RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Well at least we've got my ITK stuff comming through. Better than the depths the thread fell too recently. Of course we'll all get our hopes up again, only to be let down, I predict we'll hear nothing and the story will be forgoten about by the end of the week.

One thing is sure though we need a manager soon, already lost 4 points in two winnable home games because we've not had one.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Well at least we've got my ITK stuff comming through. Better than the depths the thread fell too recently. Of course we'll all get our hopes up again, only to be let down, I predict we'll hear nothing and the story will be forgoten about by the end of the week.

One thing is sure though we need a manager soon, already lost 4 points in two winnable home games because we've not had one.

Bit disrespectful to the other 23 managers in the league no?

So the  only two parties interested in NUFC are Sheard who used to sell Asics gear, wonder if he ever dealt with Mike? And Moat who not so long ago was hanging around with Llambliar as the key sponsor to our Academy.  Elsewhere it seems Pompey are being sold for the 2nd time in a few months. I have doubts if these bidders are pucker at all & not some mates trying to flush a buyer out.

Guest antz1uk

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/football_league/article6862334.ece

Mike Ashley facing dilemma after substantial offer for Newcastle

Mike Ashley

George Caulkin

Recommend?

Mike Ashley, the Newcastle United owner, has finally received a substantial formal offer for the Coca-Cola Championship club.

Barry Moat, the Tyneside-based businessman, hopes to push through a takeover after receiving guarantees from Barclays that he will be provided with working capital to run the club. His intention is still to appoint Alan Shearer as manager.

Moat is understood to have bid slightly less than the £100 million that Ashley has been demanding for Newcastle. The sportswear tycoon has invested more than £250 million of his own money since buying the club in 2007.

The pair’s discussions have centred on the structure of their arrangement, including the timing of payments and any bonuses. Ashley must now decide whether to accept the deal on offer from Moat, who is the preferred bidder of Seymour Pierce, the investment bank that has been handling Newcastle’s sale, or hold on to the club in the hope that Newcastle are promoted back to the Barclays Premier League.

Related Links

* Keegan vindicated by £2m damages

* Panel's damning verdict on Ashley era

* All that fuss over Ignacio Gonzalez, a player who lasted just 38 minutes on Tyneside

Promotion would effectively double Newcastle’s paper value and Chris Hughton’s team lead the Championship by three points after 11 games.

Balanced against that are the difficulties Ashley has faced over two attempts to sell the club, as well as his immense unpopularity on Tyneside and while he is notoriously unpredictable, he has made little secret of his desire to leave.

Last week’s victory by Kevin Keegan in his case of constructive dismissal against Newcastle, which resulted in a £2m payout to the former England manager, removed one more obstacle which had prevented Moat’s consortium, which includes American backers, from submitting a written bid.

The publicly-released details of the Premier League Arbitration panel’s verdict have also removed the last vestiges of credibility that Ashley’s regime enjoyed. Members of the hierarchy admitted to consistently lying to supporters as a “public relations exercise,” while their approach to the takeover has also been riddled with confusion and contradictions.

Derek Llambias, Newcastle’s managing director, has previously said that Ashley has received “more than two bids at £100m,” and sources close to the deal have expressed frustration that statements such as that, as well as alleged attempts to drum up interest from other bidders through the media, have repeatedly delayed a fragile and laborious process.

Shearer remains eager to return to post which he filled briefly at the end of last season, when Llambias said that Newcastle’s record goalscorer was “110 per cent,” the right choice to remain as manager.

Like many fans, however, he has grown weary at the lack of tangible progress with a prospective takeover which has taken more than four months to reach this point.

These two weeks without games could be blessing, imagine if we had three games and we won the lot, it might scupper any bid entirely.

The future of the ownership of the club should* be sorted in this break.

[/ridiculous hope]

*that's should as in they should sort it out, not should as in I expect it to be.

He looked sick as fuck when the camera panned over to him at the Ipswich game.

Just do everyone a fav in the newcastle area a fuck off, I'm sure the none football fans are sick to death of you as well.

I'm almost of the opinion that it would be better should we start losing matches immediately.

Almost.

Dennis Wise is a lying little cunt but he's more ITK than Silli  Sod will ever be, which is why I'm worried that our good start to the season will have tempted Ashley to hold onto the club. Keegan's victory and public exposure of the rotten regime at Newcastle is our best hope that Ashley will take the offer and go. If he stays he risks running a gauntlet of hate if things go wrong, which they inevitably will.

I'm almost of the opinion that it would be better should we start losing matches immediately.

Almost.

Dennis Wise is a lying little c*** but he's more ITK than Silli  Sod will ever be, which is why I'm worried that our good start to the season will have tempted Ashley to hold onto the club. Keegan's victory and public exposure of the rotten regime at Newcastle is our best hope that Ashley will take the offer and go. If he stays he risks running a gauntlet of hate if things go wrong, which they inevitably will.

In bold, I thought he was just stirring it because he/they lost the argument and he hates to lose, horrible little turd. Also Richard Keys was so far up Wise's arse he disappeared.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Barry-Moat-makes-first-official-bid-for-Newcastle-article180697.html

Barry Moat makes first official bid for Newcastle

Published 23:00 05/10/09 By Simon Bird

Mike Ashley has moved closer to selling Newcastle after Tyneside businessman Barry Moat tabled his first written offer for the club.

The SportsDirect tycoon is now considering Moat’s bid, that comes in at just under £100 million.

Ashley attended Saturday’s clash with Bristol City and was pictured in the directors’ box as fans kept up the pressure on him by chanting for him to “get out of our club.”

Moat made his move at the end of last week after weeks of direct talks with Ashley over the structure of a deal, and getting approval to take on the club’s £25m overdraft from Barclays.

Ashley has to decide whether to hold on to the club until the summer, when it’s value could double if promotion is won, or bail out now.

Almost.

Dennis Wise is a lying little c*** but he's more ITK than Silli  Sod will ever be, which is why I'm worried that our good start to the season will have tempted Ashley to hold onto the club. Keegan's victory and public exposure of the rotten regime at Newcastle is our best hope that Ashley will take the offer and go. If he stays he risks running a gauntlet of hate if things go wrong, which they inevitably will.

In bold, I thought he was just stirring it because he/they lost the argument and he hates to lose, horrible little turd. Also Richard Keys was so far up Wise's arse he disappeared.

Stirring or not, it jsut doesn't seem Ashley's nature to give up the chance of a potential jackpot when there's one in sight. He could well scupper this deal and unless the lynch mob turns up he probably will.

So maybe Moat is a pucker player after all.........is it any coincidence that one of this boards eagle eye posters spotted a car on Friday outside Bazzas office on Melbourne Street that someone said belonged to K.Shepherd.

I think it is now blatantly obvious that everyone was scared out of their wits about the possible £25 million settlement for Keegan. None of us could have imagined he was suing for anywhere near that offer. Due to their disgraceful behaviour, Ashley and co. and everone else knew it was a possibility Keegan would get that much too! I expect the sale to go through now this is out of the way.

I think ti is now blatantly obvious that everyone was scared out of their wits about the possible £25 million settlement for Keegan. None of us could have imagined he was suing for anywhere near that offer.

Quick question, if everyone was scared how could none of us of imagined?

Guest Geordiekev

He has fucked us over once too often now and forgive me for thinking he will do it again, fucking petrified he rejects the offer..

And another.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1218370/Barry-Moat-lodges-formal-takeover-bid-Newcastle-end-Mike-Ashley-era-beckons.html?ITO=1490

Barry Moat lodges formal takeover bid for Newcastle as end of Mike Ashley era beckons

By Michael Walker

Last updated at 11:11 PM on 05th October 2009

Barry Moat submitted a formal bid for Newcastle United on Monday, a positive development in the Tyneside businessman's attempt to purchase the club from owner Mike Ashley.

It is not thought to be the £100million Ashley was demanding when he put the club on the market in May but, with Newcastle saying two weeks ago that all parties had then reached 'sale and purchase stage', it appears the end of the Ashley regime is close.

Moat's arrival would signal the return of Alan Shearer as manager.

And Moat is said to have satisfied Barclays Bank's criteria after various problems trying to get the money together, so Ashley has only to sanction the sale.

Guest toonlass

And another.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1218370/Barry-Moat-lodges-formal-takeover-bid-Newcastle-end-Mike-Ashley-era-beckons.html?ITO=1490

Barry Moat lodges formal takeover bid for Newcastle as end of Mike Ashley era beckons

By Michael Walker

Last updated at 11:11 PM on 05th October 2009

Barry Moat submitted a formal bid for Newcastle United on Monday, a positive development in the Tyneside businessman's attempt to purchase the club from owner Mike Ashley.

It is not thought to be the £100million Ashley was demanding when he put the club on the market in May but, with Newcastle saying two weeks ago that all parties had then reached 'sale and purchase stage', it appears the end of the Ashley regime is close.

Moat's arrival would signal the return of Alan Shearer as manager.

And Moat is said to have satisfied Barclays Bank's criteria after various problems trying to get the money together, so Ashley has only to sanction the sale.

This worries me. How will he fund the day to day running of the club, and how much would we have to invest in new players?