ESPN UK wins Premier League TV rights - Free on Virgin Media's Top package.

Interpolic

If any of you are fans of American sport the channel ESPNAmerica ( formerly NASN ) that was part of the Setanta package has this afternoon joined the Sky "News and Events" package.  It is on Ch 417.

Owt said about the UFC??

If any of you are fans of American sport the channel ESPNAmerica ( formerly NASN ) that was part of the Setanta package has this afternoon joined the Sky "News and Events" package. It is on Ch 417.

Owt said about the UFC??

Don't think it's been announced who's getting it yet.

If any of you are fans of American sport the channel ESPNAmerica ( formerly NASN ) that was part of the Setanta package has this afternoon joined the Sky "News and Events" package.  It is on Ch 417.

Owt said about the UFC??

Don't think it's been announced who's getting it yet.

Fek !!

Just been on the UFC website here's what they got to say about it;

http://uk.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=news.detail&gid=20749

UFC ENDS RELATIONSHIP WITH SETANTA SPORTSLondon, England – The Ultimate Fighting Championship® organisation has confirmed 

Hat Collector's Pak

it has terminated its agreement with Setanta Sports.

Setanta had been the broadcaster of UFC® live events and programming since January 2008.

UFC UK Division President Marshall Zelaznik said: “It was with great regret that the UFC ended its relationship with Setanta. Over the last two years, Setanta has helped the UFC become the biggest indoor sporting event in the British Isles.

“They were the right partner for us at the right time as we continued to build the sport of mixed martial arts and our brand.

“Throughout the last few weeks we have been kept informed of the situation at Setanta and therefore we are in a position to ensure our UK and Eire fans will not miss any of this summer’s huge UFC events, commencing with UFC 100 in July.

“We will be announcing the new home of UFC shortly but assure our fans they won’t miss any of the upcoming super-fights."

And Zelaznik added: “And on behalf of the UFC I want to wish the team at Setanta all the strength to get through what must be very difficult times. We have worked very closely with the entire Setanta team over the past years and wish them the best of luck in the future."

Just been on the UFC website here's what they got to say about it;

http://uk.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=news.detail&gid=20749

UFC ENDS RELATIONSHIP WITH SETANTA SPORTSLondon, England – The Ultimate Fighting Championship® organisation has confirmed 

Hat Collector's Pak

it has terminated its agreement with Setanta Sports.

Setanta had been the broadcaster of UFC® live events and programming since January 2008.

UFC UK Division President Marshall Zelaznik said: “It was with great regret that the UFC ended its relationship with Setanta. Over the last two years, Setanta has helped the UFC become the biggest indoor sporting event in the British Isles.

“They were the right partner for us at the right time as we continued to build the sport of mixed martial arts and our brand.

“Throughout the last few weeks we have been kept informed of the situation at Setanta and therefore we are in a position to ensure our UK and Eire fans will not miss any of this summer’s huge UFC events, commencing with UFC 100 in July.

“We will be announcing the new home of UFC shortly but assure our fans they won’t miss any of the upcoming super-fights."

And Zelaznik added: “And on behalf of the UFC I want to wish the team at Setanta all the strength to get through what must be very difficult times. We have worked very closely with the entire Setanta team over the past years and wish them the best of luck in the future."

Hope it dosent go to PPV

Been reading some of the press coverage of Setanta's collapse, nobody seems to be mentioning their shite customer service and terrible pricing plans.  It's all to do with a 'failed market' or a 'one trick pony.'  I'm sure those were factors, but every time I heard someone talk about the way they were treated it was negative.

Why, what's the difference?

What do you mean? With setanta I was paying £7.99 a month for football,golf, boxing & ufc

if it goes pay per view I'll be paying £10 - £15 per event per month??

Guest castlehaven

Does anyone know if there will be any Championship TV coverage in the United States next year?  I had Setanta for just this reason, but now I have no idea if anyone will pick up their coverage of the Championship. 

It will be a sad year if there is no NUFC in the US.  This year, I think every game was on either FSC or Setanta.  It might be back to listening to the radio on the official site for me.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8138992.stm

ESPN to launch UK sports channel

The US broadcaster ESPN has announced plans to launch a new UK sports channel, called ESPN, on 3 August.

The channel will show 46 live Barclays Premier League football games, which were to have been shown by Setanta until it missed a payment deadline.

The channel will also show some of the US sports to which ESPN owns rights.

ESPN has reached an initial deal to have the channel shown on Sky, but it is in talks with all UK pay-TV platforms about carrying the service.

Sky will also be responsible for selling advertising on the new channel.

ESPN owns the rights to broadcast 46 live Premier League games in the 2009/10 season and 23 matches for each of the following three seasons.

Sky's residential customers will have to pay a premium of £9 a month for the new channel if they already pay for Sky Sports or £12 a month if they do not.

For commercial customers it will be part of the "ultimate" channel package.

Previously, the Setanta Sports package was available to Sky customers for between £9.99 a month and £14.99 a month plus a £14.99 initial connection charge.

The Premier League matches on ESPN will be produced by Sky Sports, although it will feature ESPN branding.

ESPN also owns rights to show American football, ice hockey, baseball and college football and basketball throughout Europe, which it used to show in the UK on its ESPN America channel.

ESPN is owned by The Walt Disney Company.

No fucking cheaper then. Excellent. :rolleyes: