The England Thread

Pilko

Rather have my holiday than play for this England team, sure a lot of them feel the same.

Who would want to play for a boring manager and a deluded nation alongside collectively some of the worlds biggest arseholes under a corrupt governing body in a racist and unwelcoming country?

I suspect Parker will have a poor tournament tbh, not neccessarily down to him though, since he'll likely be in a midfield duo with Gerrard who will not do any defensive work with any competance and so it will essentially Parker on his own in centre of pitch trying to win possession against teams with 3 players patrolling midfield and he won't stand a chance cos no-one would

Have no sympathy if you rule yourself out because you demand to be played. You should want to be part of the england squad, if you rule yourself out so be it.

That kind of behaviour really disgusts me and shows just how full of themself footballers have become theese days. Every person should be proud to wear the colours of their national side to a major tournament, even if it's just as a substitute. That players kick up a fuzz for beeing called up as a backup or even not in the first team squad to just leave out is beyond me.

Joseph Barton ‏@Joey7Barton

If Henderson got in, any englishman not currently in the squad has to feel aggrieved. Yes, i wish i was there but im not..

Barton has a good point there tbf. Whilst he did have a shit season, Henderson had an even worse one so logically speaking, Barton should have been on the plane instead of that mackem.

Christ i think i would prefer to back Jordan Henderson in this one.

Perhaps someone should tell Barton that he was never going to be selected, regardless of his ability. In fact had he been the scouse Messi he still would never have got on the plane (well ok).

Guest VaVaVoom

Got a feeling RH will be looking for a draw thmora and will play a boring 442 or 4411. Personally i'd like to see England employ the a similar formation to the toons.

I hope we see something like this thmora...

---Hart---

Johnson---Terry---Lescott---Cole

Parker---Jones

Walcott-------Gerrard-------Young

---Carroll---

Would prefer Baines to Cole like but cant see him starting. Jones in the middle with Parker ahead of Henderson who i think is gash.

Once Rooney is back Gerrard back in the middle with Parker and Rooney in behind Carroll.

Really think RH has dropped a rick not taking Adam Johnson and Kyle Walker like. Walker should have been starting at RB ahead of Johnson in my opinion and Johnson offers far more than Downing off the bench.

England possibly led by Andy Carrol and his Liverpool mates, while the Newcastle players are with France.

A conflict of loyalties perhaps.

No way in wor hoose,  Howay France!!