The England Thread

Pilko

These teams played 8 years ago:

James; Neville, Campbell, King, A.Cole; Beckham, Lampard, Scholes, Gerrard; Rooney, Owen

Barthez; Lizarazu, Gallas, Thuram, Silvestre; Pires, Makelele, Vieira, Zidane; Henry, Trezeguet

How can you stop supporting teams because you don´t like the players :lol: I though the team/club/country was bigger than any player :whistle:

I will support anyway. But I hope HBA can come in and play good, as Cabaye.

You're not even English are you? :lol:

No, Swedish. But I was mostly talking about this game.

How can you stop supporting teams because you don´t like the players :lol: I though the team/club/country was bigger than any player :whistle:

I will support anyway. But I hope HBA can come in and play good, as Cabaye.

Well you've kind of answered your own question. My team is Newcastle and I support us and our players. That's why I am finding it difficult to support England... that and the fact they're all a bunch of knobs  :lol:

yeah. But I mean if you support a country when you are a kid, and older, how can you then stop supporting that team and switch?

James; Neville, Campbell, King, A.Cole; Beckham, Lampard, Scholes, Gerrard; Rooney, Owen

Barthez; Lizarazu, Gallas, Thuram, Silvestre; Pires, Makelele, Vieira, Zidane; Henry, Trezeguet

Has football declined over the last 8 years or are the players just elsewhere? Both those teams are light and day compared to current sides (on paper).

That is f***ing mint. Thanks for posting it.

That fucking team compared to today's starting line up. Great anthem there. Anderton what a miserable twat :)

I'm torn. As a Welsh man and then a Brit I would normally support England in these competitions. But I want the Newcastle boys to do well. However, I like Hodgson and if he loses will be hammered by the wanker press!

Has football declined over the last 8 years or are the players just elsewhere? Both those teams are light and day compared to current sides (on paper).

Your perception, based on growing up with the old team imo.

Dunno like, Barthez and Silvestre aside that France team is awesome.

England's looks good too and no surprise that we were actually quite good in that tournament.

Every country goes through peaks and troughs. Every country's football supporters overreact to this cycle.

Hmmm.

The German and Spanish sides from that tournament do look considerably worse than their current teams, looking now.

From UEFA: Matt Spiro, Donbass Arena: England have picked up their first injury - but it is not to a player. Goalkeeper coach Ray Clemence is being helped off pitch, seemingly having hurt his ankle in the warm up.

That is f***ing mint. Thanks for posting it.

That f***ing team compared to today's starting line up. Great anthem there. Anderton what a miserable t*** :)

I'm torn. As a Welsh man and then a Brit I would normally support England in these competitions. But I want the Newcastle boys to do well. However, I like Hodgson and if he loses will be hammered by the w***** press!

Every National Anthem should be like that. None of this shit with an opera singer, or a singer full stop. Just the crowd and team singing IMO. Maybe with a brass band too, but that's it. Makes it spine tingling