The England Thread

Pilko

Fucks sake, I've just seen Barry Fry banging his fist on the desk on SSN.

Without a hint of irony he said "These foreign managers are only after the money. Let's get Harry in. Harry is our man" :spit:

And yet the last two English managers did worse than the foreign two.

Christ.

BRUCEBROWN74ABRUCE BROWN

@STANCOLLYMORE WHEN DO YOU THINK WE WILL SEE A BLACK BASTARD IN CHARGE OF ENGLAND

18 minutes ago FavoriteRetweetReply

Retweeted by StanCollymore

Guest Haris Vuckic

Christ.

BRUCEBROWN74ABRUCE BROWN

@STANCOLLYMORE WHEN DO YOU THINK WE WILL SEE A BLACK b****** IN CHARGE OF ENGLAND

How stupid are people?

http://i.imgur.com/6NdkG.jpg

INTERESTING!

The one thing Capello did well was win qualification games. Not a tough ask, tbh.

We've failed to qualify plenty of times before. The manager before him did.

Yeah, and it was a farce. Just because teams have failed to qualify in the past doesn't mean it's not an easy achievement with the players England have.

Ok so if qualification was piss easy and some of the other managers failed there, then surely it still means that Capello was relativey better than them. All England managers have easy game and difficult games. It's not like Capello was managing against the US Coast Guards whilst KK was managing against Brazil all the time. Sure the whole team and Capello's philosophy didn't work in S.Africa (which could be attributed to several factors like Rooney being so shit), but I don't see the need to make it out like he was poorer than the rest.

Guest elbee909

Christ.

BRUCEBROWN74ABRUCE BROWN

@STANCOLLYMORE WHEN DO YOU THINK WE WILL SEE A BLACK b****** IN CHARGE OF ENGLAND

How stupid are people?

I know.  There wasn't even a question mark.

The biggest reason why I've been so sick of him is because he's gone and done exactly what he said he wouldn't; i.e keep playing players who clearly aren't in form just because of their names. How Joe Hart didn't start in the World Cup was a farce, as has his persistence with Glen Johnson over Richards been. Finally giving Wilshere a chance is probably the most daring thing he's done.

It's not his fault that his players didn't bother turning up against Germany or that the referee was blind in that game, but he's made his fair share of mistakes that has pissed me off, which is why I'm very happy that he's gone.

The biggest reason why I've been so sick of him is because he's gone and done exactly what he said he wouldn't; i.e keep playing players who clearly aren't in form just because of their names. How Joe Hart didn't start in the World Cup was a farce, as has his persistence with Glen Johnson over Richards been. Finally giving Wilshere a chance is probably the most daring thing he's done.

It's not his fault that his players didn't bother turning up against Germany or that the referee was blind in that game, but he's made his fair share of mistakes that has p*ssed me off, which is why I'm very happy that he's gone.

Why does it bother you who is England manager?

Reckon the England job might finish 'arry off, I mean he's bound to be a massive failure because that's what happens to England managers and when the press turn on him we've already seen that he can't take it, so I can see him leaving after a few years due to ill health.

http://i.imgur.com/6NdkG.jpg

INTERESTING!

The one thing Capello did well was win qualification games. Not a tough ask, tbh.

We've failed to qualify plenty of times before. The manager before him did.

Yeah, and it was a farce. Just because teams have failed to qualify in the past doesn't mean it's not an easy achievement with the players England have.

Ok so if qualification was piss easy and some of the other managers failed there, then surely it still means that Capello was relativey better than them. All England managers have easy game and difficult games. It's not like Capello was managing against the US Coast Guards whilst KK was managing against Brazil all the time. Sure the whole team and Capello's philosophy didn't work in S.Africa (which could be attributed to several factors like Rooney being so shit), but I don't see the need to make it out like he was poorer than the rest.

I'm not making out he was poorer than the rest, I just think he achieved the bare minimum of what an England manager should achieve. In fact, he's done better than the last few recent managers, but losing him now is not a bad thing at all.

It's football's worst kept secret that it'll be Harry, but I don't think he's the man for the job at all. I actually think Wenger could be tempted by another job for the first time, even though it's not gonna happen. I haven't supported or even cared about England in many years, but I think the FA have made a mistake here - Capello was the best man for this summer, then it'd be a good time to change.