RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Geordiekev

The fat bastards a plastic flower.......................... Not for fucking real..

I think Ashley made the right decision. I reckon he should keep a hold of the club, he's doing a decent job atm

You my friend are an idiot..

this seems to be a case of whos trying to screw who, ashley is desperate to get out everyone knows that and theres no other interest in the club moat knows that too so is trying to get as good a deal as possible however ashley doesn't want to get mugged so to speak despite his desire to get out and wants it all up front, possibly to weaken moats position for the rest of the season even if it costs him personally 20m if moat says enoughs enough and walks away and thats what ashley has to pay to keep the club going

Guest Wally_McFool

I think Ashley made the right decision. I reckon he should keep a hold of the club, he's doing a decent job atm

Sack the Global Moderator.   ;D

Why did he not accept the 100M offer

You see, the position that MA is in, he can only accept/reject actual offers, as oppose to ones made up by the people in your head Mr Sheard

If the Telegraph is to be believed, then Ashley is playing hardball with Moat. I remain unconvinced, however. At the risk of repeating myself for the n'th time, for a man who is desperate to get shot of us (by all accounts), he's not half hanging on for dear life. C**t.

If the Telegraph is to be believed, then Ashley is playing hardball with Moat. I remain unconvinced, however. At the risk of repeating myself for the n'th time, for a man who is desperate to get shot of us (by all accounts), he's not half hanging on for dear life. C**t.

well this is what i think, he doesnt want to be screwed over as he thinks he's being by moat, he wants to walk on his terms not someone elses

If this Moat fella is struggling to even raise enough to buy the shares then why would you want him in charge? He'll have nothing to invest surely

Unfortunately, getting rid of Mike Ashley has become an end in itself.

Shepherd had no money, and he spent shitloads.

that wasn't a good thing as he spent money that the club didn't have either

Aye, but before he took it to the extremes in the last few years, in the early Bobby days money was not really an issue most seasons

If this Moat fella is struggling to even raise enough to buy the shares then why would you want him in charge? He'll have nothing to invest surely

I would rather someone running the club well, even if they arent investing loads, as opposed to someone running the club terrible who isnt investing anything anyway.

It seems to me he wants out for definite, he's just playing the gambler he is and so is Moat. He didn't, for whatever reason, want to sell to Sheard and his crew and he and Moat have entered into this endgame, let's hope it's the final stages. If he wanted to keep the club he would have announced it by now. The puzzle is why he has told Hughton the job is his, another chess move I suspect. If Moat pulls this off and raises more money it shows his determination, I can't see him throwing in the towel now (Moat that is).

Shepherd had no money, and he spent shitloads.

that wasn't a good thing as he spent money that the club didn't have either

Aye, but before he took it to the extremes in the last few years, in the early Bobby days money was not really an issue most seasons

yes he the spending then was more or less in line with earning through champions league however the problem is when we didnt finish in the cl places the spending didn;t correspondently go down to reflect this instead we spent like a cl team but we were 12th-14th. And didn't freddie have some 300m spend on expanding the stadium and other things planned before ashley rolled into town

It seems to me he wants out for definite, he's just playing the gambler he is and so is Moat. He didn't, for whatever reason, want to sell to Sheard and his crew and he and Moat have entered into this endgame, let's hope it's the final stages. If he wanted to keep the club he would have announced it by now. The puzzle is why he has told Hughton the job is his, another chess move I suspect. If Moat pulls this off and raises more money it shows his determination, I can't see him throwing in the towel now (Moat that is).

understanding ashleys motives on any decision is an exercise in futility, all i can speculate on the hughton appointment is one of a) he doesn't think this deal is going to happen so is planning for the rest of the season b) attempt to force moats hand a bit by saying hughton is going to be appointed as manager c) the deal will go through and this is to make things that little bit more difficult for moat if/when he's in out of spite d)it was a completely random decision