The England Thread

Pilko

I'd basically just play as many Liverpool players as possible and tell them to do whatever Brendan tells them to do. Rooney can replace Suarez.

That's pretty much what he's done :lol:. The only English player not in the squad who started Liverpool's last match is Flanagan.

You just know Lampard, Gerard and Carrick will make up 3 of the 4 centre midfielders going to Brazil!

And? If better players don't come forward what's Hodgson supposed to do? It'll be that 3 plus Wilshere and possibly Henderson.

Yeah I get your point but id just like to see more energy in there. I guess Henderson would give us that.

I'd basically just play as many Liverpool players as possible and tell them to do whatever Brendan tells them to do. Rooney can replace Suarez.

He was going to be Arry's right hand man had they gave the job to him. Not sure that would make up for having that cunt in charge, like.

So Cleverley has been picked ahead of Huddlestone?! I'd even select Livermore ahead of Cleverley for goodness sake.

England would be so good if they just went with a young energetic pacy team. They'd do so much better I reckon. Shame.

Lampard Wilshere

Sterling            Barkley          Sturridge

Rooney

For me. No chance of Gerrard not playing though.

Gerrard for Lampard in that lineup. He's looked good for Liverpool sitting in midfield, and has really improved on not playing those long passes as often.

That team would loo good though. Lots of pace, athleticism and genuine ability on the ball.

Doubt Hodgson would have the guts though.

Gerrard has been outstanding this season for Liverpool, who wouldn't play him :lol:

He hasn't been outstanding like.

7 goals and 9 assits so far in the league. Henderson has 3 and 6. I think they've both been excellent in the middle of the park for Liverpool.

Said few months ago on here that Henderson should be an absolute cert for a place in the WC squad which was met with a bit of criticism, now not only do i think he should go, i think he should start.

Guest Roger Kint

Gerrard has been outstanding this season for Liverpool, who wouldn't play him :lol:

7 goals and 9 assits so far in the league. Henderson has 3 and 6. I think they've both been excellent in the middle of the park for Liverpool.

I would guess a lot are pens and corners though, pretty sure they have scored the most from corners this season.

Guest Roger Kint

Well that's a vital part of his game these days, his whipped free kicks/corners can be deadly. And the fact he takes a canny pen helps in a WC too  :lol:

Yeah but it makes it a bad example to compare with Hendersons stats when the only reason his are higher are due to him taking them for the same team.

Well that's a vital part of his game these days, his whipped free kicks/corners can be deadly. And the fact he takes a canny pen helps in a WC too  :lol:

Yeah but it makes it a bad example to compare with Hendersons stats when the only reason his are higher are due to him taking them for the same team.

No no think you mistook that, wasn't comparing their stats. I think both have been excellent and would start them, henderson's stats are decent but he offers so much more than goals/assists to the Liverpool side. I would try him in the upcoming friendly to see if he and Gerrard can form a similar partnership.

Said few months ago on here that Henderson should be an absolute cert for a place in the WC squad which was met with a bit of criticism, now not only do i think he should go, i think he should start.

Funny how much of an effect a manager can have on a player.

Guest neesy111

Why do people even bother debating football with Brett? Hasn't it been pretty obvious for months now that he hasn't got a clue?

He has got a clue, but it's in a different vortex.

Why do people even bother debating football with Brett? Hasn't it been pretty obvious for months now that he hasn't got a clue?

Are you not on my Adebayor and Henderson bandwagon yet? Get on board before it get's too full. More and more people seem to jumping on by the week.

Adebayor? The striker that everyone has known for ages that he can be a world class striker when he's bothered, but can also look like Shola Ameobi when he's not? Aye, well done on that one. :slowclap:

I said Sherwood would turn him around once it was clear he was back in the side. People said wait till the transfer window is closed and if he can still produce then...suppose we'll have to wait till the summer transfer window is over now since it's faily clearly he's still in brilliant form all these months later, he should be bored of football by now apparently.