Real Estate

Guest Chris P

Guest Chris P

How much to knock it all down and build flats?. It feels in a bizarre kind of way, that's what the cockney cunts set out out to do, or is it it just a sign of over inflated times when the economy of the north east finally gets caught by all the things falling around it .

The whole thing reminds me of the beginning scenes of the the likley lads when they knocked down Byker in the 70's.

I hope it doesn't go that far

They would need to get planning permission to knock the ground down and build flats - I aso think the land the ground is on is owned by the council but am not totally sure on that tbh. Either way if such planning permission  was granted it = political suicide.

so the who does

Anyway, anyhow, anywhere I try, I can't explain that post. Perhaps you needed to substitute some of the words?  Hopefully next time your words join together you won't get fooled again.

so the who does

http://www.thewho.info/photogallery/photo22038/TheWho-LP-SP.jpg

Anyway, anyhow, anywhere I try, I can't explain that post. Perhaps you needed to substitute some of the words?  Hopefully next time your words join together you won't get fooled again.

:lol:

Guest Chris P

They would need to get planning permission to knock the ground down and build flats - I aso think the land the ground is on is owned by the council but am not totally sure on that tbh. Either way if such planning permission  was granted it = political suicide.

i would hope so, but in this day and age of zero investment if the club were not to be sold and go bankrupt what would the council do?

'

Sell

Guest elbee909

so the who does

For extra clues, watch opening sequences of CSI over and over

Guest Chris P

so the who does

very funny

Guest Chris P

god all mighty iam drunk again , what ia really meant to say was

so who does own the land?

Guest Chris P

And, does that mean the club is safe from outside investment that could over rule the town moor, exhibition park ,exemptions

The ground doesn't belong to the club - in the 60's they were only getting new leases for very short periods as the Council and the Club loathed each other - that's why there were no 1966 World Cup games at SJP as there was no security of tenure and the club refused to invets anything on a short lease.

When Sir John came along they negotiated a much longer lease ?99 years? or longer

The ground is also confined due to the Listed terrace on the east side that belongs to the University

City Council own the land, it actually works as a nice safe guard against any mongs like Ashley, TBH does he even know the land the stadium is built on doesn't belong to him?

City Council own the land, it actually works as a nice safe guard against any mongs like Ashley, TBH does he even know the land the stadium is built on doesn't belong to him?

Yes he will, training ground is a different story of course.

I ve asked this before but what happened to the land at SJP Metro Station and the old brewery site? Prime for redevelopment if Ashley acquired said land in his original purchase.

is the old brewery site not going to become the new science park. i'm not sure if the club ever owned that. i thought they just owned the land where the magpie and old novocastria club was ?

Aye, that whole area around the ground has already got developments planned for it. The new hotel (Travelodge?) behind the Strawberry & Science City on the site of the old brewery.

With the Newcastle Uni Business School opening last year next to the entrance to Chinatown (which itself has been smartened up with the new gate) and the new shopping development a little further along on Percy St - the whole area from the city centre to the ground is being transformed.

Prime time to develop the stadium further IMO. Council/Govt may even offer grants/subsidies for the jobs created.

I ve asked this before but what happened to the land at SJP Metro Station and the old brewery site? Prime for redevelopment if Ashley acquired said land in his original purchase.

He did aquire it. That is one of the theories i have heard re him putting us into Administration.

He creates a new company, transfers all assets such as land to this new company and leaves only the players in the Football Company and puts that into administration.