The England Thread

Pilko

Spain and Barcelona simply cannot play poorly - they can only be less effective than they usually are. If that makes sense?

Dunno like, Barca were bloody rubbish against Bilbao last week.

Don't watch shitloads of either, but just when I do watch them, because the way (style) they play, they seem almost faultless all the time.

This is probably the type of game where Parker will excel tbh, the problem is that there's little quality on the ball around him. He was always excellent for us breaking up play against good passing sides, particularly Arsenal, it was when he would pick the ball up against Wigan that his lack of real footballing ability became a problem.

i doubt he'll excel, but i agree with the general idea. good harrier, is nimble enough to cope with being closed down and is fine passing it simple and short. it's when he dwells on the ball, goes on his captain marvel "flicks hair back" runs or sprays impossible chipped passes around that he becomes a liability. unfortunately for west ham, it was the latter idiocy that got him praised last season. looks better in a much more disciplined role for spurs, though he'll get less plaudits for it.

Hate the idea that when Spain play the ball around it's good football but when we do it's just like it was pointless. Think we could play good football if we played the right players and in the right positions.

Hate the idea that when Spain play the ball around it's good football but when we do it's just like it was pointless. Think we could play good football if we played the right players and in the right positions.

Aye.....

Parker  :lol:

To be fair, he won the ball, went forward and there was f*** all on because everyone was defending.

Therefore he had to slide tackle the ball to Spain's central defence?

Well, he didn't quite have to do that :lol: but he needs options innit, albeit very simple, close options.

What we really need is a deep-lying playmaker. Wilshere could maybe play there but a Schweinsteiger would be great. Our midfield has absolutely zero creativity.

I don't agree with all that rubbish. It's the strikers that have been letting England down since Shearer retired, not the midfielders.

John fucking Terry. What a cunt. Actually, a lot of people with two first names for a full name tend to be.

That's your card marked sunshine!