The England Thread

Pilko

What we really need is a deep-lying playmaker. Wilshere could maybe play there but a Schweinsteiger would be great. Our midfield has absolutely zero creativity.

I don't agree with all that rubbish. It's the strikers that have been letting England down since Shearer retired, not the midfielders.

What one of our midfielders today can do anything remotely useful attack-wise apart from, arguably, the two wing men? I don't deny we don't have great strikers but if the midfield could create enough chances it wouldn't matter.

@henrywinter Henry Winter

For those asking why Jones, Parker & Milner aren't wearing armbands....their armbands have fallen off & are lying on the pitch. #eng

1 minute ago

Well worth all that moaning.

John f***ing Terry. What a c***. Actually, a lot of people with two first names for a full name tend to be.

:dave:

What?

He has a first name as a surname

You're shitting me?

:lol: whoosed

I thought he was a cunt regardless of his name. :D

Just kidding Ronnie.

@henrywinter Henry Winter

For those asking why Jones, Parker & Milner aren't wearing armbands....their armbands have fallen off & are lying on the pitch. #eng

1 minute ago

Well worth all that moaning.

:lol: I think I just spotted 2 of them!

Obviously bought them from sports direct then.

Spain lacking threatening runs in the final third - would probably help to drop Alonso and bring on an attacker like Cazorla. Not sure you need 3 deep lying midfielders in the middle, as great as all three are.

VI has said this a few times.

Despite the half-field clearances even when there's no pressure, your defense has very rarely lost its shape. The only reason Spain haven't scored.

They are doing well it has to be said, although there are 6 defensive players in our outfield team so they bloody better.