The England Thread

Pilko

He's made 91 assists in the Premiership since his debut.  Averages around 5 a season. Hardly earth shattering stats. Certainly not for one of the finest England has ever produced.

Only Giggs has more.

Fair play to Lampard for having such longevity.

Me and few other thinks Lampard contributes more. 'Technically' Pirlo's better, but Lampard's been the better player overall for me. Last word on it.

Incidentally Steven Gerrard has 9 fewer assists in 200 odd fewer games. And I'd wager fewer of Stevie G's have come from wayward or deflected 30 yard pot shots.

Lampard wouldn't get into those AC sides nor the current Juve side right now.

Aye... who would want a 20 goals a season something midfielder who also happens to create a s*** load of goals too.

Much rather have someone who scores next to no goals but can spray da baal aboot like a boss man innit!

he doesn't have the legs to be in the current Juve side. Marchisio & Vidal are better all-round players and both know where the net is. Between them they'll have scored something like 25 goals last season.

Now the AC side let's talk prime Lampard... he may have taken Seedorf's place. But with Kaka in that side... I don't see him scoring as many goals. Also you have to consider he wouldn't take penalties in that side either.

Lampard wouldn't get into those AC sides nor the current Juve side right now.

Aye... who would want a 20 goals a season something midfielder who also happens to create a s*** load of goals too.

Much rather have someone who scores next to no goals but can spray da baal aboot like a boss man innit!

he doesn't have the legs to be in the current Juve side. Marchisio & Vidal are better all-round players and both know where the net is. Between them they'll have scored something like 25 goals last season.

Now the AC side let's talk prime Lampard... he may have taken Seedorf's place. But with Kaka in that side... I don't see him scoring as many goals. Also you have to consider he wouldn't take penalties in that side either.

I don't think he would have taken Seedorf's place.

Disagree again to be honest. Gattuso added fantastic balance to that midfield. At the time there were very few enforcers who could have complimented the other three better than he could.

Agree with you though Ian. The team as a whole is one of the best I've ever seen. That midfield, Crespo and Shevchenko up front plus Maldini, Nesta, Stam, Cafu and Dida. :lol: Ridiculous. I cannot believe they threw away a 3 goal load to Gerrard and co.

Disagree again to be honest. Gattuso added fantastic balance to that midfield. At the time there were very few enforcers who could have complimented the other three better than he could.

Agree with you though Ian. The team as a whole is one of the best I've ever seen. That midfield, Crespo and Shevchenko up front plus Maldini, Nesta, Stam, Cafu and Dida. :lol: Ridiculous. I cannot believe they threw away a 3 goal load to Gerrard and co.

And that is how good Gerrard was. Drove Liverpool on that night with a phenomenal second half display.

And that is how good Gerrard was. Drove Liverpool on that night with a phenomenal second half display.

I'd be careful about praising an Englishman in the England thread if i was you, tread carefully.

Dived to win a pen.

Especially when we're almost certain not to qualify for the world cup.

Aren't we in pole position to qualify?

Reference to the US thread, dude. My good mate Cuba thought we'd fucked up qualifying and weren't going for some reason. :lol:

Guest neesy111

Reference to the US thread, dude. My good mate Cuba thought we'd fucked up qualifying and weren't going for some reason. :lol:

Apologies, Sir.

I don't think he would have taken anybodies midfield position in that Milan side. Seedorf, Kaka, Pirlo and Gattuso. Phenomenal side that was.

Still can't believe we beat that amazing side in 2005 with Djimi Traore and Milan Baros starting the final. and then lost to them 2 years later when their team was a lot shittier on paper whereas ours was better.

Football eh....

Don't get how Carlo only won 1 Serie A title with the Milan teams he had...will always be a mystery to me.

I'd be careful about praising an Englishman in the England thread if i was you, tread carefully.

In my eyes Gerrard is the best midfielder we've had since Scholes.

You reckon England will get 6 points in their next 2 games? Because I think that's what they'll need seeing Ukraine have Poland at home and then San Marino.

Funny thing is, if England come second, they'll likely have a massive slip in FIFA Ranking (due to not being inferior teams) and could risk being unseeded for the play-offs  :frantic: