The England Thread

Pilko

Guest NufcBano

For the first 2 group games in the Euro's (stick Rooney up front once he is back):

--------------Hart--------------

Richards--Cahill-Terry--Cole

-------Parker---Lampard-----

Walcott---Gerrard-----Young

------------Carroll-------------

I cant believe I have put Mandy in, but looking at the other options. Bent hasn't played for months, Welbeck isn't good enough to play up top on his own. Same can be said for Sturridge. Defoe has hardly played. Crouch isn't good enough plus he is old, rather have Mandy. As funny as it has been to watch Mandy struggle to score, his all round game isn't that bad. He hold's it up and can lead the line. Walcott, Gerrard, Lampard and Young are capable of sticking the ball in the net, playing off of him. Once Rooney is back, he comes in for him.

Lampard has been more disciplined this season sitting in midfield. If he can do that for England, then nobody else deserves to be ahead of him. Wilshere injured, Barry is horsesh*t. Parker does a job and once again, who is better?

Cahill and Terry are a genuine partnership. I could go on, but quite simply if they can keep a clean sheet against Barcelona, they can do it for England.

Walcott is not a winger in my eyes but he isn't scared of sticking it in the net, something Lennon & Downing cant do. Adam Johnson hasn't played enough. Sturridge is a close call, but he seems an arrogant selfish git at times. At least Walcott looks for a cross.

I'd be happy for this against France.

Good luck Roy.  O0

Guest MrSundlofer

If you are going to play a 4-3-3 formation, I'm not sure if Carroll or Crouch is the man to be the lone striker. The wide strikers will probably try to cut inside and go for goal themselves. Go crazy and play a 4-4-2 formation with Carroll and Crouch as strikers...  :hunter:

Guest Craig-NUFC

the guardians saying Rios been dropped for the Euros

Few news sources saying the same. Hopefully this is the beginning of the culling of the older players (quite literally I hope in some cases)

talkSPORTDrive ‏ @talkSPORTDrive

Just heard some disturbing news about the Euro 2012 squad. Will tweet when I can

Got a feeling it's going to be Downing. :undecided:

Can't help but think Terry is going to be shown up by a lot of forwards at the Euros. He's just not the player he was IMO.

never was as good as advertised imho, a good solid player but limited and benefited from Carvalho beside him, Makelele in front and Cech behind. You'd still take him to the Euros mind, simple matter of who else is there?

so ferdinand has been dropped due to the Terry stuff? as hodgson reckoned he was going to talk to both of them when appointed, hinting that he was expecting both to come.

bit of a difficult situation really as Terry hasn't been found guilty of anything yet so if it has to be one or the other someone is going to unfairly miss out. as much of a dick as Terry is, i think ferdinand should've put the issue with his brother to the side for now. Ferdinand actually improved as the season went on, he was crap earlier on. he's lost his immense physical presence and power but he's still probably better than most of the younger candidates.

Guest Craig-NUFC

so ferdinand has been dropped due to the Terry stuff? as hodgson reckoned he was going to talk to both of them when appointed, hinting that he was expecting both to come.

bit of a difficult situation really as Terry hasn't been found guilty of anything yet so if it has to be one or the other someone is going to unfairly miss out. as much of a dick as Terry is, i think ferdinand should've put the issue with his brother to the side for now. Ferdinand actually improved as the season went on, he was crap earlier on. he's lost his immense physical presence and power but he's still probably better than most of the younger candidates.

No. Ferdinand has been dropped over his fitness. At least that's what I've read.

What's up with Walker? That's him out and Parker a doubt. Just going to put it out there and claim that my sauces are telling me that it's because Redknapp isn't letting his players go out of spite.