,if he came in and stabalised the club and ran it like a proper football club and made it a decent proposition for big companies to approach us as new sponsors and injecting more fresh money then that'll do for me.

Keep those peelers peeled.....do not got sidetracked by logging on here either  :thup:

And another.

By Michael Walker

When Sir John sold to Ashley we jumped out of the frying pan into the fire. We all hated Fat Fred. I want rid of Ashley as much as anyone, but I don't want the club dragged into further shite.

What would Moat do differently that would drag us into further shite? If he hasn't got his own money to invest, it's not like Ashley is investing any of his, however much he's worth.

Let's hope he sells it as quickly as he bought it. If he wasn't interested in selling he would have taken it off the market before now, or at least had a word in Barry's ear.  How fantastic it will be to be rid of him and Llambias  :celb:

And another.

By Michael Walker

We all is a rather sweeping statement,  Anyway we all hated Fred for very diffrent reasons, to the pure discontempt we hold for Ashley.

Surely if Moat and crew have satisfied Barclays to continue the overdraft then there must be money there somewhere.

Moat invest as little as £10m in Jan on the midfield/attack then promotion is very possible.

As it stands Ashley is just assest stripping the club with no investment at all, I'm sure if he stay he will continue to do so

Let's hope he sells it as quickly as he bought it. If he wasn't interested in selling he would have taken it off the market before now, or at least had a word in Barry's ear.  How fantastic it will be to be rid of him and Llambias  :celb:

Llambias has apparently already gone,  his office was cleared out about 10 days ago,  he may well be just working from London but i was told he'd gone.

Llambias has apparently already gone,  his office was cleared out about 10 days ago,  he may well be just working from London but i was told he'd gone.

Pretty sure we've heard that at least twice since the end of last season tbf.

Guest Geordiekev

1. The US foundation has lodged its funds with UK lawyers. The lawyers name has been widely reported.

2. They have asked for a 7-day completion as of last Friday, I believe

3. There is an agreed Sales and Purchase agreement

4. Ernst and Young are being appointed as accountants/auditors

5. There has definitely been dialogue between Sheard and Moat, and I think a meeting has taken place or been arranged

6. There will be money immediately available for loan player(s)

7. Money will be available for January window

8. Derek Llambias is on holiday, or some form of leave

9. Think we will have a chairperson very soon

10. Sits back and waits for ridicule

Hmmmm to believe or not to believe.... Would seem like someone was well away of events that were unfolding today..