The England Thread

Pilko

Lampard wouldn't get chances at Newcastle. Pirlo would provide chances for the players we already have.

Fair point. Lampard's got a horrible record of creating chances for others. Only the 2nd best in Premier League history.

He's played in some god-awful teams with Chelsea. Been a man alone adrift in a sea of dross, hasn't he. Those shite Chelsea sides over the years...amazing that he's accomplished so much without any good players around him.

Yep, it's irrelevant now I think about it.

Pirlo's a very good footballer and at his best he was great. Xavi he ain't.

As I said, Lampard's made a bigger contribution to his side.

Club side more than likely, international side not at all for me.

Lampard has the edge in goals certainly but in his ten years at AC pirlo won an absolute shed load and I'd argue he was a massive contributor.

I'd also argue he played a huge part in Juve's latest title wins.

True but there are more ball playing replacement types than Lampard types for me. Plus swap the pair and Chelsea would be worser off for it purely in style terms during that period IMO.

Lampard is a far, far better Nolan RE: the above.

I'd agree with that, but I think it's wholly incorrect to suggest that Pirlos contribution to his team was less significant than lampard's IMO . But I agree that the box to box midfielder is a real rarity nowadays.

As is the regista tbf.

Pirlo's a very good footballer and at his best he was great. Xavi he ain't.

As I said, Lampard's made a bigger contribution to his side.

Club side more than likely, international side not at all for me.

Lampard has the edge in goals certainly but in his ten years at AC pirlo won an absolute shed load and I'd argue he was a massive contributor.

I'd also argue he played a huge part in Juve's latest title wins.

True but there are more ball playing replacement types than Lampard types for me. Plus swap the pair and Chelsea would be worser off for it purely in style terms during that period IMO.

Lampard is a far, far better Nolan RE: the above.

I'd agree with that, but I think it's wholly incorrect to suggest that Pirlos contribution to his team was less significant than lampard's IMO . But I agree that the box to box midfielder is a real rarity nowadays.

As is the regista tbf.

Not as prevalent certainly. It's what Cabaye could be if he's forced to play deep

:thup: With the right personnel around him, he'd be very good there.

Ronaldo is spot on. It's just cool to hate on English players.

Well yeah, because they've been utter failures for the team that we actually have a vested interest in (England). :lol:

Sorry we're not all blue TID like Ronnie.

Lumplard's been great for Chelsea, whoopdy do. Xavi and Pirlo won the World Cup, they win.

Ronaldo said Pirlo was '5 years past it' and nothing to worry about for England at the Euro's, right before he took the piss out of us and then picked up MOTM against Germany as well.

Can only assume he's watching a different player to the rest of us.

Pretty sure I said 5 years past his best. Which he was at the time. 6 years now.

It's funny the same posters who consistently undermine the significance of international football watch a player once every couple of years in their country's shirt and let it totally dominate their perception.

Nobody is hating on Lampard :lol:

Nope. One of the best players of the PL era and one of the best England has ever produced. Not a soul here has hated on him.

I'm sorry but Frank Lampard's not one of the best players England has ever produced. None of the players in the current squad bar Ashley Cole and maybe Wayne Rooney are in that category.

Never said it was. It's just too easy to say 'oh that fellow from way back when was a much better passer' or 'he was better at winning the ball'. I just think generally folk take for granted that Lampard has spent over a decade consistently getting more goals and assists than any other midfielder/winger/supporting striker in the top league in the world. Does that not make him one of England's greatest?

Never said it was. It's just too easy to say 'oh that fellow from way back when was a much better passer' or 'he was better at winning the ball'. I just think generally folk take for granted that Lampard has spent over a decade consistently getting more goals and assists than any other midfielder/winger/supporting striker in the top league in the world. Does that not make him one of England's greatest?

:thup:

I've never really been a Lampard fan but the last year or two, i've really come to appreciate what he has actually achieved, for club and country. For that reason i do think you would have to say he is one of the greats that we have ever produced.

no you loon

...hes been conisistently ave while playing IN an england shirt.  Admitedly hes had to play under various insane managers and their wacky teams selections/tactics.  I guess youhave to compare him to scholes or gazza ? 

Perhaps his midfield role is ill defined in englands team vs chelsea....cos he seems to muddle through a fair few matches.

I've never really been a Lampard fan but the last year or two, i've really come to appreciate what he has actually achieved, for club and country. For that reason i do think you would have to say he is one of the greats that we have ever produced.

Is he fuck, he is part and parcel of an England side that has been cock for years . I've seen 10 to 15 better midfielders for England in my lifetime comfortably.

no you loon

...hes been conisistently ave while playing IN an england shirt.  Admitedly hes had to play under various insane managers and their wacky teams selections/tactics.  I guess youhave to compare him to scholes or gazza ? 

Perhaps his midfield role is ill defined in englands team vs chelsea....cos he seems to muddle through a fair few matches.

You what?

no you loon

Couldn't lace eithers boots. Good post that Womblemaster

Is he f***, he is part and parcel of an England side that has been cock for years . I've seen 10 to 15 better midfielders for England in my lifetime comfortably.

I think you're clouding your judgement on Lampard’s achievements on the basis of England's failures with him in the side. Which in my opinion, is unfair. There's been many sides around the world who have had a talented crop of players but have failed to get their act together as a team and perform on the big stage.

Gazza had more talent, but to suggest he'll go down as a better player than Lampard is silly.

When did Lampard ever be the best player at a World Cup like Gazza was at Italia 90?  Im starting to think that you are related to Frank such is the ridiculousness of your debate.

no you loon

Couldn't lace eithers boots. Good post that Womblemaster

Yet Scholes was the one who was dropped from the side in favour of Lampard or shafted out on the left a fair few times? People seem to forget the stick Scholes got at international level because he regularly never transferred his form for Man Utd over to England.