RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Whatever happens, surely the fact (if true of course!) that one or more interested parties are examining the books means they have already proved their funds and things are happening. Massive positive there.

Get them all to work together and we can rule the world :)

Whatever happens, surely the fact (if true of course!) that one or more interested parties are examining the books means they have already proved their funds and things are happening. Massive positive there.

My main worry is that Ashley might really be fucking stupid enough to want his loan paid back.  In which case expect every bid to evaporate during due diligence.

Get them all to work together and we can rule the world :)

:lol: interesting thought there, all get together pool their funds then they can argue over who will be Chairman, and at what time Freddy gets shot.

:D

Can't believe how many people have voted for Shepherd

Probably the most realistic, and a sense of absolute desperation.

If he comes back I'll really have to question whether I could actively support NUFC any more. I'd want them to do well, but that's about it.

:idiot2:

Explain in words, not stupid fucking smilies

If he comes back I'll really have to question whether I could actively support NUFC any more. I'd want them to do well, but that's about it.

Explain in words, not stupid f***ing smilies

You'd stop supporting the team just because of who the owner is?  I didn't think I'd need to spell it out, seems mental to me.

Everyone else seems to have Saudi/Kuwaiti billionaires interested, I don't see why we can't dig one up.

Championship clubs certainly clubs don't, have any of them ever been taken over by a multi billionaire who actually invested his own money? There's plenty of clubs with massive potential in the league but they're all run by local businessman and so are the 3 teams that were promoted.

Look at Leeds, you could buy the club and bankroll them to the premiership for less than it would cost to buy us and you would then have one of the biggest clubs in the country, but if you aren't in the premiership they aren't interested in doing some work to get there.

You'd stop supporting the team just because of who the owner is?  I didn't think I'd need to spell it out, seems mental to me.

What if a consortium of Gary Glitter, Osama Bin Laden & Kevin Phillips bought us?

What if a consortium of Gary Glitter, Osama Bin Laden & Kevin Phillips bought us?

I'd buy Gary Glitter's back catalogue and an 'I Hate America' T-shirt.  :smitten:

The truth of the matter is that we all want Ashley gone, regardless of who comes in. Unless we are the unluckiest club on the planet, we are bound to get someone in charge who has more brains than the current crop.

Then we are trying to decide between people who we know nothing about (if in fact their interest is actually true) and someone who we know everything about (freddy) who is about as popular as a sloppy shit.

Right now i'm settling for the club being sold, i will critisise and compliment the new regime accordingly. If they have the money and have the correct desire, then that's a start.

I'd buy Gary Glitter's back catalogue and an 'I Hate America' T-shirt.  :smitten:

Don't forget the pet rat.

Who's the chairman :)

Guest Roger Kint

Bob Murray

Jack the Ripper.

Physio: The ghost of Harold Shipman. (probably do a better job than ours mind)

Guest firetotheworks

The truth of the matter is that we all want Ashley gone, regardless of who comes in. Unless we are the unluckiest club on the planet, we are bound to get someone in charge who has more brains than the current crop.

Then we are trying to decide between people who we know nothing about (if in fact their interest is actually true) and someone who we know everything about (freddy) who is about as popular as a sloppy s***.

Right now i'm settling for the club being sold, i will critisise and compliment the new regime accordingly. If they have the money and have the correct desire, then that's a start.

Good outlook. I might try and adopt that.

Might do to you, but I've seen Shepherd and a few of his cronies in action first hand and I didn't like it at all.

If any of you think he gives a fuck about the club or the supporters over his own fortune and bloated, self inflated ego, then you are wrong - in a big way.

Everyone else seems to have Saudi/Kuwaiti billionaires interested, I don't see why we can't dig one up.

Championship clubs certainly clubs don't, have any of them ever been taken over by a multi billionaire who actually invested his own money? There's plenty of clubs with massive potential in the league but they're all run by local businessman and so are the 3 teams that were promoted.

Look at Leeds, you could buy the club and bankroll them to the premiership for less than it would cost to buy us and you would then have one of the biggest clubs in the country, but if you aren't in the premiership they aren't interested in doing some work to get there.

Or someone could bankroll us and have an even bigger club.

They could bankroll Forest and have a bigger club than Portsmouth, but no billionaire would choose the former.

QPR have this but it doesn't seem to be working for them as they just aren't a stable club.

QPR.

Prior to the Man City takeover their owners were the richest owners in football by a wide margin.  They've not really thrown their financial weight around though.

Might do to you, but I've seen Shepherd and a few of his cronies in action first hand and I didn't like it at all.

If any of you think he gives a f*** about the club or the supporters over his own fortune and bloated, self inflated ego, then you are wrong - in a big way.

I don't like Shepherd either so, no, I don't really want him back.  That said, I wouldn't stop going to games just because he's in charge.

QPR haven't been bankrolled though, they're run like a business like us. They had one of the lowest budgets in the league last summer, 700k or something.

They could bankroll Forest and have a bigger club than Portsmouth, but no billionaire would choose the former.

I didn't disagree with the Premiership comment mate.  Just saying that I don't see why Leeds would be a better option then us for a truley ambitious person.

QPR haven't been bankrolled though, they're run like a business like us. They had one of the lowest budgets in the league last summer, 700k or something.

Wasn't there something stupid where the owner won't give the manager the money to spend. Basically the manager is the coach and that's all, he chooses and buys the players.

Still they are multi billionaires who bought a championship club.

If any of you think he gives a f*** about the club or the supporters over his own fortune and bloated, self inflated ego, then you are wrong - in a big way.

I don't like Shepherd either so, no, I don't really want him back.  That said, I wouldn't stop going to games just because he's in charge.

That would be difficult for me, I'm in Australia now.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Could be a good coaching setup tbh. Glitter would have a good handle on the youth team, and Bin Laden could instill them with a fight to the death attitude we haven't seen since the Joe Harvery era. Admitedlly Phillips would be a shit coach but 2/3 aint bad.