The England Thread

Pilko

He went to Las Vegas on holiday before the tournament began, I read. Okay, so he's entitled to a rest and time off, but come on.... is it any surprise that he looked really rusty in the two games?

He is a completely different player to the one we had. At Euro 2004 he was ripping into teams. Now he's becoming some sort of attacking midfielder/ forward/quarterbacky floaty player who if in doubt will try a hopeful diagonal cross-field pass which often doesn't find its intended target.

He is a quality player but could, and should, have been one of the greats.

He's never been the same since Fergie got him to start dropping deep and become the second striker AM/F.

Plus I think he eats shitloads as soon as the season ends. :lol:

He is a completely different player to the one we had. At Euro 2004 he was ripping into teams. Now he's becoming some sort of attacking midfielder/ forward/quarterbacky floaty player who if in doubt will try a hopeful diagonal cross-field pass which often doesn't find its intended target.

He is a quality player but could, and should, have been one of the greats.

Welcome to the World of Fergie..... He will make you damn effective in front of goal but he will take away any sort of technical ability you may have had.

Yeah saw article saying Balotelli was rather justifiably upset over that

Not sure about that comment about fergie stripping technical ability, well true mostly but he's been pulling Rooney deeper to solve Man U's total lack of a creative midfielder (apart from Scholes) which is arguably trying to make Rooney a more technical player.

I just find it incredible that he was asked to mark Pirlo, the player Hodgson had said in public his main aim was to stop and he asks Rooney to do it? And then predictably he barely bothers at all, clear laziness, and then that problem doesn't get fixed, no other player is asked even...