The England Thread

Pilko

Guest Chubby Jason

Sigh. Someone called Grant potentially playing for England. Doesn't feel right.

Aye, a name like "Grant" reeks of lower-league player.

Babel also stated Parker's lower profile meant he should not have been given the role ahead of his ex-team-mate. He continued: "I see it already happening, Xavi laughing in his mind standing in front of Parker before the game with the referee thinking, "Who's he? " Lol"

Not really arsed about England, but I'm pleased for Parker. I loved him when he was here and wish he still was tbh.

:thup: Cringe quite a bit at the mocking of Parker and all the "LULZ PLAYER OF THE YEAR" stuff.

He'll be playing Champions League football next year and I would have him back in an instant.

Haven't understood the criticism of Parker personally, think it's been over the top.

He has sure as hell got his limitations (watching him trying to do something in the final third is more often than not painful to watch, but I think he's a very good defensive midfielder in the sole purpose of breaking up attacks and keeping it simple. A player I would have in most teams.

Yes, before you say, his award last year was undeserved.

Parker is one of the only England players I like. He's not a particularly exciting player but he's definitely useful, especially in the modern game.

Feel the same way about Milner, actually.

Overrating breeds underrating on here. I like to stand in the middle.

There is a difference between calling Parker shite and laughing at his Player of the Season award, like. He didn't deserve that and it pretty much made a mockery of the award itself.

But yeah, much like Barry the MOTD and other media wankfest over them breeds hatred. Still expecting the Dutch midfield to walk all over him tonight like.