The England Thread

Pilko

Not very fussed at all about England, but I'd go with:

Hart

Richards - Cahill - Lescott - Cole

Parker - Lampard

Sturridge - Ox - Young

Welbeck

Don't particularly rate Cahill but just can't think of who I'd prefer at the moment. Welbeck being in there highlights how thin England are up top more than anything else, obviously replace him with Rooney when available.

Parker has been absolute rubbish in the second half of this season which has been completely overlooked by his bumboys.

Because Sandro hasn't been around to make him look good.

No coincidence Spurs started to go to shit not long after he got injured.

You have Scholes (and Gerrard) instead of Lampard because that'd mean a lack of pace?

Right.

What would your team be Ronny?

yeh im curious

Hart

Walker      Rio      Cahill      Cole

Walcott  Parker    Scholes  Young

Lampard

Rooney

Gerrard can't run as much as Lampard in my opinion, he's coped much worse with age than Lampard has, who is still a very strong athlete. Barry, Scholes and Lampard with Young and Walcott out wide for me. Could get slated for this somewhat but I think I would select Walker over Richards, I'm not actually that convinced by Richards against good opponents. He backs off a lot and gives them a lot of space, and I don't think he's the brightest.

Guest BooBoo

England are so god damned boring.

I bet we'll be one of the poorest sides to watch in this tournament.

Hart

Walker      Rio      Cahill      Cole

Walcott  Parker    Scholes  Young

Lampard

Rooney

About as good as we can pick tbh, although i prefer Lescott and Richards to Cahill and Walker its minor nit picking...

I do wonder if Scholes refuses any call up who you would want him in his place? as the options are very small indeed.

You have Scholes (and Gerrard) instead of Lampard because that'd mean a lack of pace?

Right.

Something I think you'd appreciate

http://bigyellowtaxi.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/lampard.jpg

Wish I had this body. Perfection  :gayfight:

Can't see Scholes actually wanting to go and if he doesn't we have got sweet F.A in terms of creativity compared to the top sides.

Aye, doubt Scholes goes at all. Best bet might be to shut down the middle with Carrick and Parker and attack up the lanes. One thing they've got in spades is speed on the outside.

Guest Chubby Jason

Why wouldn't Scholes want to go? Has he got something better on during that month?

Hodgson has apparently been begging Scholes to go. Scholes has asked for assurances on the shape of the team and what role he'd be deployed in. Ferguson doesn't want Scholes to go.

Guest Chubby Jason

Hodgson has apparently been begging Scholes to go. Scholes has asked for assurances on the shape of the team and what role he'd be deployed in. Ferguson doesn't want Scholes to go.

Where did you hear this? Fergie can fuck off.

Why wouldn't Scholes want to go? Has he got something better on during that month?

He hasn't played internationally since '04. If England were projected to fare pretty well, I could see him coming out for one last hurrah. But I don't think he'll come out for a squad not projected to get much past the quarters with or without him.

Where did you hear this? Fergie can fuck off.

My mate who's a Man Utd fan - has some good contacts. He thinks Scholes will end up going should Hodgson tell him what he wants to hear and although it isn't what he wants, Fergie accepts he'll probably want to go too knowing it's his last chance for England.