RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

As has been mentioned many times though, this is a consortium with Shepherd as the figurehead.

He will be an employee like anyone else and his actions will have to be justified. If they appoint him as Chairman, they may even bring other directors on board who Shepherd is accountable to.

Basically it's a group of people who see that he has contacts within the game, and they want to tap in to this and use his "knowledge" of running a football club.  If he f***s up royally, he'll be as expendable as anyone else

He may be a figurehead, he maybe a big contributor to the consortium and with a potential 33% of ownership (his funds) looming you simply cannot say he's just another employee.

good point, and remember last time as part of what you could call a consortium of the halls and the shepherds, freddy was obsessed about building up his control of the club and expanding his influence, which is why board members weren't replaced, footballing decisions were made by him, and dodgy deals with NTL and MGM were made.

Where’s Shepherd going to get £33m from?

Just a guess, but he might be able to find £33m from the £37.6m he was paid for his shares in the club by Ashley.

As has been mentioned many times though, this is a consortium with Shepherd as the figurehead.

He will be an employee like anyone else and his actions will have to be justified. If they appoint him as Chairman, they may even bring other directors on board who Shepherd is accountable to.

Basically it's a group of people who see that he has contacts within the game, and they want to tap in to this and use his "knowledge" of running a football club.  If he f***s up royally, he'll be as expendable as anyone else

He may be a figurehead, he maybe a big contributor to the consortium and with a potential 33% of ownership (his funds) looming you simply cannot say he's just another employee.

good point, and remember last time as part of what you could call a consortium of the halls and the shepherds, freddy was obsessed about building up his control of the club and expanding his influence, which is why board members weren't replaced, footballing decisions were made by him, and dodgy deals with NTL and MGM were made.

He was going to buy Mallorca, I'm sure he's got a bit of money in his account.

Guest Stephen927

I actually wouldn't be too against Shepherd coming back, provided he has learnt from past mistakes.

Shepherd led us to quick sand, Ashley sat on us and forced us down, while farting in our faces.

Guest fading star

Just a guess, but he might be able to find £33m from the £37.6m he was paid for his shares in the club by Ashley.

He’s been spending it.

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/business/3812803.Shepherd_Offshore_in_shipyards_deal/

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/north-east-news/todays-evening-chronicle/2009/02/25/freddy-shepherd-buys-former-school-la-sagesse-72703-23007435/

He’s been spending it.

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/business/3812803.Shepherd_Offshore_in_shipyards_deal/

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/north-east-news/todays-evening-chronicle/2009/02/25/freddy-shepherd-buys-former-school-la-sagesse-72703-23007435/

The Times has his net worth down as £48m so even taking those bits of spending into account (the Shepherd Offshore shipyards deal won't have been entirely financed by Freddy) he should still be able to scrape £33m together and still have a great deal of money to spare.

What I meant by 'spot on' was appointing the right man and at the right time, something he'd never done previously

If Fat Sam was the right man at the right time why was he such an unmitigated disaster?

the change of owner played a massive part, obviously

I certainly have not forgot what the fat fuck did. But knowing what he is like compared to not knowing anything about all these other dodgy consortiums sort of makes my mind up. I don't think he would dare fuck shearer about, I also think he has probably got the backing of some decent money men. Maybe he is just fronting it and at the very least we know money would be available. However he is a cunt of the highest order but is about ten steps up from ashley. At least there was an element of communication and funds were normally available. Ashley has hardly stumped up on the playing side since he came here.

Guest fading star

It seems that 25% of people on here have got Alzheimer's if they have already forgotten what Shepherd did to this club and actually want the fucker back.

Regular European Football? One of the best grounds in Europe? Full houses? Breaking the world transfer record? Have you seen the list of clubs that have broken the WTR - Shepherd had real ambition, and delivered the goods for most of his tenure.

He was a bit of dick and fucked up badly when he replaced SBR with Souness, but he should be judged on his achievements not just the failings of the post SBR era. 

It seems that 25% of people on here have got Alzheimer's if they have already forgotten what Shepherd did to this club and actually want the fucker back.

Regular European Football? One of the best grounds in Europe? Full houses? Breaking the world transfer record? Have you seen the list of clubs that have broken the WTR - Shepherd had real ambition, and delivered the goods for most of his tenure.

He was a bit of dick and f***ed up badly when he replaced SBR with Souness, but he should be judged on his achievements not just the failings of the post SBR era. 

Well I could buy the chip shop down the road and pump a whole load of money into it and make it a sweet looking gastro pub.

But 6 months later, I'd be re-mortgaging the house, the wife would have left, I'd have to declare bankrupcy, live on the street and hope skirges dog would give me some change.

The European runs, the ground and the full houses are all from Sir John Hall. Its not like he built the place from the ground up, he just had to move his stuff into the penthouse and buy some furniture.

Guest fading star

He’s been spending it.

The Times has his net worth down as £48m so even taking those bits of spending into account (the Shepherd Offshore shipyards deal won't have been entirely financed by Freddy) he should still be able to scrape £33m together and still have a great deal of money to spare.

He'd have to love NUFC an awful lot to risk 60% of everything he owns on the basket case Ashley would be leaving behind. With so much of his personal wealth at stake he’d probably keep his eye on the ball?

I think it would be problem if he was chairman, too much bad blood under the river. But I wouldn't be too concerned if he was part of a consortium that bought the club.

Guest fading star

He was a bit of dick and f***ed up badly when he replaced SBR with Souness, but he should be judged on his achievements not just the failings of the post SBR era. 

Well I could buy the chip shop down the road and pump a whole load of money into it and make it a sweet looking gastro pub.

But 6 months later, I'd be re-mortgaging the house, the wife would have left, I'd have to declare bankrupcy, live on the street and hope skirges dog would give me some change.

The European runs, the ground and the full houses are all from Sir John Hall. Its not like he built the place from the ground up, he just had to move his stuff into the penthouse and buy some furniture.

Is this the same SJH who was the major shareholder until Ashley reared his ugly head?  You think he just let Shepherd run the show do you?

There’s a whole thread on this subject, the important issues are how much influence Shepherd would have, if he’s learnt from his mistakes and what benefits his experience might bring to the table.

Something is fucking wrong with this club, who else would go from a cunt of an owner, to a worse cunt of an owner, back to the cunt we wanted rid of in the first place? Other clubs seem to get new owners piss easy, but then again Newcastle are not like other clubs.

Guest neesy111

shepherd coming back would be a disaster

ppl forget he appointed allardyce and would of stuck by him unlike ashley, that could of got us relegated last season tbh

He’s been spending it.

He'd have to love NUFC an awful lot to risk 60% of everything he owns on the basket case Ashley would be leaving behind. With so much of his personal wealth at stake he’d probably keep his eye on the ball?

I think it would be problem if he was chairman, too much bad blood under the river. But I wouldn't be too concerned if he was part of a consortium that bought the club.

I've no doubt that he loves the club.  He  also had roughly the same percentage of his wealth tied up in the club when he was chairman.

I just don't trust him to run the club

shepherd coming back would be a disaster

ppl forget he appointed allardyce and would of stuck by him unlike ashley, that could of got us relegated last season tbh

Depends really, it seemed that Big Sam had given up by November or so as he knew his number would be up sooner or later. Once Ashley took over, Big Sam's reign never had any stability as he wasnt "Ashley's man". Under FFS he may have had more money and would have been more eager to do well.

Or of course it could have gone tits up and we could have been relegated :bluestar: